Men in masks kidnap Italian citizen in Boca Chica

Trainman33

Bronze
Dec 11, 2009
Santo Domingo.? An Italian citizen residing in Boca Chica was kidnapped by masked men who are asking for a US$1.5 million ransom, authorities revealed.
According to press reports, Federico Dalmaso, 36, was kidnapped last Wednesday night when he arrived at his house in La Cachaza section of Andres, Boca Chica. The victim is said to be the owners of a restaurant in Andres and other businesses near the Boca Chica beach.
Carrying automatic rifles, and wearing masks and bullet proof vests with insignias of the Antinarcotics Agency (DNCD), the kidnappers took a green Mitsubishi Montero belonging to Dalmaso, witnesses said. Though several persons tried to stop the kidnapping, the criminals shot their weapons in the air.

http://www.dominicantoday.com/dr/local/2010/8/27/36766/Men-in-masks-kidnapped-Italian-citizen-in-Boca-Chica

Trainman33

Bronze
Dec 11, 2009
Update from Diario Libre

The Italian Federico Dalmaso, 33, who had been kidnapped on Tuesday, was left abandoned at around 4:00 pm on Friday by his abductors in a residence in Boca Chica. Dalmaso was taken to the Dario Contreras hospital of the National Police. The institution has ordered in-depth investigations, which so far have not been able to find those responsible for this.
Police recovered in Madre Vieja, San Cristobal, the vehicle which took the Italian hostage. Several people were with the vehicle and have been detained. The kidnappers demanded the sum of $ 1.5 million for the release of the Italian, who is married to a Dominican.
The kidnappers were wearing uniforms with the insignia of the National Directorate for Drug Control. They were carrying guns and bulletproof vests at the time they kidnapped Dalmaso, who came to his residence on street number 32 in the sector Cacha?a in Andr?s, Boca Chica. Dalmaso owns several businesses in Andres, Boca Chica.

Diariolibre.com

Last edited:

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
I read this in the National on Thursday, puts a real dampner on the day to say the least. I prefer to be oblivious to this kind of stuff and forget what a dangerous place I'm living in, go about my days with a smile rather than butterflies.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
I read this in the National on Thursday, puts a real dampner on the day to say the least. I prefer to be oblivious to this kind of stuff and forget what a dangerous place I'm living in, go about my days with a smile rather than butterflies.

You'd have a much better chance at getting kidnapped in Arizona than the DR.

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
Mind you, Andres always seemed a little rough to me after dark.

I never felt uneasy in Los Coquitos, La Caleta, Boca Chica or Las Americas etc....

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Please provide your source of information for number of kidnappings in Arizona and your source of information for number of kidnappings in the DR by percentages of population......

... or is that just a wild, out of the blue, non-factual statement?

t9d26v.gif

SantiagoDR

Reactions: drloca

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010

'A better chance' ? you mean as if I would be looking to get kidnapped:cheeky:
Never been to Arizona, never had any intention of visiting Arizona, but just another reason not to visit. Kidnappings are not uncommon here so I'd like to see some stats to compare here with other countries.

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
OK, I am from Phoenix Arizona (30 years) and right now Phoenix is rated the number 1 city in the U.S. for kidnappings. BUT, it is not against the private citizens of Arizona. Close to 100% of the kidnappings are drug related and illegals being brought over the border from Mexico. They are held for more money than originally agreed upon with the coyotes. In the 30 years I lived there, and my family is still there, you never heard of kidnappings against the legal and law abiding citizens. The big danger for the citizens are the frequent amount of home invasions that take place on a daily basis and many of them turn deadly. The Phoenix police are a tough police dept and they don't back down from anything. But the gangs from Mexico and the Mexican gangs from L.A. and Southern California have all but taken over. If you are not involved in drug or human trafficking, the chances of you getting kidnapped are close to never ever happening.

Reactions: drloca

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
'A better chance' ? you mean as if I would be looking to get kidnapped:cheeky:
Never been to Arizona, never had any intention of visiting Arizona, but just another reason not to visit. Kidnappings are not uncommon here so I'd like to see some stats to compare here with other countries.

Perhaps Chip knows something about you that we don?t Anastacio when he said:
You'd have a much better chance at getting kidnapped in Arizona than the DR. ;)

Mindful that "spillover violence" from Mexico has become a politically-charged term in the U.S.,

Thompson said almost everyone who is kidnapped in Phoenix is involved in criminal activities such as illegal border crossings and the drug trade.

"Unless you're involved in the dope trade, there's a very very slim chance" that you'll be kidnapped, he said.

t9d26v.gif

SantiagoDR

Jan 3, 2003
I continue to be amazed at ex-pats living in the DR who are walking targets due to their obvious physical differences.

I would have left Dodge ages ago if I were an ex-pat.

To each their own, I guess. :(

pedrochemical

Silver
Aug 22, 2008
I continue to be amazed at ex-pats living in the DR who are walking targets due to their obvious physical differences.

I would have left Dodge ages ago if I were an ex-pat.

To each their own, I guess. :(

I do not understand - the physical differences are what exactly?

Being an Italian in Boca Chica does not make you stand out.