Tricom.......what is wrong with them ?????

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
There is something terribly wrong with Tricom..........

To start, I've had service with Claro for 4 years and recently there have been problems that Claro didn't want to straighten out. Now, to keep things in order, my contract had expired with Claro. I contacted Tricom and they sent a representative to my home and I was informed that they now have Fiber Optics on my street.
After going through the plans, I was able to receive 6mb download instead of Claro's 2mb, Fiber Optics instead of normal Cable, and telephone service was about the same. Tricom offers a 20% discount if you take all 3 services, and whatever download speed you accept, they will double it for free for the length of the contract. This and 600 D.P less every month. With taxes, right at 3500 D.P.

I signed the contract with Tricom on July 4th. I was told they would be at my home for installation on either Tuesday the 8th or latest, Wednesday the 9th of July. Now, they neither called or came to the house. Oh, during this time period I went to Claro and settled up on my balance. Contacted Tricom and they informed me that the installation would now be either Friday the 11th of July or Saturday the 12th of July. So, I waited again..........Guess what...........again nothing, never arrived and never called.
Monday the 14th.............Went to Tricoms main office in Santiago and spoke to a customer service representative. She made several calls and informed me that the installation would be the next day, Tuesday the 15th. Guess what, no installation and no call.
Contacted Tricom late Tuesday and they said it would now be Wednesday the 16th................Guess what, no installation and again, no call. Contacted Tricom today, Thursday the 17th, now they say the installation will be either late today or tomorrow, Friday the 18th. I think I have been more than patient but I am going to let them hang themselves and give then the remainder of today and tomorrow. Been waiting several days for Tricom without Internet, TV, or home phone service.

Now, going back to my problem with Claro. I was paying for 2mb download. The problem was, having the HD package, and 2 HD TV's, one of the TV's would freeze up when both were on an HD channel. 2 years ago, Claro recognized the problem and increased my download speed to 4mb free of charge, this in turn fixed the problem. 3 weeks ago, my router was giving me problems and Claro sent 4 servicemen at the same time to change 1 router. When changed, they reverted the download back to 2mb and the freezing started again. This occurs only in the evening. I took photos of the TV screen showing where it stated NO HDMI SERVICE.......Took these photos to Claros main office because I believed they thought I was lying just to get a faster download for free, which wasn't the case.
Claro sent a rep out to the house and said there is nothing they can do...............This is when I contacted Tricom to see what they had to offer. BAD DECISION................Now, If I decide to go back to Claro and just pay for the download increase to 4mb, can Tricom hold me to a contract that they don't seem to want to honor. It was Tricoms Fiber optics that really swayed me to their company, something Claro doesn't have in my barrio. But what good is Fiber Optics if they don't want to hook me up.

I am currently using an Internet Cafe close to my house...............
Any suggestions.............Signed the contract with Tricom 2 weeks ago.....................
posted the short version............lol

B in Santiago

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
Went through the same thing with them. I ended up spending too much time running around after them, too much time off work waiting for them no to arrive, so much time on the pone being lied to that in the end I called them and told them I was refusing installation as I could not trust them if this was a sign of their customer service (and I thought claro were bad). I am now black listed as even though I had no installation and made them aware I was refusing the service they still served my address and tell me that I am receiving service. It is a bit of a pain being listed in bad credit because of them, but I was and am sick to my back teeth of this Mickey mouse 'customer (neglect) service' I have received since day one here, I decided to make a stand, and although doesn't appear to have caused me anything but credit issues I feel better tan I would have running around after them should anything go wrong with the service.

waytogo

Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Went through the same thing with them. I ended up spending too much time running around after them, too much time off work waiting for them no to arrive, so much time on the pone being lied to that in the end I called them and told them I was refusing installation as I could not trust them if this was a sign of their customer service (and I thought claro were bad). I am now black listed as even though I had no installation and made them aware I was refusing the service they still served my address and tell me that I am receiving service. It is a bit of a pain being listed in bad credit because of them, but I was and am sick to my back teeth of this Mickey mouse 'customer (neglect) service' I have received since day one here, I decided to make a stand, and although doesn't appear to have caused me anything but credit issues I feel better tan I would have running around after them should anything go wrong with the service.

So it sounds like normal behavior with them...........
I am signing off and heading back to Claro.............
Same as you, I have thought, what happens when service is needed later on............
Thanks for the input.........AND, they do lie with every sentence.........

B in Santiago

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Comtrend CT5374 Router. This is the one you want Claro to give you. Make sure it is a new one and not used. Just pay whoever comes for installation and tell him to get one for you.

Otherwise you can get your own ADSL Modem Router and it will work with Claro. But you need a tech guy on your payroll to install it.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
i think you are way to easy with them. I usually raise enough hell there that they take care of the problem right away. you have way too much patience with them. they are jerking you around.
I have another problem with them, since 2 days, tricom service is either slow to zero in my home. cable TV is just fine. I will see today if the problem has been resolved, if not then I am also going to their main office tomorrow.
AZB

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
i think you are way to easy with them. I usually raise enough hell there that they take care of the problem right away. you have way too much patience with them. they are jerking you around.
I have another problem with them, since 2 days, tricom service is either slow to zero in my home. cable TV is just fine. I will see today if the problem has been resolved, if not then I am also going to their main office tomorrow.
AZB

I found raising hell with Dominicans gets me nowhere, be it P?lice, shop assistants, customer service, err indoors, no matters who or what I find a half decent approach gets me further. When I know I am getting nowhere and I am going nowhere then I vent my steam and let it all go.

waytogo

Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
Update..............

