Status
Not open for further replies.

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
The little wimp has given up on me.
No more emails from him.
Sending him the link to this thread, must have been the straw that broke the camel's back.

Well, don't take it too personal, Rocky ;)
They work these deals by the thousands, sometimes in industry like fashion, where the "contact" may actually be various "case workers" taking shifts.
They don't waste time and or feel offended... they just move on to the next cases.

... J-D.

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
I get these emails at work all the time. Has anyone else written back? I now want to see what happens if I write back!

J D Sauser

Silver
Nov 20, 2004
www.hispanosuizainvest.com
I get these emails at work all the time. Has anyone else written back? I now want to see what happens if I write back!

They send those spam mails out by buying lists of life addresses. There are programs which can generate these lists rather quickly.
They send out millions of these spams out every day. IF you answer in any way (even just teasing the guys), your address will automatically be upgraded and cost more and you will get more junk mail.
So, be aware what you wish for.

A couple of years back, when I lived in the States, I was trading musical equipment online... some on ebay and some on the buy/sell section of the steel guitar forum. Now, as you may guess, steel guitars are really a niche instrument and thus the steel guitar forum is not a site commonly visited by "normal" people. But believe it or not. I would get offers for my pedal steels, 1940's tube amps and even teaching material relative to that instrument from these scamers. What really blew my mind was, that they actually started to study the relative market and asked questions that related to the instrument. So, they do their homework!

... J-D

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006

I have written back a big F**K YOU...only had to do that twice and I guess they moved on to their next victim.:mad:

Feb 7, 2007
Remember this?

Fun with Scammers

I have this link bookmarked and I think someone posted it on DR1 a few years ago.

I lost the link, but there was this South African guy who had a website with about 50 of the scamms throughout several years. He played the scammers, he posted follow-ups, photocopies of documents, passports, and other stuff that was "exchanged". Some of this stuff went into 20-30 mails. It was so funny to read those mails AND see the pictures.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
The best bit is that after stringing the scammers along, they start dropping unsubtle hints like "I am arriving at Lagos on flight 419...." :D

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I love it. I'll be hours on those sites.

See what you started, Rocky? :laugh:
No kidding.
It was long, but I was hooked.
I only read the first one, "Book Worm" and it was outstanding.
If we don't see you for a few days, we'll know where you are.;)

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Found some links...
If you have nothing better to do, have some fun

Welcome to the 419 Eater
I know I already thanked you for the links, but I'm having so much fun reading these stories, I had to thank you again.
You could make movies out of these stories, maybe even have a weekly 60 minute TV show.
Not only do they get revenge for the perp trying to scam them, but they must ruin them financially and leave them in debt, and thus reduce their capacity to continue scamming.
When it gets to the point that the perp owes so many people so much money that he can't show his face anywhere in town, then the job is done.
I luv it.:pirate:

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
For those who have not read any of the reverse scams run on the scammers by the baiters.
These baiters manage to actually extract money from the scammers (not large amounts, but money, nevertheless), get them to make carvings, paintings, banners, billboards, video clips, etc.
On top of that, they get them to perform "religious" rituals, absurd as they may be, demanding photographic proof.
Rubbing honey on their bare chests, pouring milk over their heads, standing on a loaf of bread, etc, are some of the ridiculous things they get the scammers to do, under the pretense of later sending the scammers large amounts of money.
One baiter actually managed to get a scammer to tattoo himself.

Shiver is the fake name the baiter uses.
This is the supposed church logo that he is demanding that the scammer tattoo himself with, in order to get a bunch of money.

church_logo.gif

And here are the pics, proving that the scammer actually did it.

ahmed_sadiq1.jpg

ahmed_sadiq2.jpg

ahmed_sadiq3.jpg

ahmed_sadiq4.jpg

They always say that the easiest person to sell to is another salesman, and I guess that the easiest guy to scam, is another scammer.
I luv this stuff.
Payback's a biiicth.
May the fleas of a thousand camels, infest their crotches.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Wow! It's my lucky day.

A new one just arrived.
I wonder if I've learned enough from the baiter stories I've read, to get some money out of this scammer, lol.

