Re-Entry

Domdream

Jul 26, 2014
This was my experience 100 percent accurate. I followed the embassies instructions. I reached out to the director via telephone a few times to make sure all my documents were in order. Couldn't have asked for a better outcome. Right on the application it says 10.to 15 processing time!!

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
plus you flirted with the girl at the airport to get out of a fine of HOW much?

47 months?

that would have been what? probably 15000 pesos or so?

guess you will fit in here fine..

me.. probably not so much

have only paid $400 down on the $2000 lawyer fee -- best save the money..

Domdream

Jul 26, 2014
oh - great - so you had a crooked attorney

who had a crooked immigration authority

and so you got your absolutely

legal cedula

Read what I said. I don't have my cedula yet. Read my previous post. Nothing was illegal. I just used my resources to expidit the process.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
This was my experience 100 percent accurate. I followed the embassies instructions. I reached out to the director via telephone a few times to make sure all my documents were in order. Couldn't have asked for a better outcome. Right on the application it says 10.to 15 processing time!!

did the embassy tell you that they would take your fingerprints?

that you did not need a criminal background check from the FBI?

How did you prove economic solvency (I don't mean to pry - I am just really wondering - since I am in process - for the second time - and the lawyers make it sound very complicated -maybe I should just get YOUR lawyer)

Domdream

Jul 26, 2014
As posted on this site before. It's 500 pesos a month for 47 months more in the neighborhood of 23000 pesos.

Domdream

Jul 26, 2014
Congrats. I hope part 2 goes as smoothly as part 1.
Thank you. The attorney in SD that helped me specializes in immigration law. I will use her to finish the process. I failed to mention she on short notice drew up the guarantor letter on wed and got it notarized and stamped by the ag's office early thursday and had it fed-exed to my hotel in ft.Lauderdale by noon on friday. She's high professional.

Domdream

Jul 26, 2014
did the embassy tell you that they would take your fingerprints?

that you did not need a criminal background check from the FBI?

How did you prove economic solvency (I don't mean to pry - I am just really wondering - since I am in process - for the second time - and the lawyers make it sound very complicated -maybe I should just get YOUR lawyer)

I have two corporations here. And I brought my bank statements.

Domdream

Jul 26, 2014
I suggest you go on the dominican consulate for miami website and go to residency visa an follow the instructions. If anyone has any questions I'm glad to help.

Domdream

Jul 26, 2014
I did this all on my own except for the guarantor letter. But having someone working it from this end was priceless.

Domdream

Jul 26, 2014
so still..

no FBI criminal background check needed?

that was directly from the Dominican Embassy in Miami?

It's not in the instructions. I got my police report in higuey. The director explained to me that since I had lived here for such a long time that a dominican police report was enough.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
It's not in the instructions. I got my police report in higuey. The director explained to me that since I had lived here for such a long time that a dominican police report was enough.

the director?

which director?

of the police? of the consulate?

and so 47 months was considered long enough -- even if you had say a huge criminal record --

well-- guess you could not have had felonies or you would not have a passport, right?

ok.. gotcha.. thanks!

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
ah.. I see.. you cannot help being so suave and charming

that the girl just forgot to ask for your overstay fee?

and there was nothing inside of you that tugged at you saying that you owed it and OUGHT to pay it

that niggling thing

there is the difference between thee and me, I guess

and why you have two corporations and money in your pocket

and I have an overdraft!

Domdream

Jul 26, 2014
ah.. I see.. you cannot help being so suave and charming

that the girl just forgot to ask for your overstay fee?

and there was nothing inside of you that tugged at you saying that you owed it and OUGHT to pay it

that niggling thing

there is the difference between thee and me, I guess

and why you have two corporations and money in your pocket

and I have an overdraft!

I run two businesses here. The girl scanned my passport. I'm not sure why she didn't ask for the money.