Animal house!!!!!!!!

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
Hey gang,

Well, what can I say, DA PUPPIES ARE IN DA HOUSE, DAAAAAAAAAA! Sometimes you can tell another person until your blue in the face NOT to do something that is just common sense, falls on their dead brain! This is round 2!!! If I said it once I said it a thousand times, DO NOT LET THE DOGS OUT!!! THEY ARE IN HEAT! So, here I am again, cleaning up the mess...I had to go to SD today, on my way out, i noticed that Bonkie was panting....Great!!! I knew what that meant, but had to go since I was meeting my youngest daughter of 15 at La Serina among other things I needed to do, so I left with a prayer...

Bonkie is so damn small, was concerned that a pup may get stuck, or even breached, so all I could do was left her a home made vitamin drink at her disposal...I left at 6AM, got to SD at 9:30AM, got back to POP at 6PM and when I got home, BAM! 6 fresh already cleaned and going about their puppy business except one, She had 7, the last one I assume was being left out. but seemed fine..Bonkie was not feeding...So I had to run out and picked up some baby formula, small 1/8 inch fish tubing, and I already had syringes from my Parakeets...Poof! down ya go..had to tube feed the little one, so cute to boot! Well, Bonkie saw I was taking care of her little pup, got concerned as if I was the bad guy and took over..Ah, no, she didn't use the tube ;) pushed her onto a nip and she was good to go

So, I know have 7 one day old puppies that will be tiny little things, Chihuahua type dogs and the 3 three week old from Rocca, which will be a tad bit less than a med sized dog...I think these guys are very popular here in the DR, hope so from the many I see around here..That said, its over due for a vid!! I need to find homes for these guys..Rocca's pups are all set, eating dry food and drinking on their own, have quite a few baby teeth and so damn cute. I already started to house break as well, they are doing pretty well so far..I would allow ownership only for the experienced owner at this age, but will be free to go in another 2 weeks as I am weaning them off of mom, mainly due to their teeth..

I also wish to downsize my flock of 45 Budgies/Parakeets, will try to get some vids of them too once I get their cages cleaned up as I always have kept them, just so much work for a large flock, slipped a bit from my groove with them only because I have a clean peeve with them which is important in order to keep them healthy..I also have a few cages (occupied) and 2 flight cages..so depending on how many one wants, I may be able to provide a cage..

Overall, may be best to create another thread for the flock, but just wanted to give a heads up in case somebody is looking for these kinds of birds..Also, quite a few are hand tamed being I hand feed them..not an easy task, needed to be fed every 3 hours and of course kept warm. If anyone has an interest please PM me...I will start some Vids tomorrow of the puppies electricity willing...We had no outages here in about a week..HUH??? so you know its coming and its always when your doing something that requires power, never fails...

Thanks! :)

Anthony

Last edited:

twhitehead

Bronze
Nov 1, 2003
Skynet. I don't understand your situation. You seem to be an animal lover and knowledgeable about animal health. Why on earth do you not get your female dogs sterilized?

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Why would u neutre a male dog?? What reason(s) apart a calmer behaviour? I m intrested none of my dogs ( male ) are neutred.
And by the way just so I am sure to understand, neutred=testicule ablation??

Why would u neutre a male dog?? What reason(s) apart a calmer behaviour? I m intrested none of my dogs ( male ) are neutred.
And by the way just so I am sure to understand, neutred=testicule ablation??

To control the pet population!!!! Did you never watch The price of right???!!! I don't understand why people don't neuter or spay their pets?!?! How can you not know this is an important thing to do so there aren't thousands of dogs being killed!
This is giving me high blood pressure!!!

malko

Jan 12, 2013
@ harley, please explain. I have 3 dogs at the moment 3 males. None are castrated or nurtred or whatever. None have had pups, except the small one on demand of a friend who brought his bitch.
Do u leave ure dogs free to roam the road or countryside?? I dont. So I re ask myquestion what purpose??
Or do they cum over ure wall into bitches?? (Lol), I am confused.

Steralize stray dogs Ok. My own pets that I treat with love and respect ( and them back ), I think not. If people let their dogs runaround singando perras, theyshould be nutred.

Hope that helps ure blood pressure.

Malko I don't let my dogs run wild, I dont even leave them out at night usually b/c I am scared of something happening to them.
I do take them on walks though so if some weird street dog came along and my dog impreganted her I would feel like her biggest ass ever.
In North America it is just done, big cities anyways.
I would never want to take the chance of bringing more dogs/ cats into the world especially where people cannot afford them and treat them right.
Where are you from?

malko

Jan 12, 2013
I m from europe. Live in france work i n switzerland,, uk citizen, live half the year in dr. I am a citizen of the world!!!

Back home a live in an appartment. No pets, never had even if brought up in a house in the french countryside.
To tell the truth I was kind of scared of dogs ( well maybe a better word is wary ) before I arrived in the dr like 7 years ago!!!
I met my wife in switzerland but never wanted to go on holiday to the dr, always went somewhere else. I envisoned (?) a tin hut on thebeach.

Surprise!! Arrived in a big house, lots of land and.......... a 18 month year old dog. Remedio is his name. Got around to loving him ..... and now I have 3 dogs and a 4th very soon!!!!

So I was just curious as of the virtues of nurtred male dogs, since I am still discovering dogs.

P.s yesterday my wife and I had to inject anti rabbies vaccin cos no vets accept to come round to my place anymore!!!!!

