Gringa/sankie, even in santiago :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
.... So, who cares what others think? It should not be affecting anything.
Unless one plans to live in a bubble, people do care what others think of them. You do care what your peers and PMs think of you (how you conduct yourself, your work ethic, interaction with other TMs, .... etc.) and you also care what your friends and family think of you. In every society, people are judged by their actions and appearance and if you choose ignore this, a solitary existence is your only option.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Esos son a los que les importa mas......

Unless one plans to live in a bubble, people do care what others think of them. You do care what your peers and PMs think of you (how you conduct yourself, your work ethic, interaction with other TMs, .... etc.) and you also care what your friends and family think of you. In every society, people are judged by their actions and appearance and if you choose ignore this, a solitary existence is your only option.
Shyt, I HAD to loggin before starting my drive. NOOOO, I couldn't just leave!.

After seeing this comment and another one on a different thread, there's was NOOOOO way in hell I wasn't going to say something!.

Shad'tanooga', let me tell you what I have learned in all my years and keep in mind I am "97" years young:

ALL humans are bothered with what people say about them!. ALL of them!.

The ones that say that it doesn't bother them are the ones that are bothered the most!!.

If someone says something that it's true, it bothers us,
If someone says something that it's NOT true, it bothers us.

It's human nature.

BUUUUUUTTTTT:

There are SOME people out there that even if bothered, they know how to dismiss it right away.

These people have the capacity of getting annoyed for a little bit and then just forget about it.

Strong-minded people, if you will!.

Btw: Shad'tanooga" go check my response to that guy who married a Dominican and had to leave because he was 'starving and unemployed' ("Expat married to a Dominican advice" thread)

Last edited:

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006

It is important to be considerate and not ignore others but I noticed if I base my actions of what someone else thinks or tells me to do and something goes wrong - that person will forget what they told me and it is going to be all my fault anyway. So, if I base my actions on what I think is right (of course considering other people's opinion) and if in this case something goes wrong - at least in this case it is definitely my responsibility.

The fact that guy in the original post was not dressed as AZB tells is right does not mean he is indecent person because AZB did not see him lie, steal, cheat or do anything else of that nature. And actually I personally witnessed a few very well dressed people who seemed to have all of the qualities that AZB likes to talk about do the above described things that are not decent although they seemed to be able to get away with this stuff much easier than some poor folk because again of the qualities that AZB describes.

Last edited:

Malibook

Bronze
Jan 23, 2002
www.yourtraveltickets.com
Chill Mali ... you're taking this stuff way too serious. Dominicans talk about everyone. If one wants to live there, adapt, but "judgmental morons", harsh I'd say.
I don't care about the ones who keep it to themselves.
I'm talking about the ones who say or do things to embarrass or put people down, in which case, judgmental morons is not harsh at all.

This is just an internet message board so I don't take anything here too seriously or even mildly seriously and I really couldn't care less what you think.

sjh

aka - shadley
Jan 1, 2002
www.geocities.com
I see three blind people, each holding the others hands, and confidently heading down a dead end road.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Malibook

Bronze
Jan 23, 2002
www.yourtraveltickets.com
I care about the informed opinions of people I respect.

The presumptuous uninformed opinions of those who need to put others down in order to elevate themselves mean absolutely nothing to me.

Squat

Tropical geek in Las Terrenas
Jan 1, 2002
Unless one plans to live in a bubble, people do care what others think of them.
Living in a bubble sounds good :)

... if you choose ignore this, a solitary existence is your only option.
That's your opinion... I respect it, but I don't agree... You can ignore (most) other people's opinion up to a certain point, and still socialize a bit... Of course, it is completely personal, and what works for oneself will not work for the neighbor...

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I see three blind people, each holding the others hands, and confidently heading down a dead end road.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

hahahaha, I think there are some seriously stupid people on this board.
These people will never adjust to DR and never understand a dominican mentality.
AZB

carl ericson70

Nov 15, 2003
This morning I was driving to work and just couldn't believe my eyes. There was this young gringa (around 25 or 26 yrs old), very cute with long hair and nice body. At first I thought it was a santiagera (santiago girl) but upon second thought, it couldn't have been. The difference was, this girl was accompanied by a tigre. The sweet decent looking girl was hand in hand with a "pelao", some guy who looked more like a car window washer on the intersection than your normal average santiaguero. A decent Santiaguera, reasonably good looking will not be caught dead with a deadbeat who doesn't even own a car, walking in hot sun. so i looked closer at the girl and I became convinced she was a north american woman because she spoke english as they crossed the street right in front of my car. Out of all the thousands of santiagueros with nice jobs and decent cars etc, she had to pick one who probably has no job and car-less. She was quite content walking with her man hand in hand.
SO now this sort of trash has reached santiago as well, as if we had a shortage of loser men in the north coast that gringas have to come looking for them here in santiago barrios.
So what is it with north american women, looking for guys in the bottom of the barrel in any 3rd world country? I just don't get it. I almost pulled hair off my head, the last 3 strands, trying to figure this out. Why does it have to be a guy with no money, no education, no car no nothing, a total loser who lives off his gringa girlfriend? WHY??????????????????????
Please tell me why before I jump out the window and end it all for once and for all.
AZB

He probably has a really big......... dkk and hit that thing just right. :squareeye. Anyways, why give rat's ass who is fcking whom.......:)

2LeftFeet

Bronze
Dec 1, 2006
AZB!!! Ay Dios mio!!! Gracias a Dios you reconsidered your marriage agency. I think some of these men deserve what they get! --Las chicas del barrio!

