Re-Entry

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I re-entered y'day

upon leaving , I was documented... put in the system

On arrival , I could see my stuff on the screen.

Handed over my passport, residency and cedula.

The agent informed me that the system was working well.
Upon exit, all you need to present is your cedula... she said

Soooo, it seems that the national system is working - all keyed to the cedula

Those without a cedula may experience delays.... it appears

from the horse's mouth, as we say

InsanelyOne

Bronze
Oct 21, 2008
Which airport? When I enter through Punta Cana they insist that I fill out the immigration form that is clearly labeled "For Visitors Only". I point this out and they always give me that dumb stare like they have no idea what I'm getting at. They insist everyone has to fill one out.
Then again, I've also had the guys who collect the tourist cards stare at my residency card like they've never seen one before. I guess it's so rare that a resident comes through Punta Cana they aren't quite sure what to do with us.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Which One ??

the best one.... Samana/el Catey
Polite, efficient, friendly

system is still new....

we'll see......

Feb 7, 2007
In Punta Cana my exit was normal, though the officer was typing in some info to the computer. I don't know if that was related to the new system but the whole process did not seem longer than usual. With the exception of my daughter's case which I wrote about in another thread past Sunday 21 June.

airgordo

Bronze
Jun 24, 2015
I re-entered y'day

upon leaving , I was documented... put in the system

On arrival , I could see my stuff on the screen.

Handed over my passport, residency and cedula.

The agent informed me that the system was working well.
Upon exit, all you need to present is your cedula... she said

Soooo, it seems that the national system is working - all keyed to the cedula

Those without a cedula may experience delays.... it appears

from the horse's mouth, as we say

which entry point?

zoomzx11

Gold
Jan 21, 2006
Came down stayed 32 days and never gave it much thought but when I left via POP they charged me 2,500 pesos exit fee. Is this part of the new plan? Cannot imagine tourists will like this much.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Came down stayed 32 days and never gave it much thought but when I left via POP they charged me 2,500 pesos exit fee. Is this part of the new plan? Cannot imagine tourists will like this much.

There are about 17 threads on this hijo, including the new tarifas, yes it went up a while ago frong RD800 to RD2500 for 31 days in country.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com

yes-- that is clearly posted. Your tourist visa is good for 30 days - anything over that has to pay a fine. The fines went up last year.

Most tourists do not come for a month but only a couple of weeks.

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
When did they start writing "30 dias" on the passport entry stamp itself.
I just started noticing that. I'm guessing they were always supposed to do it but never bothered cuz i found one from 2013 also.

Domdream

Jul 26, 2014
First of all I decided I didn't want to be illegal any more. I gathered up all my docs starting the 19 of june. Went to miami on the 25th. Deposited all my information to the dominican consulate on the 26th. On the 30th had my residence visa page in my passport. Returned today. Hadn't been off the island for 47 months. Flirted with the girl in the airport on the way out and PAID ZERO. Reentered today thru Punta cana via Orlando and san juan. They tried to get me to purchase a return ticket in san juan. I showed the girl my visa page. Problem averted. Hit Punta cana. Mucho persona. Went to the residents line and outside in 15 minutes. Life is good!!!!!

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
First of all I decided I didn't want to be illegal any more. I gathered up all my docs starting the 19 of june. Went to miami on the 25th. Deposited all my information to the dominican consulate on the 26th. On the 30th had my residence visa page in my passport. Returned today. Hadn't been off the island for 47 months. Flirted with the girl in the airport on the way out and PAID ZERO. Reentered today thru Punta cana via Orlando and san juan. They tried to get me to purchase a return ticket in san juan. I showed the girl my visa page. Problem averted. Hit Punta cana. Mucho persona. Went to the residents line and outside in 15 minutes. Life is good!!!!!

how did you get your US fingerprints taken, sent to the FBI, returned, then sent to the State Department and apostilled in one day?

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
They took my fingerprints on friday.

They?

meaning who?

It was explained to me that the process was that one has to present APOSTILLED FBI FINGERPRINTS

which means that a US local law enforcement agency has to TAKE the fingerprints

then you send them to the FBI

then wait for the FBI to send them back
then
you have to send them to the State Department
for an apostille certificate

that is the process that my attorney at Guzman explained to me

I just went to Miami and had my prints taken and am waiting for them to be returned to my sister's house - where I have left the envelope and check for the State Department for the Apostille.

Then I can - if I wish - since the Guzman firm has agreed to stand as guarantor and has run my financials by the Ministry already - go to a Dominican consul in the States to get my Residency visa.

We are still discussing which type of visa I want- (although I am pretty sure I will not proceed at all )

But I have already been burned by one lawyer in this visa process..

am I being burned again?

Did you not need Apostilled FBI fingerprints?

Domdream

Jul 26, 2014
They meaning the dominican consulate in Miami took them. All documents submitted at that time are sent to Santo Domingo for approval. I had an immigration attorney friendly with the personal in the migration department push it though on her end. By Tuesday at 1 pm I had my visa page inserted in my passport.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
They meaning the dominican consulate in Miami took them. All documents submitted at that time are sent to Santo Domingo for approval. I had an immigration attorney friendly with the personal in the migration department push it though on her end. By Tuesday at 1 pm I had my visa page inserted in my passport.

oh - great - so you had a crooked attorney

who had a crooked immigration authority

and so you got your absolutely

legal cedula