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
malko, in a civilized world you may not have to sterilize your pets, especially if they live in a controlled environment. in DR dogs and cats run around freely so they only make more dogs and cats.

i have 3 cats, all spayed and/or neutered. two (male and female) go outside. spayed, they keep closer to home and they are less territorial. the third one (female) was castrated because of her health issues (epilepsy). a friend has a dog with epilepsy and it is also hormone related. her vet says that if he was castrated he might have not gotten ill in the first place (this is a vet neurologist, in vienna).

i also have two female rotties, they are not spayed. they stay in all the time and only go out on a leash, supervised at all times. i'd spay them but it's strategically difficult: they are both way too big to easily be transported and female sterilization is more complicated surgery, i would not want it done in my backyard...

i know spaying ain't cheap. we paid 100 bucks for each of the female cats. cannot remember the price we pay for cutting off fatso's balls, it was a while ago...

malko

Jan 12, 2013
@ harleystock.
Remedio like 7 0r 8 year old. Half dalmatian, half of a half of doberman, half of half of something else. Tipico musician friend of my wife has his mother. Was a present. Great guard dog. Difficult caracter. Middle/big sized dog.vicious on our grounds but no problem outside ( he used to escape before we sorted conuco out but never for more than 15 minutes.)

Cubby, small fluffy dog. Oldish but no idea. Came to die outside our house 2 or 3 years ago, machete wound split his scull open. My wife nursed him back to life and he now follows her around everywhere!!! Remedio adopted him right away, even if cubby is a pest!!!

Rex, 6 month rottweiler, huge beast ( I cant lift him anymore ). He is still a pichon so very playful and not at all aware of his strenght!!! Have had him for a month and a half or a bit more. Very territotial ( house, food, water ) complicated last 2 days. The 2 big dogs have been growling at each other non stop, and have even fought 3 times ( once drawing blood ). I am currently sorting out the situation,.
Any input would be great!!!!

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
ball cutting would help to mellow both of them down, actually. short of that (pun unintended but it stays) you can use a good old newspaper method. sit with both dogs and smack in a head with newspaper at every growl. soon they will learn to accept each other. my FIL used this effectively to convince his rottweiler that cats are not food and them small ratlike dogs should not be stepped on. the rottie also hates my new brother in law but that did not call for a newspaper treatment :)

When my pit and rottie have a difference in opinion I grab the pits back legs and the wife grabs the rotties legs, it works quite
well getting them to stop fighting.
Training the pit with simple sit, stay and waiting for his din has calmed him down a lot.
I was thinking that getting your dogs deballed would help with aggression issues as well.

malko

Jan 12, 2013
Well I have real issues with remedio my first dog..... there is no way u can pull him back when his pressure is up!!!!

He had no collar for 2 years, long story, 5 of us held him down to put it on. Didnt manage.......
Had 2 diffrent vets down after I tried to put him to sleep with like 5 times the prescribed dose, neither got him calmed down,neither did their injections work........ he is kind of immune to everything known to man!!!!
Sorted it out 3 years ago when I started comin here for 6 month streches. I have a really good relationship with him but he is very independant.
Thankfully on important issue ( house security, not running away when i open gate to take car out, not comkng in the house...... ) he obeys very well.

Have any of u taken ure dogs to "classes"? Or do u do like me and just do it ureself?

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
my dogs are very unruly. their first need is to lick anyone they like. second need is to kill anyone they don't know. that may be a bit of an issue because they don't bark or growl when they attack, they just go for the throat. and they are rather large so difficult to stop.

training is best when they are young but even older dogs will learn. if not with newspaper then with salami. i suggest that you spend maybe half an hour a day with dogs when you are in DR: take some cheapest salami and just be patient. you can teach them to sit, stay and heel.

twhitehead

Bronze
Nov 1, 2003
HI Malko. Great to hear you have gotten over your fear of dogs and that you are welcoming a new one to your home shortly. As someone who works in the barrios with many street and dominican owned dogs I often get the same question you have asked. A few of the reasons I give for neutering your male dogs are that it will let them live a less stressful and calmer life and with this a longer life as well. Neutered males typically are not as horny (for lack of a better word) and thus do not have the stress associated with 'in heat' females in the area. If your male is not neutered the constant horniness without any form of release can be very stressful for the dog and lead to behavioral problems and aggression (similar to humans:eek: ). As well in this country there are many diseases that are past on from dog to dog sexually - one of the worst is a cancer that is very prevalent in dogs in the barrios in this country. Another big advantage is the chances of testicular cancer are almost eliminated when a male is neutered. These are a few reasons why neutering is a good idea if you love your animal...tom

@ harley, please explain. I have 3 dogs at the moment 3 males. None are castrated or nurtred or whatever. None have had pups, except the small one on demand of a friend who brought his bitch.
Do u leave ure dogs free to roam the road or countryside?? I dont. So I re ask myquestion what purpose??
Or do they cum over ure wall into bitches?? (Lol), I am confused.

Steralize stray dogs Ok. My own pets that I treat with love and respect ( and them back ), I think not. If people let their dogs runaround singando perras, theyshould be nutred.

Hope that helps ure blood pressure.

skynet

Bronze
Aug 25, 2013
There ya go for the love of God!! these dogs i rescued okay, my stupid girl allowed them to get out in the morning, i had no idea and bam!! I get it, was a tech, I know...but when your dealing with stupid, nothing can be done...hopefully one day soon i can get them fixed.. if i was in sd that would not be an issue since Dr Pichardo would allow me to pay it off...I tried 3 here and they all looked at me with $$$$$$$ in their eyes!! What??? but your a gringo, now thats double the price...Get it now too??

BTW, if my dogs were Cats, I could easily do it myself...slice, expose, twist and pull..2 stitches please, thank you...

I just had my male puppy neutered... high end vet - cost $120 .. But wow the reaction of some of the Dominican men! "You should not do that!" but that is only responsible way to own a pet...

Last edited: