Marbete time!

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
The person doing the renewal can be anyone, they don´t look at the picture.
I do the one for my wife and we don´t look at all alike. :cool:
My point is they already had both you and your wife's cedulas in their databases.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Where ever I have ever purchased the marbete, it has been them always writing the place on the marbete, as in my opinion it would indeed make no sense otherwise. Marbete should be connected to your vehicle, and without the place number there, I don't see where the connection would be, but that's just me...
Same with me, the bank teller alway writes down the placa number. Perhaps when you order them online this does not happen and you have to do it?

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Same with me, the bank teller alway writes down the placa number. Perhaps when you order them online this does not happen and you have to do it?
Just be thankful the plate numbers aren't preprinted when the produce the marbete.

Northern Coast Diver

Private Scuba Guide
Feb 23, 2020
Sosua
Just be thankful the plate numbers aren't preprinted when the produce the marbete.
It might be better if the plate # was printed instead of hand written. Every year, the hand written plate number has faded to invisible by summer. That's why I just stuck it on this morning, even though I bought it in November.

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
It might be better if the plate # was printed instead of hand written. Every year, the hand written plate number has faded to invisible by summer. That's why I just stuck it on this morning, even though I bought it in November.
By summer, no law enforcement officer will bother to look at it.

josh2203

Bronze
Dec 5, 2013
Good point, I don't know as I've never done that. You would think that it comes from the system though in that case? I personally find it hard to believe (yes DR but still) that you would need to actually write your reg number yourself to an official govt doc... If it's so, then it's so but sounds strange...

• Wow
Reactions: windeguy

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
Marbetes come on a continuous feed paper backing. I would think it would be fairly simple to set up to print plate numbers on a marbete.

I've got an old dot matrix printer and a few marbete backing forms. I'm half tempted to see how hard it would be.

Kricke87

Feb 16, 2021
Sosúa
Well, there's always the QR code... But then the officer checking the tag would have to actually scan the code, and obvious who would like to do that?🙄

JD Jones

Jan 7, 2016
Marbetes come on a continuous feed paper backing. I would think it would be fairly simple to set up to print plate numbers on a marbete.

I've got an old dot matrix printer and a few marbete backing forms. I'm half tempted to see how hard it would be.
I actually got the old printer out to give it a shot, but I couldn't find the cable to connect it.

I can't believe I was actually going to give it a shot. LOL

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
AMET was out is full force today in punta cana area looking for grease
In Sosua too. It doesn't bother me to see perpetual idiots who missed the deadline pulled over and being given costly infractions.
I bet Digisett hears every excuse in the book:

"It's my wife's car..., she must have forgot to put in on, maybe it's in the glovebox. "

"I am going the hospital to see my sick grandmother, I have her medicine and need to pay for her surgery"

"You know who I am ?" says the owner of a 1999 Toyota Corolla with more dents than a Sosua hooker's diaphragm.

"Hey you'll regret giving me a ticket, I know a General !", says Rey

• Haha
Reactions: Peterj and windeguy

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I never showed any ID, give my name, my cedula, etc., the car is not in my name.
They go strictly by the cedula printed on the registration copy.
Then you are going somewhere where you can get away with that.
This is the DR and we all know how common getting away with something can be.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Then you are going somewhere where you can get away with that.
This is the DR and we all know how common getting away with something can be.
You are DEAD WRONG here. Runners come in these places to get DOZENS of Marbetes at a time for DIFFERENT people with no ID for EACH one. That is a FACT..............

Reactions: Kricke87

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
You are DEAD WRONG here. Runners come in these places to get DOZENS of Marbetes at a time for DIFFERENT people with no ID for EACH one. That is a FACT..............
I have seen them in front of me when I have gotten mine. So annoying.

The point is that a cedula is already linked in the data bases.

And many places don't care about enforcing the laws. This is the DR after all.
It is the law that Cedulas should be presented as ID for financial transactions.
Yeah, I know, passports are also used.

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
In Sosua too. It doesn't bother me to see perpetual idiots who missed the deadline pulled over and being given costly infractions.

"It's my wife's car..., she must have forgot to put in on, maybe it's in the glovebox. "

"I am going the hospital to see my sick grandmother, I have her medicine and need to pay for her surgery"

"You know who I am ?" says the owner of a 1999 Toyota Corolla with more dents than a Sosua hooker's diaphragm.

You know who I am ?" says the owner of a 1999 Toyota Corolla with more dents than a Sosua hooker's diaphragm. . you forgot to add with 3 teeth in his mouth

Reactions: chico bill

Peterj

Bronze
Oct 7, 2002
Dominican Republic

:ROFLMAO: Secretly we miss him..... :ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

arete92

Jul 5, 2018
Where ever I have ever purchased the marbete, it has been them always writing the place on the marbete, as in my opinion it would indeed make no sense otherwise. Marbete should be connected to your vehicle, and without the place number there, I don't see where the connection would be, but that's just me...
I am from Canada (pretty sure some states do it too ? ) and the system that we use to employ was a license plate sticker due at the end of the month ( your birthday month ) so it cuts down the traffic instead of Dec-Feb madness here. The sticker you receive is just a plane jane sticker with a color ( representing the year ) and the month: https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url...ved=0CBMQjRxqFwoTCNjJ_LbIrYQDFQAAAAAdAAAAABAE

but now if you see that article we just use an electronic registration because it just makes sense logically since it can be looked up in a database yay or nay.

Now, DR - they have one that goes inside the window which I think is pretty good because otherwise they'd all get stolen and resold for 500 peso. but, denying someone next year's sticker because there was no pen mark with my plate number is beyond stupid. If it was stolen it would have had creases and different textures potentially because of the adhesive and what Gringo is going to steal a license plate sticker or anyone that has a non-POS vehicle. There is a level of discretion and autonomy everywhere in the world for judgment calls and that one was a poor judgment call, are they not entered into the central DB ? I mean there is so many electronic errors here from poor network and people getting frustrated when entering forms and just voiding submissions altogether so I guess I can see where it would happen and I have enough time here to know there is no beating it unless you (1) walk away (2) pay them (3) ethically trick them first ( in my case photoshop the silly plate number since I paid the tax)