Confirmation of facts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 2, 2008
What a perversely petty little show; The obsequious and obligatory name-calling, and all the scurrying about choosing sides, when in fact there are no "sides" to choose.

We have seen the most honorable intentions of a cohesive community morph into a mad and desparate scramble to become part of a "Lord of the Flies" sequel. Surreal.

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
What a perversely petty little show; The obsequious and obligatory name-calling, and all the scurrying about choosing sides, when in fact there are no "sides" to choose.

We have seen the most honorable intentions of a cohesive community morph into a mad and desparate scramble to become part of a "Lord of the Flies" sequel. Surreal.

They made us read that book in middle school for a reason. Somebody figured out that situations would arise.

"Kill Piggy!!"

Big Dan

Feb 14, 2009
What business is this of anyone's really, and what right do any of you have to know any facts at all? The one-sidedness of postings during this entire ordeal boggle the mind. It's pathetic.

kcavanagh

May 13, 2004
Pure bunk!

The investigation is still open and active yet they let D'arcy return to Canada? Hmmmmm.... very interesting!!!

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
What business is this of anyone's really, and what right do any of you have to know any facts at all? The one-sidedness of postings during this entire ordeal boggle the mind. It's pathetic.

The posting have come from both sides of the argument with the majority in support of D'Arcy and finding him, until there appeared to be many inconsistencies in the Novela, so naturally people that put emotion, prayers, and effort in to helping wanted the truth. It's true that it's only the business of Mr Wright, his family, business associates, the police, those that donated money....etc. Not really anyone at all! If something simular happens in the future perhaps people will be slow to respond, feeling that they were duped. I really not know what to think as I have none of the facts and it seems that those that do are reluctant to put forth all of them. It may be as D'Arcy says and further police investigation will reveal the truth.

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
Why not??

The investigation is still open and active yet they let D'arcy return to Canada? Hmmmmm.... very interesting!!!

He should be free to come and go as he pleases. He apparently has not been charged with any crime. An investigation of assault or kidnapping wouldn't restrict the mobility of the victim under any imaginable circumstance, except to appear in court.

el forastero

Bronze
Oct 25, 2009
This whole vulture mentality sucks! Get a life! Go smell your own mierda before you want to start sniffing around someone else's business.

"Show us your bank statements to prove it", "show us the phone statements", "what about Curt and Sandy's investment?", bla bla bla-
It's none of your BUSINESS!

If you really feel that outraged, then why don't all of you who GAVE MONEY for the search and efforts post here how much you GAVE! If the truth ends up that this was a walkabout and not a kidnapping, then you might deserve to get your money back. (and for the record, I gave no money, just sent two e-mails to DominicanToday asking them to get a story up about his disappearance, one or two messages to Rocky and catcherintherye, one phone call to catcherintherye, and whatever messages I posted here on DR1, nothing else-)

Curt / Sandy's and D'Arcy's business is THEIR business, none of ours and certainly not in a public forum.

And the idea that "I talked to the cop in charge in the street and got the real story" ,AZB? What bull****! You got the cop's version of the blather from a bunch of uneducated Sosua cops lounging around a rundown police station, nothing else. Tell me - "your guy" is in charge out in the street because he has a gun and because he finished the 8th grade, instead of just the 3rd grade, right? And you got the REAL truth because you're such a savvy guy in the street? Your "guy" can probably barely find his own Axxhole and he knows EVERYTHING about the D'Arcy case????

And for anyone who thought they were falsely accused, etc - take it to court and prove it, and not in the DR1 kangaroo court.

I don't know D'Arcy, or most of the folks who post here on DR1. (and I immediately noticed most of all that the truly wise members, such as Hillbilly, have simply watched and kept their thoughts to themselves, instead of immediately posting here on DR1 whatever sick little thing that pops into their head, either before or after D'Arcy was found.)

All I care about is that D'Arcy is back among the living, and that's it.

Reactions: AlterEgo and trina

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Let me answer those questions which have been directed at me, which I can. These occur in a number of different threads but I am not going to go looking for every single one.

Yes I interviewed D'Arcy before he left, which forms the basis for the piece on my website. The convention is to write in the third person (he/she) not the first person (I) which is why it might not have been clear to those who are not aware of this convention that it was me asking the questions. D'Arcy told me he was taken at gunpoint & I believe him. I'm a fairly sceptical old bird and am not easily duped, but of course anything is possible. If I find I have been I would of course say so.

Did I write D'Arcy's statement on DR1? Absolutely not. First I saw was when it was posted here.

Do I believe there is more D'Arcy needs to say to fill in the gaps? Yes I do. He does know more about the time from when he was dumped somewhere outside Santiago and how & why he got to Boca Chica and why he hid out & I believe it should be shared. But it should be shared by D'Arcy, not me.

To the person who asked why I didn't 'grill' him for the piece on my website: it was an interview not an inquisition. I asked the questions I wanted answered. The 'whole story' would not have been appropriate for that piece. Particularly since I would imagine it still has a lot of gaps.

So as to whether I believe he was abducted at gunpoint, yes I do.

As to the police investigation, could I suggest people move away from linear, black and white thinking to something more appropriate for the DR? It is certainly possible that the Coronela's office is saying something different from the police on the ground, so it is possible that both of those versions are correct. We know the Coronela's office told D'Arcy (& I believe also Todd?) that the case was open. Whether this has been communicated lower down the ranks, I don't know. How much they have in the way of resources to put to it in practice, I don't know. Remember two expats have been murdered this past week, the Norwegian gentleman in Costambar and the French Canadian in La Maranatha, Sosua. The other possibility which always exists is that police can say different things to different people, depending on who is asking the question & how it is asked. Given all those variables, I would suggest that 'proving' things is really quite difficult. I would remind people that the murder of Lloyd Robbins back in October 2006 is still an open case as are at least 40 other cases over the last four years (not all involving expats). So 'open' and 'throwing lots of resources at it' could mean different things.

To the person who asked why I didn't ask D'Arcy which parts of the investigation he couldn't speak about...think about it a bit, I'm sure you'll work it out in the end.

I have not posted much on this subject on DR1 because I do not wish to inflame an already overheated situation. I have not said anything about Curt & Sandi other than to let everyone know that someone was hoaxing their email address and writing to me from what turned out to be a proxy server. I have said I don't believe DR1 should be used as a court of law, and I stand by that opinion although I know many disagree.

I am mildly bemused by the notion of 'entitlement' to proof as if we were all in the role of judge and jury. In my view, I have no right to judge and I would not be so rash as to do so, nor to share any judgements publicly. My private thoughts will remain private. It is exactly ONE week today since D'Arcy was found. In that time group opinion on this board has swung from relief and joy to roughly what catcher said above. It will probably do likewise in another direction in the coming week. Just as I don't judge others I would expect the same courtesy extended to me, but if people don't do so, it does not really matter. I therefore will not be responding to posts designed to 'wind me up' no matter how many times they are made. And I can tell the difference between genuine information seekers and barrack room lawyers ;).

Thank you Anna for your concern that some of us might get 'scarred'. I can see some could be, although I don't believe I personally am likely to suffer and yes if you were in a jam, Anna, I would help if I could.

And to the anonymous senders of hate mail coming into my website: thank you, makes a change from the male extension aids ads, far more amusing. :)

Reactions: AlterEgo

astroblaster

Dec 30, 2009
Did it ever occur to anyone that D?rcy was not percieved to be an "honest upstanding guy"to everyone? Maybe this is where some of the doubt comes from...on top of the outrageous story.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
This whole vulture mentality sucks! Get a life! Go smell your own mierda before you want to start sniffing around someone else's business.

"Show us your bank statements to prove it", "show us the phone statements", "what about Curt and Sandy's investment?", bla bla bla-
It's none of your BUSINESS!

If you really feel that outraged, then why don't all of you who GAVE MONEY for the search and efforts post here how much you GAVE! If the truth ends up that this was a walkabout and not a kidnapping, then you might deserve to get your money back. (and for the record, I gave no money, just sent two e-mails to DominicanToday asking them to get a story up about his disappearance, one or two messages to Rocky and catcherintherye, one phone call to catcherintherye, and whatever messages I posted here on DR1, nothing else-)

Curt / Sandy's and D'Arcy's business is THEIR business, none of ours and certainly not in a public forum.

And the idea that "I talked to the cop in charge in the street and got the real story" ,AZB? What bull****! You got the cop's version of the blather from a bunch of uneducated Sosua cops lounging around a rundown police station, nothing else. Tell me - "your guy" is in charge out in the street because he has a gun and because he finished the 8th grade, instead of just the 3rd grade, right? And you got the REAL truth because you're such a savvy guy in the street? Your "guy" can probably barely find his own Axxhole and he knows EVERYTHING about the D'Arcy case????

And for anyone who thought they were falsely accused, etc - take it to court and prove it, and not in the DR1 kangaroo court.