<TABLE class=messageheader cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=label noWrap>Date:</TD><TD>Fri, 24 Aug 2007 04:58:05 -0700 (PDT)</TD></TR><TR><TD class=label noWrap>From:</TD><TD> "rose kono" <ROSEKONO13@YAHOO.COM> Add to Address Book Add Mobile Alert
Yahoo! DomainKeys has confirmed that this message was sent by yahoo.com. Learn more
</TD></TR><TR><TD class=label noWrap>Subject:</TD><TD>Personal From Rose</TD></TR><TR><TD class=label noWrap>To:</TD><TD>rocky**************</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Dear friend,

How are you doing today? I hope fine. if so glory be to God. my name is Rose Kono, 20yrs and I am the daughter to the late former minister of agriculture in cote d ivoire.

my dad died since 1yrs ago in a ghastly plane crash on his way back from France, and since then life has not been easy for me and my family anyway i thank God that i am alive today.

Since the death of my dad things have not been easy with us. Though my dad died leaving a huge amount of funds and the government has refused to release this money because the money has been lodged in a foreign account. My problem is that The money he packed in a trunk box which he deposited with one of the security companies here as family valuables amounting to $10,500,000 (ten million Five hundred thousand dollars) is there and the only and normal option is for me and my mother is to claim this box out from the security company and to transfer it to a safe country , through a reliable friend/husband.

I and my sick mother have gone through hell even my dads brothers could not help us and the only given option now for us to have a reliable foreigner that can assist us to make claims of this box out from the custody of the security company and to use his/her foreign account so that the funds can be transferred into his or her Account. After this has been done my sick mother and I are willing to offer 15% of the funds to anyone that can assist us so that we can claim box out from the security company.

My mum has been so ill and things are not really going well with us here. I decided to contact you because i knew God is going to use you to assist me and my sick mother from our present predicament.As soon as we have been able to collect this box out from the security company, I and my sick mother will be coming overseas so we can start up a new life and invest in a profitable business venture i will be glad if you can assist. There is nothing to fear about as i will send send my pictures, International passport copy and the related documents for proper identification if you need it urgently,as i write this I write in tears and pains, I appeal to you to assist me so that the box can be retrieved and claim out from the security company .I will give you more details as soon as i hear from you.

I want you to know that i have been directed by the spirit to contact you, may the lord bless you richly as you assist me in regaining our lost life back as this is my mum's only wish right now? and do please reply me.

I await to hear from you.

Best regards,
Rose Kono

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
And now, for my initial response.

<TABLE cellSpacing=8 cellPadding=0 width="100%" align=center border=0 nowrap><TBODY><TR><TD>Dear Rose,
You offer sounds wonderful, almost too good to be true.
My wife says she thinks your going to scam me somehow and she doesn't want me to get involved, but I believe you and would love to help you and make some money for myself.
If you can send me a short video clip (1 minute would be enough) of you and your mother explaining what it is you want me to do, then I will believe you and be willing to help you.
You could send it as an attachment to this very same email account.
If you cannot do this, then I'm afraid I cannot help you, as my wife will cut my balls off and use them as hood ornaments on my new car.
All I need from you is that video clip, and I'm sure I can convince my wife to allow me to help you out.
Hoping to hear from you soon with that video clip, but if not, I wish you all the good luck in the future.
God be with you.
Sincerely, Mark Gochunowell.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
I wonder if there's any chance, if I play this game well and long enough, that I could convince her to have a small chicken bone inserted through her nose, with photos to prove it. :dead::dead::dead:

bellissima_81

Apr 19, 2006
OMG these website are addictive! I had seen this before on Oprah and heard about the websites there, one thing i dont get is why in the world would someone help out when beeing contacted by a random email? thats the only part i dont get, i understand they think they might get $ out of it but its a random email ure getting!

