New Yankee Manager?

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
Boggsed down.

In reality, his bust should be wearing Boston garb, but only he knows why he chose Tampa. Maybe he wanted to be the first Devil Ray in the HOF?
I believe that was part of it, also being a Tampa native/resident. I guess that makes some sense, but agreed - he made his mark on baseball in Boston, so that would be the most logical.

I could be wrong, but since Boggs pulled that nutty about the cap to wear, I think MLB has changed the rules and they decide what cap is worn.

Sure does sound dramatic and like it was sooooo long ago, but for all the success that Boston has enjoyed lately, the Yankees have won 4 times as many world championships as Boston has in the last 12 years. So maybe it wasn't that long ago after all! :p
I think you mean "MFYs have BOUGHT 4x as many championships...."

There's always next year, so we'll see how much Boston and the rest of baseball enjoys the shambles that will be the Yankees starting rotation next season. You have 3 rookies to look forward to; each one better than the next! ;)
It should be interesting, they still need a #1 starter, and if they don't get Johann, they're not likely to get any further than they did this year.

If they lose Posada, I think the best they can hope for is 3rd place in the East. If he goes, they're dead in the water IMO.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
If anything, I'd be jealous of having players that I'd like on my team; Paul O'neil, Thurman Munson, Tino Martinez, Posada, and today perhaps Joba Chamberlain.

Man, now that is a name I have not heard in a long time. Absolutely one of the best, in my opinion.

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
Meow

Man, now that is a name I have not heard in a long time. Absolutely one of the best, in my opinion.

When I was a little kid I named all my animals (30+ chickens - all named after MFYs) after ball players. The rooster was "BBB" (Bad Boy Billy - after Billy Martin).

I had a cat named Munson and my horse was named "Russell Stover", but I called him Jim Ed (Jim Rice).

The chickens were Dominican, the horse was Hatian (just to keep it on topic :bunny:)

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Babosilandia......

Have you seen the papers lately. The Sox are pretty good.

As did Han Solo when he joined Darth Vader.

100 years seems like an exaggeration, but as it is, your MFY's are getting closer and closer to the historic Red Sox futility of the 1900's, so I can sympathize and understand your attitude problem.

There aren't many players that stay with the same team anymore, so it's difficult to answer your convoluted run-on sentence/question.

I'd say Jim Rice and Carl Yastremski off the top of my head. They didn't win anything other than gold gloves, triple crowns, MVPs and batting titles. Yaz was the last one to win a triple crown and Rice came thisclose on many occasions.
Twist my words all you want, but the fact ot the matter is that YOU said Boggs didn't win anything and I said he didn't because he played 12 years for the SUCKS!. Then he won when he came to the Yankees.

You are not the only SUCKS's fan who wants to erase the past, who wants to make others believe that because they won in 2004, that the 86 losing years never happened.

I have news for you, it happened and EVERY single baseball fan WILL remember the SUCKS NOT because they won in 2004, but because they STANK/SUCKED for close to 90 years!!.

SOME of you guys are just "NOW" baseball fans.

All you know is what happens NOW.

Let me give you an example:

One of the most beloved baseball player of all times was a Red Sucks player.

I know it NOT because I saw him play since he played BEFORE I was born!.

I know it because I am NOT a "NOW" fan.

His name is none other than Ted Williams.

Yes, the same Ted Williams who played 19 years with Boston and never won a ring.

Yes, the same Ted Williams who is loved, STILL, by just about ALLL ball players, young and old, because the man, even if playing for a team that SUCKED, was a GREEEEAT ball player and an inspiration to many, still to this day (don't believe me, ask Nomar Garciaparra).

Yes, the same Ted Williams who is in the Hall of Fame and is loved my MOST SUCKS fans.

Btw: in case all you "NOW" fans want to take notes: Ted's lifetime batting average, in 19 seasons, was over .340.

Not bad for someone who played 19 years for a losing team, huh?.