I don't know D'Arcy, or most of the folks who post here on DR1. (and I immediately noticed most of all that the truly wise members, such as Hillbilly, have simply watched and kept their thoughts to themselves, instead of immediately posting here on DR1 whatever sick little thing that pops into their head, either before or after D'Arcy was found.)

All I care about is that D'Arcy is back among the living, and that's it.

Just what kind of police you think is investigating Darcy's case? The FBI, CIA, TSA? No sir, the exact police I spoke to, they are the same guys who understand these cases well. This is not the first time they have seen a case like this, nor it would be the last. They know exactly who is who in sosua because all they do all day and night is, watch over people like darcy. You didn't expect me to to go over to santo domingo or canada to talk to police over this missing person's case which stems from sosua? Please!!!!!. The best place to ask questions is in sosua and with sosua police only. They are the only ones who really know best what goes on is sosua.
Now there is a long list of evidence which is not known to the other party yet. This trump card will come out in due time.
Now I am also glad darcy is not laying 6 feet under somewhere in some sugarcane field but if this kidnapping was, indeed, a hoax then it does produce some grave consequences for the future of sosua's economy. A town like sosua or puerto playa is already suffering from lack of tourism and to have a hoax kidnapping like this published all over Canadian news papers as real event doesn't really attract any new tourists to this island. I don't think people would be jumping on planes to come to sosua to buy properties after reading and believing this case.
Then you might have some cases with real emergencies so do you really think people in sosua would be so quick to respond?
yes, its everyone's business because everyone who was involved in search efforts were worried sick for many days. I was on my vacation and I spend a good chunk of my vacation praying for his safe return. I was worried sick too like many others. Now I see I may have been duped into this scam. I was sad and almost feeling gloomy while our man was dipping in some 500 pesos hooker in some brothel? Nice.
I am also glad he is back and in good health. I hope he gets his act straight.
AZB

sunny2

Apr 7, 2006
What is wrong with you people? A man was missing, for whatever reason, and his family was frantic with worry and fear. He has surfaced alive and well and all you can do is attack him and each other. It doesn't matter who you are or what you have done, when you are in need you reach out to your family and that is exactly what D'Arcy has done. Speaking as a mother, if he was my son there would be no peace for me until I laid eyes on him and hugged him. D'Arcy has gone home to see his mother because she needs to see him and he needs to see her, why can't you accept that? Do none of you have parents or children and that is why you cannot understand the basic human need to be together? Why do you have to present it as some lurid tale when you don't even know what has transpired? Be grateful the man was found alive and leave him alone.

Whatever has transpired between him and other people is between them not us. If he did in fact dupe his family and friends then that is something he will have to live with.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
What is wrong with you people? A man was missing, for whatever reason, and his family was frantic with worry and fear. He has surfaced alive and well and all you can do is attack him and each other. It doesn't matter who you are or what you have done, when you are in need you reach out to your family and that is exactly what D'Arcy has done. Speaking as a mother, if he was my son there would be no peace for me until I laid eyes on him and hugged him. D'Arcy has gone home to see his mother because she needs to see him and he needs to see her, why can't you accept that? Do none of you have parents or children and that is why you cannot understand the basic human need to be together? Why do you have to present it as some lurid tale when you don't even know what has transpired? Be grateful the man was found alive and leave him alone.

Whatever has transpired between him and other people is between them not us. If he did in fact dupe his family and friends then that is something he will have to live with.

Did it ever occur to you that just maybe his family and possibly some of these friends knew it was bogus from the get go?

Mar 2, 2008
"Did it ever occur to you that just maybe his family and possibly some of these friends knew it was bogus from the get go?"
SKY

Is that an accusation? Or is it just more silly rhetoric thrown in to keep the pot boiling?

If you have a serious accusation to make, based on some real evidence, then make it. Otherwise keep your ridiculous speculations to yourself. You have been consistently one of the worst offenders in this manufactured "tong war".

Did it ever occur to you to get a life?

sunny2

Apr 7, 2006
Did it ever occur to you that just maybe his family and possibly some of these friends knew it was bogus from the get go?

If you read the last part of my post I stated that if it was a set-up then that is something he will have to live with. Why is that you grasp onto whatever crumb you can find in a post and then attack the poster in order to bring it to your level of negativity?

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007

This should be a reality TV show entitled "Jury Duty".

Now the guys Mom and siblings are in on the heist? People who cared about him were up all night beating the bushes to look concerned, knowing that their friend was in the honeymoon suite at the House of the Rising Sun?

That's one very active imagination you've got there. Why do you hate this guy so much?

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Posters are welcome to make statements and post opinions, but enough with the sniping at each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.