Feb 7, 2007
I wonder if there's any chance, if I play this game well and long enough, that I could convince her to have a small chicken bone inserted through her nose, with photos to prove it. :dead::dead::dead:

You might, ... had you started your response like, Ohh sister, we can only do business with people of our own faith, if you wish to become one of ours we would gladly help you... sincerely, father Hawk, vicar of The Church of the Latter Day Holy Chicken Bone

Then she would reply like she wants to join, you would give her some church history lesson, put on the pic of Columbus, say he started the faith when he discovered america, blah, blah... you would send her the pics of other "faithful" with the chicken bone stuck through her nose (some Photoshop work might be necessary)... and most likely she/he would abide. (Tale of the red breast is the inspiration :))

I don't know if your mentioning the scam (though in reference to your wife) might not scare them off....

P.M. me the sender's email address, I'll start my scambait story of my own... something is already coming up in my mind ... :)

Last edited:

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
You might, ... had you started your response like, Ohh sister, we can only do business with people of our own faith, if you wish to become one of ours we would gladly help you... sincerely, father Hawk, vicar of The Church of the Latter Day Holy Chicken Bone

Then she would reply like she wants to join, you would give her some church history lesson, put on the pic of Columbus, say he started the faith when he discovered america, blah, blah... you would send her the pics of other "faithful" with the chicken bone stuck through her nose (some Photoshop work might be necessary)... and most likely she/he would abide. (Tale of the red breast is the inspiration :))

I don't know if your mentioning the scam (though in reference to your wife) might not scare them off....

P.M. me the sender's email address, I'll start my scambait story of my own... something is already coming up in my mind ... :)
I thought the part about cutting my balls off and using them as hood ornaments might scare her off, lol.

ElvisNYC

Jan 27, 2006
Hey Rocky I just got this, which I replied please give me more info, I'm all excited. Let's see where it gets me.. Let's have fun with scammers..

MTV Networks/ MTV Studios
Hawley Crescent
London, NW1 8TT
United KingdomWebsite: MTV Base | MTV UK

Ref: EAASL/941OYI/04
Batch: 074/05/ZY369

We are happy to announce to you the draw (#1012) of The MTV Networks,
online Sweepstakes International program held on Saturday, August 11,
2007. Your e-mail address was attached to our website with Serial
#5368/02.

Which subsequently won you the MTV Networks in the 2nd category , i.e
match 5 plus bonus. You have therefore been approved to claim a total
sum of $550,774.89 in cash credited to file KTU/9023118308/03.

This is from a total cash prize of $2,203,096.73 shared amongst the (4)
lucky winners in this category i.e Match 5 plus bonus.

All participants for the online version were selected randomly from
World Wide Web sites through computer draw system and extracted from over
100,000 unions, associations, and corporate bodies that are listed
online.

Please note that your winnings falls within our European booklet
representative office in Europe as indicated in your play coupon. In view of
this, your $550,774.89 would be released to you by any of our payment
offices in Europe.

Our European agent will immediately commence the process to facilitate
the release of your funds as soon as you contact him. For security
reasons, you are advised to keep your winning information confidential (
i.e Ref: #/Batch: #) until your claims is processed and your money
remitted to you in whatever manner you deem fit to claim your prize. This is
part of our precautionary measure to avoid double claiming and
unwarranted abuse of this program. Please be warned.

To file for your claim, please contact our fiduciary agent below:

Mr. Rooster Piston
180 Oxford Street
London, United Kindgdom W1N 0DS
Phone: +(44) 7045717129
Email: roostpiston@yahoo.co.uk

Provide him with the information below:

1. Name:
2. Address:
3. Age:
4. Country: (Present Location)
5. Nationality:
6. Telephone:
7. Fax number: (if any)
8. Ref #:
9. Batch #:
10. Winning Numbers:

Please be informed that to avoid unnecessary delays and complications,
please quote your reference/batch numbers in any correspondences with
our designated agents or us.

Congratulations once more from all members and staffs of this programme
that has successfully won this competition.

Thank you for being part of our promotional lottery program.

Yours faithfully,

Beth Ritter.
Awards Coordinator-MTV Networks
Sweepstakes International On-line Program.
All rights reserved. Terms of Service - Guidelines
Copyright ? 2007 The MTV Networks Inc.
Sponsors

Status
Not open for further replies.