SOME of you guys call yourselves fans, yeah right...."SUCKSNOW" fans is more likely....SOME of you should be ashamed you don't even know your own team's history!.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
When I was a little kid I named all my animals (30+ chickens - all named after MFYs) after ball players. The rooster was "BBB" (Bad Boy Billy - after Billy Martin).

I had a cat named Munson and my horse was named "Russell Stover", but I called him Jim Ed (Jim Rice).

The chickens were Dominican, the horse was Hatian (just to keep it on topic :bunny:)

Devotion all the way!!!

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
Keep telling me how bad my team is.

Twist my words all you want...
I couldn't twist your words any more than you already have. It's as readable as a bank statement.

SOME of you guys call yourselves fans, yeah right...."SUCKSNOW" fans is more likely....SOME of you should be ashamed you don't even know your own team's history!.
What's there to be ashamed of? Is there a quiz at the end of the World Series?

I know history. Since the turn of the century, your team and it's 26 championships is history. It also made history by blowing a 3-0 lead. Now that is something people will NEVER forget.

I don't know much about Greek history, but I like their salads, should I be ashamed with every mouthful of feta?

Your points aren't well taken, you're beating an old drum - one the skin has come off from. You continue to beat down this "SUCKS" moniker. Point being, your team is playing golf in October, same as last year, the year before and so on. Who sucks?

Take the rest of the winter off.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Que espuma.....

I couldn't twist your words any more than you already have. It's as readable as a bank statement.

What's there to be ashamed of? Is there a quiz at the end of the World Series?

I know history. Since the turn of the century, your team and it's 26 championships is history. It also made history by blowing a 3-0 lead. Now that is something people will NEVER forget.

I don't know much about Greek history, but I like their salads, should I be ashamed with every mouthful of feta?

Your points aren't well taken, you're beating an old drum - one the skin has come off from. You continue to beat down this "SUCKS" moniker. Point being, your team is playing golf in October, same as last year, the year before and so on. Who sucks?

Take the rest of the winter off.
How old is this century, again?.

Of course my points are not well taken. How can they be when they show you know NOTHING other than "SUCKSNOW" baseball.

You are nothing more than a predictable SUCKS fan.

Not trying "to beat down this 'SUCKS' moniker" at all( I don't want such character to go running to daddy), all I am saying is that MOST of you SUCKS fans want to make others believe 86 years of failure never happened because they won in 2004.

Wouldn't it better if SOME of you SUCKS fans start comparing the SUCKS with the Yankees when the SUCKS win the World Series for the 26th time?.

Unless you guys have a crystal ball showing that the Yankees will be a failure, like the SUCKS were, the next 80 years.

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
y entonces?

Not trying "to beat down this 'SUCKS' moniker" at all( I don't want such character to go running to daddy), all I am saying is that MOST of you SUCKS fans want to make others believe 86 years of failure never happened because they won in 2004.
You're not? Want me to go through your diatribes and count the times you've used it? You use it twice in most sentences. Point being, no one is comparing franchise histories but you. You have to, you haven't another leg to stand on.

Wouldn't it better if SOME of you SUCKS fans start comparing the SUCKS with the Yankees when the SUCKS win the World Series for the 26th time?.
I think the rest would consider the here-and-now as more important, at least more relevant. This isn't a historical baseball perspective, it's this season, this series.

So you've got your 26, and the Sox have whatever. I don't even know and I really don't care. I'm not comparing history, it's a fool's errand. You're the man for the job, but bring it somewhere more relevant.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Toma una peseta para babini......

You're not? Want me to go through your diatribes and count the times you've used it? You use it twice in most sentences. Point being, no one is comparing franchise histories but you. You have to, you haven't another leg to stand on.

I think the rest would consider the here-and-now as more important, at least more relevant. This isn't a historical baseball perspective, it's this season, this series.

So you've got your 26, and the Sox have whatever. I don't even know and I really don't care. I'm not comparing history, it's a fool's errand. You're the man for the job, but bring it somewhere more relevant.
Wahahahahaha!.

