italian resident of sosua kidnapped, beaten up and robbed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gringo Starr

*** I love DR1! ***
Aug 11, 2014
i know. face, name of the bar he owns, pictures of his car (not a very common ride). the logic behind it is somewhat questionable.
The logic behind investing in any business in DR is questionable too, especially in places like Sosua.

DRob

Gold
Aug 15, 2007
Meh. People doing stupid thing get beaten up in Las Vegas, New Orleans and other "anything goes" towns all the time.

Just a wee bit of common sense goes an awful long way...

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
errr not everyone that bad things happen to has done anything to deserve it

While that statement is true, statically, bad things happen to people who have done something that brings about a bad result.
Driving too fast, drinking too much, spouting off at the mouth, flashing money, hanging out with the wrong crowd etc.

The odds of a truly random bad event like being struck on the head by a meteor, being run over while sitting at a bus stop or walking into a bank at exactly the time a robber is leaving are pretty rare occurrences. There is usually a cause and effect at work in these situations, even if it is rather obscure.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
here we go again, another link to a news article in Spanish on a so called English speaking board. I know, I have to do the cut, copy, paste thing into a decent translator. I also know if I don't like the way things are run on an English speaking DR1 message forum board my membership fee will be refunded in less than 24 hours............Yawn

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
here we go again, another non spanish speaking poster on a board dedicated to spanish speaking country. copy and paste is just a bit of work but it encourages learning language. werk.

franco1111

Bronze
May 29, 2013
Gringo
Use Chrome browser, right click on article, select translate to Ingl?s. (I know I hate google too, but this works good). Can be turned on and off in 'settings.'

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
here we go again, another non spanish speaking poster on a board dedicated to spanish speaking country. copy and paste is just a bit of work but it encourages learning language. werk.

OK, so when you gonna snap out of it and realize there are a lot of lurkers who read this board. You know, plain regular tourists who may only visit la rep dom four or five times in their lives. You think they want to learn Spanish?

Post the link and put a brief translation in your original post. You seem to have nothing else to do so what would be the problem?

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Use Chrome browser, right click on article, select translate to Ingl?s. (I know I hate google too, but this works good). Can be turned on and off in 'settings.'

Yes, I do that but for the most part I can understand the Spanish article. I am basically talking for lurkers, some who are not really computer savy.............English message board to me means English

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
here we go again: the title says it all. you want to know more, use google translate.

franco1111

Bronze
May 29, 2013
Gringo
Wow. This Italian has a problem. The authorities don't want to hear it. (not a great translation by google, but it seems clear he has crossed the wrong people)

Sandro Mulas asked not to be published his face and it feels very frightened and unprotected by the authorities, said "the National Police ignores him and when he appeared itself with a friend to the Office of Sosua and called out I received, which received He was warned that if he continued apresar?an bothering him, just said a supervisory who asked to speak said he had no time to receive it.

monfongo

Bronze
Feb 10, 2005
statistical bull crap, a lot of people get robbed, beaten, killed here that haven't done anything other then being a little na?ve as to just how dangerous it can be here.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005

HELLO, does not DR1 say it is an English speaking board?

how you say? roll my eyes to the back of my head..............

Yelp, cruise peeps doing the la rep dom search......... find DR1 ......ooops, problema DV8 the head of grammar control is in control and says you peeps better be spanglish literate when you set foot on this soil................ YAWN

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009

That is ridiculous, 95% of the people who read this board can't speak Spanish, never mind read/write it. The board is dedicated to a Spanish speaking country predominantly for English speaking people, be they mother tongue or not. If you can't speak English then you can use this site, end of.
So make your mind up, or am I mistaken in recalling you usually speak of how bad online translators are?
We all know you get off on portraying yourself with attitude, but often the need to do so results in major arrogance overload.

Yes I know 'you don't care, you're not responsible for others', blah blah blah!! But kind if defeats the purpose.

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
.. and the "Mods" will correct you rapidly if you post in SPANISH (Except in Spanish Forum), reminding you that THIS is an ENGLISH board.

Status
Not open for further replies.