The Kevin William Scam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Just how stupid do these people think we are?
I ask myself the same question, but it occurs to me that they might manage to find some newbie owners desperate for business and manage to scam them.
All they have to do is get 1 per month to make a "great salary".

caro

Sep 24, 2003
he could always use western union website with his credit card ....lollllll

caro

Sep 24, 2003
Exactly.
That's when he gave the BS story about being out to sea on a research mission, lol.;););)

ok right he can send e-mail but not go on a website ....he need to learn a little bit more how work thing lolllll

2LeftFeet

Bronze
Dec 1, 2006
People do fall for it.

Maybe his "research" boat is Jamaican waters right now! We should be so lucky. Jajajaja-- one less scam artist.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
As per Caro's suggestion

Our scamming "Jacques Cousteau" hasn't given up yet.
Let's see what he thinks of Caro's idea.

To: Marc Beland ************************8
Subject: RE: CONFIRM THIS AND GET MACK TO ME FOR THE VISA CARD
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 01:15:51 -0700 (PDT)

Hello Marco,
Get back to me if you can take check ok
William

To which I replied,

<TABLE class=TH><TBODY><TR><TD noWrap>From : </TD><TD>Marc Beland </TD></TR><TR><TD noWrap>Sent : </TD><TD>Monday, August 20, 2007 6:29 AM</TD></TR><TR><TD noWrap>To : </TD><TD>moonlink2@yahoo.com</TD></TR><TR><TD noWrap>Subject : </TD><TD>RE: CONFIRM THIS AND GET MACK TO ME FOR THE VISA CARD

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
Hi William,
You need only go to
http://www.westernunion.com/info/selectCountry.asp
and pay for the money transfer with your credit card and as soon as I receive the funds, the condos will be reserved for you.
Regards, Marco.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
One last email to the scammer

Time to let him in on the fun.

<TABLE class=TH><TBODY><TR><TD noWrap>From : </TD><TD>Marc Beland </TD></TR><TR><TD noWrap>Sent : </TD><TD>Monday, August 20, 2007 8:05 pM</TD></TR><TR><TD noWrap>To : </TD><TD>moonlink2@yahoo.com</TD></TR><TR><TD noWrap>Subject : </TD><TD>RE: CONFIRM THIS AND GET MACK TO ME FOR THE VISA CARD
Hey there, wee willie wonka,
Don't tell me you're going to give up that easy.
Where's your ambition in life?
We're just starting to have fun.
http://www.dr1.com/forums/living/65681-kevin-william-scam.html

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
Time to let him in on the fun.

<TABLE class=TH><TBODY><TR><TD noWrap>From : </TD><TD>Marc Beland </TD></TR><TR><TD noWrap>Sent : </TD><TD>Monday, August 20, 2007 8:05 pM</TD></TR><TR><TD noWrap>To : </TD><TD>moonlink2@yahoo.com</TD></TR><TR><TD noWrap>Subject : </TD><TD>RE: CONFIRM THIS AND GET MACK TO ME FOR THE VISA CARD
Hey there, wee willie wonka,
Don't tell me you're going to give up that easy.
Where's your ambition in life?
We're just starting to have fun.
http://www.dr1.com/forums/living/65681-kevin-william-scam.html
Most likely that's not his real name. They're all Nigerians involved in credit and debit card fraud. Chris Hansen did a couple of programs on NBC to expose these scammers. Many victims are men looking for love on the internet. They send photographs of women pretending to be in love with these men followed by merchandize purchased online with stolen credit cards and request that these items be shipped to them. They're based mostly in Western European countries.

When they were exposed, some of these guys ran like scared rabbits while others were sweating profusely ... it was really funny to see them squirm.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Most likely that's not his real name. They're all Nigerians involved in credit and debit card fraud. Chris Hansen did a couple of programs on NBC to expose these scammers. Many victims are men looking for love on the internet. They send photographs of women pretending to be in love with these men followed by merchandize purchased online with stolen credit cards and request that these items be shipped to them. They're based mostly in Western European countries.

When they were exposed, some of these guys ran like scared rabbits while others were sweating profusely ... it was really funny to see them squirm.
For sure, that's not his/her real name, and I did see the Dateline show where they went after these guys, but they didn't accomplish anything. Nobody busted, no goods recovered.

senorblanco

Jun 11, 2006
I get dozens of different versions of these on my website all the time.
Its always immediatley obvious that its BS.

They all start the same, with waaaaay too much info.,

"Hello my name is Doctor ...., my fellow doctors and I will need 10 rooms for our medical convention in your country." ( Amedical convention in Cabarete LOL that'll be the day)

" Hello I am.... My wife and I have been married now for almost a year...."

Of the thousands of reservations I have recieved over the last couple years never EVER once has anyone gone into personal detail about their lives or the reasons they will be travelling, Never!
But these scummiest of scum always go into great detail it's the quickest and easiest way to tell your about to be scammed.

I like to play with them as well and waste their time, A**holes.
I sometimes start off with,
"Thank you for your request we will be happy to help you out. Send the info to www.yourmotherisac***.com and let me know when the payment has been sent. You rooms have been reserved.

Why can't the FBI do a simple sting with an agent at the Western Union office and send these pieces of ****e to jail for 10 years? It seems like an easy operation?????

MissionDoc

Dec 16, 2006
Marco- You crack me up. I promise never to even think about a practical joke with you.
Don't let him go too easily.

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
I have a German friend in Spain. He had an AC Cobra (2nd generation) and wanted to part with it. So he went ahead and put it up for sale in various internet sites.
One day he got an e-mail. Very interested customer... in England (actually yes, they do rent some office space). Very busy man. My friend was so excited he almost didn't tell me.
Well, soon it was the same story as Rocky basically was served too. Just the number were a wee bit higher. I found about it, when my friend got the Cashiers check over 300 thousand British Pounds, drafted on a British bank! I told him what it was... showed him web sites which depict basically the same story again and again. He did not like to believe it. Well, he went ahead and took it to the bank. They took it! 3 days later his account DID GET CREDITED with the 300K! The "buyer", whom by the way never had time to look at the dern thing because he was sooo busy and my friend sooo trustworthy , had his timing to the minute. The same day he started calling my friend about the balance to be sent back! I instructed my friend to sai he had not been credited yet. Sure enough, about a week later his account got debited by the bank of the 300K again. The check was a forgery and they only found out after the "emitting" bank bounced it back. Little damage done... about 100 Euros in fees from his bank.

... J-D.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
The little wimp has given up on me.
No more emails from him.
Sending him the link to this thread, must have been the straw that broke the camel's back.

Status
Not open for further replies.