charter question to canada from DR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
Thanks for educating me, but I thought informed people knew I was talking about Montreal city and Quebec city. But I appreciate your concern. Thanks.
AZB

No problem..anytime....I'm happy to help

To be informed is to know that the place you are referring to is called Quebec City and not Quebec...that is a province.

It is the same as referring to the Dominican Republic as "the Dominican".

the only difference is that the general public doesn't refer to Quebec City as Quebec.

margaret

Bronze
Aug 9, 2006
The taxes alone have been running around 300 +.

Westjet Return Airfare with all the taxes included.

Puerto Plata (POP) to Toronto(YYZ)
Return -- $1,083.28 USD

Toronto to Quebec City Return -- $524.83 CAD

For Toronto to POP it's cheaper - Total Cost of Flight $898.60 CAD

margaret

Bronze
Aug 9, 2006

Return -- $1,083.28 USD

Maybe it's cheaper to fly to New York and then on to Montreal or Quebec.

isabelle13

Mar 8, 2006

To be informed is to know that the place you are referring to is called Quebec City and not Quebec...that is a province.

the only difference is that the general public doesn't refer to Quebec City as Quebec.

We do refer to it as Quebec in French so I am assuming since AZB's friend is French Canadian that she would just say Quebec since this is what we do.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002

Return -- $1,083.28 USD

Yeah he's looking for a cheap $400 flight to Montreal or Quebec city. Last time I came home on a flight only, one way for $400 was 1999 and that was to Toronto.;)

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002

You must be really bored. Don't worry, I am in the same boat.
have a good day.
AZB

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Thanks for the help, now I see how expensive it is to go to canada from DR. maybe some canadian expats will never see canada again. sad :(
AZB

margaret

Bronze
Aug 9, 2006
Yeah he's looking for a cheap $400 flight to Montreal or Quebec city. Last time I came home on a flight only, one way for $400 was 1999 and that was to Toronto.;)

In June my return airfare was $438.60 CA with all the taxes (a 50% one day only sale). You have to subscribe to their email notifications to get the deals.

Maybe it's possible to find a super cheap AI deal from Quebec to POP and check in for a week at the Fun Royale and fly home to Quebec on the return portion for the same price as the airfare only... just wondering.... and bored out of my mind.

sangria

Bronze
May 16, 2006
You must be really bored. Don't worry, I am in the same boat.
have a good day.
AZB

maybe you are right...its really hot & muggy in Canada today.

please accept my apologies...Ive never heard it referred to that way before but i guess everyone shortens everything these days!

soon it will be just initials for everything just like the kids use in their txt msg's...i mean text messages

good luck finding a good deal on a ticket for your friend

sangria

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
In June my return airfare was $438.60 CA with all the taxes (a 50% one day only sale). You have to subscribe to their email notifications to get the deals.

Maybe it's possible to find a super cheap AI deal from Quebec to POP and check in for a week at the Fun Royale and fly home to Quebec on the return portion for the same price as the airfare only... just wondering.... and bored out of my mind.

Wow that was a good deal Margaret even for a one way. I wonder if they cut down on the number of flights once we get into summer though. I was looking but don't see anything that cheap to Canada right now.

donnaparadise

Sep 1, 2003
paralaestrella.com
If I understand correctly and you are trying to get to either Montreal or Quebec City from the DR, then go to one of the charter companies that have already been listed. They will sell you a one-way ticket back, if there are any seats available and there usually are in the summertime.

The last time I did this (3 months ago) it cost me $500 from PoP to Toronto and I believe it is the same fare for Air Transat to Montreal. Don't know about Quebec City.

I have always checked out all flights whenever I try to go back as I used to buy Air Only from Canada to the DR and then just not go back, therefore forfeiting my return ticket. Many of us do this and there are always seats available. The worse that has happened to me was once I had to wait one more week.

The only problem with this method is that you will not know for sure until the week you want to go. However, you can check all charter airlines and see which one comes up with a seat. So far, (last time I went) they all charge the same. It was $400 last year, but they raised it.

I have never ever known Air Canada to have reasonable fares either way and unless I can use my points, don't even bother.

margaret

Bronze
Aug 9, 2006
AnnaC: That was for a return ticket not one way, with fuel tax, departure taxes, DR tourist card etc. Westjet has more leg room, more baggage allowance, and happy staff (shareholders). They just had some domestic sales, they should be offering something soon on international flights. But I noticed some of the flights in October are sold out already.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
But but, the problem is, its too damn expensive. whatever happened to 400 dollars RT in charter planes?
AZB
Actually cheaper, I just bought 2 tickets for Montreal. Leaving Sunday 12:00 arriving at 16:00 hrs. Price US$370.00 p/p all taxes included. I don't know where these people get those 1,000.00 + tickets. But I sure as heck never paid anywhere near that.

Kaki

Sep 18, 2005
Can anybody find me better options to get from Saskatoon, Canada to the south or east coast of the DR for less than $1,000 return? My dates usually aren't flexible and right now I'm looking at the week of October 10/11 - 18th. I'll take helpful info too!! I know DR1 isn't a travel agency, but I'll take what I can get please.

Kaki

margaret

Bronze
Aug 9, 2006
Can anybody find me better options to get from Saskatoon, Canada to the south or east coast of the DR for less than $1,000 return? My dates usually aren't flexible and right now I'm looking at the week of October 10/11 - 18th. I'll take helpful info too!! I know DR1 isn't a travel agency, but I'll take what I can get please.

Kaki
Not for less than $1,000.... but close. Flightcentre.ca
Discount Travel | Air Travel | Travel Agency

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Actually cheaper, I just bought 2 tickets for Montreal. Leaving Sunday 12:00 arriving at 16:00 hrs. Price US$370.00 p/p all taxes included. I don't know where these people get those 1,000.00 + tickets. But I sure as heck never paid anywhere near that.

this is what I was looking for. This is what I call, real info. Anyone can do google and find a webpage and pull out a 1200 dollars RT ticket.
But thanks for the help anyway.
eddy, my friend will be in touch with you via PM.
AZB

Malibook

Bronze
Jan 23, 2002
www.yourtraveltickets.com
I posted a link to the source for the quotes that I posted so I can't imagine why you wouldn't know where they came from.:tired:

Is that price one-way?
If so, AZB is looking for return so how much would the return one-way ticket be?

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002

Eddy please post the link or where you get these cheap tickets from.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.