Went to Claro's main office and once again spoke to their English speaking rep.......
This is the same young man who always helps me and cancelled my service a few days ago, at my request.
Ended up signing a new 18 month contract with home phone, 6mb Internet, and Plan Superior HD TV.
A little bit more than Tricom, (600 D.P. per month)...but I will have service again.
He also stated that even though I signed a contract with Tricom, being that they didn't do the installation in a reasonable time frame, the contract is not valid.
He was quite adamant about this......

Yes AZB, I was more than patient...........
I wanted to give them enough rope to hang themselves...........
Now they cannot come back and say I wasn't patient enough...........
Now..........back to being a Mod and doing the job............

B in Santiago

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
Just wait till those emails start coming in.

Ignore them as being reasonable with them does not make any difference. It involves money and you are here, nothing matter more than money, you know that. Pay me, Pay me Pay, me.................... what... no of course I havent done my job but that doesn't matter, just pay me.

Feb 7, 2007
@eaytogo, had you had your own devices (cable box, modem), you could be on a month to month plan, or in other words, 18 month contract would not be valid, as per Indotel's resolution. By your accepting such simple thing as a US$50 router/modem, you are obliged to sign the 18 month contract. The trick comes if they use set top boxes that only work on their network, but I don't think that is the case, and you could have gotten any compatible STB from ebay and DSL modem as well.

Feb 7, 2007
Just wait till those emails start coming in.

Ignore them as being reasonable with them does not make any difference. It involves money and you are here, nothing matter more than money, you know that. Pay me, Pay me Pay, me.................... what... no of course I havent done my job but that doesn't matter, just pay me.

LOL I have been receiving phones call about some 5-year old RD$1,000 Tricom bil, from some duchebags law firm in Santo Domingo. The guys that called always referred to them as Licenciado. I asked if they were licenciado de leyes, y abogado. He said he was. I asked him to give me his DR Bar number. He said he will not. I told him that what I thought was him being just a simple call center employee, and by insinuating he was a lawyer he was breaking a law by impersonating a lawyer (I even looked up the law online) and that the next time he calls I would record the call and make a criminal complaint against him and his company. I installed a neat android app for immediate call recording, and next time he called and said licenciado so and so I asked him whether he was a lawyer he said yes, I said the call is being recorded, he is in violation of such and such law and I will be making a criminal complaint against him ... guess what...he did not call back.

Last edited:

VJS

Bronze
Sep 19, 2010
I had a very different experience with tricom: signed the contract at 2pm and had 2 guys show up the next morning at 9am, and everything was installed by 11pm or so. I guess I was lucky.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Geez, I opened up a Tricom account for a friend last week and they got connected in two days and my Claro multiplan with cable works like a charm, must be some sort of divine intervention. :)

amp

Bronze
Oct 5, 2010
@waytogo

What is the name of the rep at the Santiago office if I may ask? I usually go and speak Spanish but think I may get further by speaking English whenever I have questions.

Lothario666

Bronze
Oct 16, 2012
Geez, I opened up a Tricom account for a friend last week and they got connected in two days and my Claro multiplan with cable works like a charm, must be some sort of divine intervention. :)

Mine is Devilishly hot and fast, must be some sort of Devilish Intervention.
24pc9b7.jpg

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
I have no idea what any of what you just wrote meant, and so............................. was that a positive Tricom post or negative?

Not you 666,

that mind buster 345 above!

Lothario666

Bronze
Oct 16, 2012
I have no idea what any of what you just wrote meant, and so............................. was that a positive Tricom post or negative?

Not you 666,

that mind buster 345 above!

345's post was a positive post for Tricom.
Mine was a positive for Claro (No intervention from Hell or Heaven, just luck of the Irish).

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
I found raising hell with Dominicans gets me nowhere, be it P?lice, shop assistants, customer service, err indoors, no matters who or what I find a half decent approach gets me further. When I know I am getting nowhere and I am going nowhere then I vent my steam and let it all go.

i have been living here since 1997 and for me, raising hell, produces results. You have to raise hell the right way and talk to the right people as well. do not raise hell with an employee who possesses no power to solve your problem. Speak proper spanish and talk to the right people. then things get done.
AZB

waytogo

Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR
@waytogo

What is the name of the rep at the Santiago office if I may ask? I usually go and speak Spanish but think I may get further by speaking English whenever I have questions.

There are 2 young men there that speak perfect English..............
One is Christopher, but he just goes by Chris, and the other I don't remember...........
But the one that I don't remember ALWAYS works in #4..........
They are both nice young men, and they do their jobs well............
Wherever you go, just ask them "Habla usted Ingl?s"............
I speak and comprehend enough Spanish to get by.............

By the way, In less than 24 hours, my house phone is back on with Claro....
Tricom STILL HASN'T SHOWN UP OR CALLED..............15 days waiting..........
Claro said they will finish everything today..........EVERYTHING IN LESS THAN 1 DAY

B in Santiago

Last edited: