Looking For Bedside/Table Lamps Sosua/Cabarete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reidy620

Bronze
Mar 30, 2008
www.casaellie.com
Hi All,
When we were in Sos?a in March we spent quite a lot of time trying to find anywhere that sold bedside/table lights; (something like the ones below but to be honest we just want plain ones that are not too light as we have had two that the shades were heavier than the bases.)

We will be back at our apartment in Sos?a in June and will once again be looking. We want four lights and wonder if anybody can suggest anywhere we will be able to get them.

TableLamps.jpg

Thanks in advance
Tropical Regards
Reidy
anpalmisl.gif

Last edited:

whizzymaz

Jan 14, 2007
Have you Tried

Hi

We had the same problem - have you tried La Sirena in Pop. There is also a very nice lighting shop in the Ocean Dream Plaza but they may be a bit too fancy for what you are looking for. Our neighbour had some very nice ceramic ones made at the pottery place just on the way out of Sosua, they will apparantly make you pretty much any shape and size you want. On our last visit in April we discovered an Italian lighting shop in Los Charimicos where we discovered an Aladin's cave of lighting after trecking around Santiago, Santo Domingo and everywhere in between and were spoiled for choice for bathroom lights but I can't remember what they had in for bedside lights. If you want to try them they are just next to Caribe Tours but sorry can't remember the name.

Whizzymaz

Reidy620

Bronze
Mar 30, 2008
www.casaellie.com
Hi

We had the same problem - have you tried La Sirena in Pop. There is also a very nice lighting shop in the Ocean Dream Plaza but they may be a bit too fancy for what you are looking for. Our neighbour had some very nice ceramic ones made at the pottery place just on the way out of Sosua, they will apparantly make you pretty much any shape and size you want. On our last visit in April we discovered an Italian lighting shop in Los Charimicos where we discovered an Aladin's cave of lighting after trecking around Santiago, Santo Domingo and everywhere in between and were spoiled for choice for bathroom lights but I can't remember what they had in for bedside lights. If you want to try them they are just next to Caribe Tours but sorry can't remember the name.

Whizzymaz

Thanks,

We are trying to avoid going to Pto. Plata if we can help it but we will definitely check out the one by Caribe Tours. We will also be looking for a 21" TV if you have any more ideas ;)

Tropical Regards
Reidy
anpalmisl.gif

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
i saw lamps in the plaza opposite la mulata road next to the fumigation place - the shop didnt appear to have a name yet

Reidy620

Bronze
Mar 30, 2008
www.casaellie.com
i saw lamps in the plaza opposite la mulata road next to the fumigation place - the shop didnt appear to have a name yet

Thanks JR, that's just up the road from us. By any chance do you know if La Sirena in Pto. Plata have a website, we might try shopping there if we can't get what we want anywhere else and it would be nice to have a virtual browse before we go...

Tropical Regards
Reidy
anpalmisl.gif

retiree

Bronze
Jan 18, 2008
There is a ceramic shop just as you head out of Sosua going to Cabarete on the left side. They have lots of lamp bases and shades and are very reasonable. The man who owns the shop has been there a long time. It is right beside a flower shop.

For more upscale lamps, I would go to the Furniture Design Center - on the right hand side further down the road. We bought all our lamps there and they are gorgeous.

Those 2 plus Casa de Lampara in Los Charimicos (all Italian lamps and chandeliers) which was already mentioned - would be your best bet in the Sosua area (I think a much better selection than anything in Puerto Plata)..

Reidy620

Bronze
Mar 30, 2008
www.casaellie.com
Thanks for all replies

There is a ceramic shop just as you head out of Sosua going to Cabarete on the left side. They have lots of lamp bases and shades and are very reasonable. The man who owns the shop has been there a long time. It is right beside a flower shop.

For more upscale lamps, I would go to the Furniture Design Center - on the right hand side further down the road. We bought all our lamps there and they are gorgeous.

Those 2 plus Casa de Lampara in Los Charimicos (all Italian lamps and chandeliers) which was already mentioned - would be your best bet in the Sosua area (I think a much better selection than anything in Puerto Plata)..

Many thanks to all, will give them a try in June.

Tropical Regards
Reidy
anpalmisl.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.