My Dominican Wife - You can find happiness

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjp2010

Mar 25, 2013
I met her four years ago. We got married last summer. Things are great. I may be different from many other people. I did not come down here looking for love, wife, etc. It just happened so that is the best way. During our three years of dating she never asked me for anything. Of course, she is also not a young girl that has no clue what is important in the world. I did get her to stop working because she wasn't happy and not making much money. She didn't want to at first because she didn't want to depend on me but eventually she did. She helps with everything she can. I work at home via the Internet and she pretty much takes care of everything else. The only problem is she is not able to negotiate will. That seems to be an issue with business owners not respecting her because she is a woman more than anything. I get better deals than her a lot of times and I'm a gringo. She tries her best but she just doesn't get any good deals. So if you truly want to be happy and find a good woman my advice is the same here as anywhere else in the world. Look for someone who is stable on their own, has some common sense about them, understands what is truly important and stay away from the young girls. Sure the young girls are good for a fun night but if you try to have a relationship with someone that could be your daughter you'll need to act like their father and take care of them while they do all the things you don't want them to do.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
I met her four years ago. We got married last summer. Things are great. I may be different from many other people. I did not come down here looking for love, wife, etc. It just happened so that is the best way. During our three years of dating she never asked me for anything. Of course, she is also not a young girl that has no clue what is important in the world. I did get her to stop working because she wasn't happy and not making much money. She didn't want to at first because she didn't want to depend on me but eventually she did. She helps with everything she can. I work at home via the Internet and she pretty much takes care of everything else. The only problem is she is not able to negotiate will. That seems to be an issue with business owners not respecting her because she is a woman more than anything. I get better deals than her a lot of times and I'm a gringo. She tries her best but she just doesn't get any good deals. So if you truly want to be happy and find a good woman my advice is the same here as anywhere else in the world. Look for someone who is stable on their own, has some common sense about them, understands what is truly important and stay away from the young girls. Sure the young girls are good for a fun night but if you try to have a relationship with someone that could be your daughter you'll need to act like their father and take care of them while they do all the things you don't want them to do.

I see there is an agenda going on here.

oh boy!!!!!!

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
she never asked me for anything

i tell you something. the fact that you needed to include this line indicates trouble. no one in the world describes their relationship with those words.

the only person on this board, THE ONLY ONE who could, and should boast here about their dominican love is alterego, who is clocking, what, 30 something years with her husband? few other posters have close to 20, still going strong. 4 years together? you wouldn't even say it's been a long life for a dog, let alone marriage!

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
I would still rather rent than buy........ and I'm not to fuzzy on the idea of moving them in and having them establish residency in my humble pleasure palace.......... just me.If I wanted a cerebral relationship I would have married one of those over-achievers I met in graduate school.To each his own!

pauleast

*** I love DR1 ***
Jan 29, 2012
Additionally "stay away from the young girls" That's like saying stay away from alcohol, cigars, gambling, money.

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
i tell you something. the fact that you needed to include this line indicates trouble. no one in the world describes their relationship with those words.

the only person on this board, THE ONLY ONE who could, and should boast here about their dominican love is alterego, who is clocking, what, 30 something years with her husband? few other posters have close to 20, still going strong. 4 years together? you wouldn't even say it's been a long life for a dog, let alone marriage!

I have 20 and it is still not a "bed of roses" everyday. Somedays it can be more like the "war of the roses" but it is a work in progress like all marriages are. But never once have I described our relationship / marriage with words of "I know he wants nothing from me or has never asked me for anything" Besides I would not tell it in a public forum.

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011

Seriously we have read about YOUR wife??? How is this going to help anyone?? Look man people have their own problems with their own wives and reading about the Dominican "Carol Brady" is not going to give anybody hope.

If anybody think this woman is "real" walking around in DR you have another thing coming.

BTW My favorite line is " She did not want to stop working because she did not want to depend on me" GOOD ONE!!! Yeah a human being that does not want to stop working, NOT many of them in the world.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
keepcoming, of course! relationship is hard work, always! and damn me, you are always suppose to ask your other half for something. to help you wash the dishes. to stop smoking. to give you a hug. to fix you a drink. a marriage where no one asks for anything? wtf?

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Seriously we have read about YOUR wife??? How is this going to help anyone?? Look man people have their own problems with their own wives and reading about the Dominican "Carol Brady" is not going to give anybody hope.

And then one wonders why these threads keep on getting closed!!!!!

WHO CARES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/-6Pbc8SQwV8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com

If anybody think this woman is "real" walking around in DR you have another thing coming.

BTW My favorite line is " She did not want to stop working because she did not want to depend on me" GOOD ONE!!! Yeah a human being that does not want to stop working, NOT many of them in the world.

Many , many women do not want to quit working, evewn after they have babies.

Dec 26, 2011

A Dominican woman with the slightest amount of self-respect will keep working even after "landing" her gringo for various reasons:

1. A genuine work ethic
2. Fear of boredom
3. What will people say? That she's una mantenida?
4. Insecurity about you leaving her(Dominican women are very insecure about the longevity of relationships)
5. Desire to maintain a sense of autonomy

Feb 15, 2005
A Dominican woman with the slightest amount of self-respect will keep working even after "landing" her gringo for various reasons:

1. A genuine work ethic
2. Fear of boredom
4. Insecurity about you leaving her(Dominican women are very insecure about the longevity of relationships)

I don't know about all that...

1. Do you see people (women) in service jobs have what a foreigner would consider a genuine work ethic? One can stand in a line for 30 minutes at a bank, while the teller calmly talks to her co-worker next to them for 10 minutes.
2. Perhaps, but usually this is taken care of by having a baby or two.
3. Y?
4. If there is truth about the " DR today mentality", this one is questionable.
5. Perhaps.

Last edited:

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
I met her four years ago. We got married last summer. Things are great.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/A8eRc4erX_A" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>.............................

JMB773

Silver
Nov 4, 2011

Bob what gives??? Talk to me are you like the "spokesperson" for the women's movement in 2013??? You are always sticking up for women.

Look Bob we are at WAR!!! with women and we have been from the beginning time why are you sticking up for the enemy?? You think women are "good people" ???? They were put on this earth to take our money, fun, hope, happiness, friends, life, joy,etc. FORGET women Bob I am so tired of women I can't see straight.

Men are suppose to stick together but if you want to join their side then go ahead BTW You know what happens to women in the bed right GOOD LUCK and don't say I didn't warn you.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I would still rather rent than buy........ and I'm not to fuzzy on the idea of moving them in and having them establish residency in my humble pleasure palace.......... just me.If I wanted a cerebral relationship I would have married one of those over-achievers I met in graduate school.To each his own!

now there is a man after my own heart! besides, i am sure you do not relish the idea of them living with you for six months, then going to the fiscal to demand 50% of all you worked for in your life.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010

1. A genuine work ethic
2. Fear of boredom

then again, there are those who quit their jobs as soon as they think they have landed a gringo ATM.

Status
Not open for further replies.