need sum help

Carolina181

May 9, 2010
hey everyone...well here goes my story..about 6 month ago i met this nice 26 year old dominican online on tagged. somehow it happened that we started talking...first on tagged, then on yahoo...phone, web cam..well the classic story. he invited me to the dominican. so i went there to visit him in santiago. i stayed there for 2 weeks with his family in their house. everything was cool, family was friendly. he speaks pretty perfect english cause he has a visa for the united states because he plays baseball in the independent league there.thats why i never really thought of him using me because he is living most of the time in the us. i went ther in the end of february. he was kind of broke but it didnt really bother me. because i knew he was going to play again soon. what he really does again. he is back in texas and the season starts end of may. but he is asking me from time to time for money. and im honest,,,i did send it so far. all together it was about 1500$$. he calls me every day, messages me everything. but im just not sure if he likes me or my money....i really need advise, cuase sumhow i think im just another stupid ass victim like most ppl on here. im waiting for respond....Carolina

Luperon

Who empowered China's crime against humanity?
Jun 28, 2004
I think its true love, keep sending him as much money as he wants. He is sure to buy you a large house after he strikes it big.

Another sock puppet, post generating thread.

isabellaaa

Feb 23, 2010
if i was dating ANYONE from ANY country and they asked me for money within the first 6 months of the relationship i would end that sooooooooo fast. asking for $5 is one thing - but having given him a total of $1500... yiiiikes.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
My advice is the same as above, cut off the money supply and see how much he cares.

Where did you send the money? The DR I presume and I see you are posting from Europe which means you have no way of knowing if his story about playing baseball in the US is true or not.

What's the name of this independent league in Texas? I'm sure one of our many members on DR1 can confirm if it's for real. My hunch is that he is a player alright but not in baseball and no such league will exist.

Good luck

Reactions: Tamborista

el forastero

Bronze
Oct 25, 2009
Doing a little research, if he's paying in the NBA Development League which has three teams in Texas, the teams pay their players $12,000, $18,000 or $24,000 a season. That's McDonald's wages (or working McDonald's for the day shift and at Wal-Mart on the night shift).

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=7239948

Might be best to write off the $1500 as the cost of your "hotel" during your DR vacation, and for some education and experience. Good luck.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Doing a little research, if he's paying in the NBA Development League which has three teams in Texas, the teams pay their players $12,000, $18,000 or $24,000 a season. That's McDonald's wages (or working McDonald's for the day shift and at Wal-Mart on the night shift).

Almost-NBA Players Take Home Paltry Salaries : NPR

Might be best to write off the $1500 as the cost of your "hotel" during your DR vacation, and for some education and experience. Good luck.

This is a basketball league not baseball. NBA stands for the National Basketball Association.

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
Im kind of broke myself - any chance of sending me some money too- 1500 dollars should have gone a long way here

greydread

Platinum
Jan 3, 2007
Sankies need love and understanding too....

Extremely simple: just cut of the money and you will see.

I would advise you to hold on to your wallet with any guy you meet in the future.

I respectfully disagree.

The $1,500 for a two week stay is actually a bargain considering it included constant companionship, lodging in a safe and friendly environment and probably more than a few of Mama'a good home cooked meals not to mention some obviously fantastic loving.

The OP simply needs to change her focus and concentrate on the value of services rendered for amount paid. If this guy is keeping her smiling then it's worth it. Romance tourism comes with overhead. Free lodging isn't usually part of the package and the fact that this guy speaks "almost perfect" English points to the fact that she should be having this conversation one on one with him rather than the open forum discussion here.

Party On Sistren.....

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
I respectfully disagree.

The $1,500 for a two week stay is actually a bargain considering it included constant companionship, lodging in a safe and friendly environment and probably more than a few of Mama'a good home cooked meals not to mention some obviously fantastic loving.

The OP simply needs to change her focus and concentrate on the value of services rendered for amount paid. If this guy is keeping her smiling then it's worth it. Romance tourism comes with overhead. Free lodging isn't usually part of the package and the fact that this guy speaks "almost perfect" English points to the fact that she should be having this conversation one on one with him rather than the open forum discussion here.

Party On Sistren.....

I did not think of it this way ;)
LMAO !!!!!

VANITKA1

Sep 18, 2009
Never

Hi, this is not only the matter of dominican republic and boys there. The same happened to me several times while I was in Tunisia and of course in DR too. I would never give any boy money even he would tell me fairy-tales. During my 1 month stay in Tunisia one animator asked people for money - first week his grandmother had died..during another week his dad had died..and the third week again his grandmother..

KikoPresidente

Mar 20, 2009
next time he asks for $$ tell him you are unable at this time, and see how he reacts, this will give you a good idea where you stand...