On this thread... " Probably has a really big dkk and hitting THAT THING just right"--- classy!

and on another post someone else wrote.......

" I banged her already"

I don't think you should fix ANY Dominicanas up. I think the no tell motels and sankiettes are just fine!!

aimelove

Aug 26, 2007
Steve,

I grade students' papers at school, but I still resist the temptation to correct peoples spelling and grammar online. Wow. This is a tough group. Dr1 -AKA - Those with ties to the Dominican Republic (a spanish speaking nation) and Proud Defenders of the Queens English.

Just having some silly sarcastic fun.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Some people want to argue for the sake of arguing, like always. The DR is a certain type of place. How you handle yourself and whom you associate with is as important as how you dress. This is the truth.

Anyone who goes around saying "...Hey, why should you care what others say about you?"...does not live in the real world.

You cannot equate arrogance with wealth just like you cannot equate poverty with humility, honesty and forthrightness. Doesn't work that way.

Tourists who frequent the DR have a tendency to romanticize third world poverty because for them it is a novelty, something that they only see on TV. And like anything anyone sees on TV, it turns into a perverted amusement of some sort. And when they fall in love with a poverty-stricken Dominican they feel good about their crusade to "save" this person.

The tourist will unrealistically assume that their mate will be eternally grateful, but this is not how it works. Many poor people are rude and take without saying thank you, and are used to eeking out an existence in a dog-eat-rat world where there is no room for politeness.(Some, not all)

So leave those tourists who want to slum to their own devices. One of the issues that many foreigners dating poor Dominicans overlook is the prevalence of undiagnosed mental illness within this population. I have seen it, I have experienced it and you need to stay away from it.

When you add all the factors of poverty, sexual abuse and lack of education there is just no way that a relationship like this cannot end in disaster. So why go looking for something thats' doomed from the beginning?

**Disclaimer as I realize that my post will be seen as a rant against the poor and that they are ALL mentally ill. No, what I am saying is that the conditions in which they live in certainly contribute to mental illness, more so than a Dominican who grows up in a financially stable middle-class or above setting.

lexi

Bronze
Jan 23, 2007
Amazing!

:ermm:
This morning I was driving to work and just couldn't believe my eyes. There was this young gringa (around 25 or 26 yrs old), very cute with long hair and nice body. At first I thought it was a santiagera (santiago girl) but upon second thought, it couldn't have been. The difference was, this girl was accompanied by a tigre. The sweet decent looking girl was hand in hand with a "pelao", some guy who looked more like a car window washer on the intersection than your normal average santiaguero. A decent Santiaguera, reasonably good looking will not be caught dead with a deadbeat who doesn't even own a car, walking in hot sun. so i looked closer at the girl and I became convinced she was a north american woman because she spoke english as they crossed the street right in front of my car. Out of all the thousands of santiagueros with nice jobs and decent cars etc, she had to pick one who probably has no job and car-less. She was quite content walking with her man hand in hand.
SO now this sort of trash has reached santiago as well, as if we had a shortage of loser men in the north coast that gringas have to come looking for them here in santiago barrios.
So what is it with north american women, looking for guys in the bottom of the barrel in any 3rd world country? I just don't get it. I almost pulled hair off my head, the last 3 strands, trying to figure this out. Why does it have to be a guy with no money, no education, no car no nothing, a total loser who lives off his gringa girlfriend? WHY??????????????????????
Please tell me why before I jump out the window and end it all for once and for all.
AZB

It is quite amazing that you are jumping to conclusions and making up in your own mind what this man has and doesn't have.

Did you speak with them? Do you know for a fact that he has no job or nor car? Not only that, but you are quite content calling them trash without even knowing them.

Why don't you find something better to do than judge people you don't know and then write about it on the internet.

Maybe I can make a judgement here too? I think that people who judge others without knowing them are trash. It takes someone who has no self pride or confidence to put others down instead of taking the time to get to know them.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Ay, Dios Mio!!

:ermm:

It is quite amazing that you are jumping to conclusions and making up in your own mind what this man has and doesn't have.

Did you speak with them? Do you know for a fact that he has no job or nor car? Not only that, but you are quite content calling them trash without even knowing them.

Why don't you find something better to do than judge people you don't know and then write about it on the internet.

Maybe I can make a judgement here too? I think that people who judge others without knowing them are trash. It takes someone who has no self pride or confidence to put others down instead of taking the time to get to know them.

Abristes una lata de gusanos...ay...

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
... It takes someone who has no self pride or confidence to put others down instead of taking the time to get to know them.
Next time you see the squeegee guy or homeless person pushing his cart, take him to your home and follow your advice ... then you can tell us what you learned.

aimelove

Aug 26, 2007
I haven't been in DR since July 9. Has it gotten so slow and boring now that people aren't minding their own business anymore? I grew up in a small town where everybody knew what everyone is doing. Didn't like it. Moved after high school. I live in New York now where life moves fast and you may briefly inquire about what the next man is doing out of curiousity, but only briefly. When you are leading an interesting life that makes you happy, you don't have time for being petty. Mind your own business.

Status
Not open for further replies.