I only have 26 legs to stand on....

You are a funny man, Cleefy... Proving my point in all your posts.

"Nice" talking to you, you funny man!.

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
History.

Are you now claiming poverty for Boston? Isn't that the pot calling the kettle black? :confused:
Now? Yeah, kind of. The Sawx don't spend nearly as much, so it's still a bit tilted.

But back in the day, the MFYs set the bar for spending - and they have had it to spend.

The Sawx, by way of new ownership have increased revenues to compete with the MFYs. Like what Steinbrenner did with the MFYs, the Sawx are doing now - they want to win every year.

We're all fortunate to have a team to follow that competes. Imagine being a KC/Tampa fan, that's purgatory.

Jan 5, 2006
But back in the day, the MFYs set the bar for spending...
How nice, it's ok for you Redsucks fans to bring up the past when it comes to the Yankees spending money, but it's not ok for NY fans to bring up the 26 world series championships.

So which one is it? The past, the present, or whichever one is more convenient for the Redsucks?

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
Well...you can't live in the past...that's for sure...you have to live in the PRESENT...the HERE AND NOW...and...

HERE AND NOW...TODAY...THE BOSTON RED SOX...NOT THAT OTHER TEAM is playing in the WORLD SERIES....and they might just have their next WS RING in their hands already!!!!!;)

In the meantime, THAT OTHER TEAM (from now on TOT) is playing golf somewhere, or negotiating a contract with somebody else...or whatever it is that losing teams do in the offseason...:cheeky:

Oh, yeah...since some of their fans like living in the past...how about remembering how a lowly, poor, wild card team beat them out of a WS back in '03 4 games to 2!!!! Ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha!!!!:classic::classic:

How's THAT for a piece of HISTORY??? ;)

Jan 5, 2006
How's THAT for a piece of HISTORY??? ;)
Unlike you Redsucks fans, I don't suffer from selective memory loss, so I remember that quite well. It is funny however, how you guys only remember the parts of history that are convenient for you. I guess that ignoring the other parts, which are quite numerous by the way, dulls the pain somehow. :dead:

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
Well, let me tell you that I'm not a die-hard Red Sox fan...I've only come to know them a few years ago...when I started getting into baseball full time...

Right around the time the Florida Marlins became the new franchise here, and I started doing my homework.

I can say that I was a Mets fan waaaay before I became a fan of the Marlins, due to the fact that it was the first team I ever saw win a WS...back in '69 when we came to reside in the US...

Now, I root for both teams...and when neither one of them are in the running, I root for the Red Sox...but I enjoy baseball...not matter who's playing...Hey, I'm even an 'Aguilucha' part time!!!! :)

So, I don't have 'selective memory'...I don't know much...I just know who I like and who I DON'T ...and I DON'T like TOT!!!! ;)

But seriously, the fact that most fans of TOT are always coming up with the old '26 championships' is getting boring...the world is changing by the minute, guys...get with the times... :(

Sheesh!

I haven't been here in a few days. Just caught up on some of the recent posts. More and more of the same - why should I be surprised - the Yankee fans going after the Red Sox and the Red Sox fans going after the Yankees. Get over it. Ayy mi madre!

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Talvez....

I haven't been here in a few days. Just caught up on some of the recent posts. More and more of the same - why should I be surprised - the Yankee fans going after the Red Sox and the Red Sox fans going after the Yankees. Get over it. Ayy mi madre!
Correction: I am not only a Yankees' fan. (I am picking the SUCKS to win, you know, lol).

But I since I stayed at a Holiday Inn, I know what you are trying to say. LOL.

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
Welcome Back Steve!

Did you miss us?

I'm surprised the MFY fans aren't more interested in a New York Giants or Jets - or even a Buffalo Bills forum. It's football season in NY anyway, you've got three teams.

Hut - Hut - Hike!

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
normally. ny yankee fans are watching baseball and tivo'g football..

SIKE !!!!

i hear Tony Penas is interviewing...note the spelling...:laugh: