Men in masks kidnap Italian citizen in Boca Chica

Anastacio

Banned
Feb 22, 2010
Could certain areas of this country even function without sensible expat influence. I don't know for sure but I think tourist areas would be none functional without expat influence, physical difference or not.

Mar 2, 2008
Given the fact that none of us can change our physical characteristics without considerable difficulty, perhaps the best alternative would be to seek a more accepting culture.

Just imagine what it would mean to the economic structure of the north coast if every ex-pat left within 3-4 months. I dare say there would be a virtual implosion.

Perhaps before anyone gets up on their high-horse and starts preaching about the negative effects of the ex-pat community, they should consider the possible ramifications of a mass ex-pat exodus.

Personally, I would very much hate to leave this island, but if the cultural climate became too unbearable, then I would not hesitate to search for a more friendly environment. There are other options.

Reactions: waytogo

T809

Mar 8, 2010
abc news says phoenix is the 2nd highest in the WORLD next to mexico city for kidnappings. for last year anyway. hmmmmm i wonder why that is!!! that is sooooo sad a city in the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA has the 2nd highest rate in the world for this sht. its time for some real action against these illegals. they just bring too much crime into the country. i'm all for people coming here to have a better life but not for the ones who come here and ruin the lives of others. i say any illegal who comes here and commits any type of crime should automatically get the harshest punishment possible. forget deportation or just sitting in prison...your ass is going to be a slave until your time is up. we should put those tax dollars spent on babysitting these f**** to WORK

Kidnapping Capital of the U.S.A. - ABC News

Reactions: waytogo

genistar

Jul 29, 2009
Oakville, Ontario, Canada
I dunno, many would argue your half arsed border patrol is half arsed for a reason.:ermm:

I couldn't agree more. What did catcherintherye say? Something about a mass exodus that can easily be applied to illegal Mexicans leaving the US? Oh yeah:

Just imagine what it would mean to the economic structure of the north coast if every ex-pat left within 3-4 months. I dare say there would be a virtual implosion.

Perhaps before anyone gets up on their high-horse and starts preaching about the negative effects of the ex-pat community, they should consider the possible ramifications of a mass ex-pat exodus.

That would be the understatement of the century!

Now I don't know how we all got off track, but realistically speaking, kidnappings aren't that common in the DR. However, if we're beginning to see the start of a trend then many ex-pats will have to think seriously about getting ransom insurance. I pray this won't be the case.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006

Perhaps we are over estimating the number of "Ex-pats" on the North Coast.

Question: Are we confusing the number of "Tourist" with the number of "Ex-pats"?

Do we have thousands of "Ex-pats" on the North Coast or is it mostly "Tourists"?

t9d26v.gif

SantiagoDR

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
more expats than tourists I would say
Hard to comprehend that most of the foreigners I have seen in Sosua and Cabarete actually live there.

And that those who do live there are so concentrated in any given area of a city to have that much of an economic impact as has been suggested.

t9d26v.gif

SantiagoDR

jrhartley

Gold
Sep 10, 2008
depends if you class people with homes that they use several times a year as tourists or expats really- there are a lot of foreign home owners I should have said

Reactions: Lucille

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
They were wearing DNCD clothes? Guess what? It probably WAS the DCND. Oh and BTW in the DR these are not random targets, but 90+ percent of the time there are drugs involved in th whole thing. Thanks god we're not even close to Mexico, Colombia, Guatemala or Honduras.

Jan 3, 2003
I do not understand - the physical differences are what exactly?

Being an Italian in Boca Chica does not make you stand out.

Have you been to BC and haven't you noticed most people there are BLACK? Oh I forgot that even mentioning racial differences, an obvious FACT, is prohibited on DR1. I meant that most people are of a pigmentation that is of a darker hue than your average ex-pat. Hopefully, this passes muster on the sanitized-racial meter.

where do you suggest we go to oh wise onion

DEVELOPED nations!!!

That is what is needed so that the Dominican police force and armed forces wakes up and takes RADICAL action against crime ala Trujillo. Great point Catcher, an implosion is what is needed.

The ex-pats are not the problem. It's the rising criminal element that the impotent and at times complicit entity (police and armed forces) is unable to squash due to nonsense like due process of law. In the old times they KILLED criminals in the streets like the mangy dogs they are!!!

Last edited by a moderator: