Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 24

Thread: TOP 25 AI resorts-Caribbean

  1. #1
    Gold
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    6,663
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default TOP 25 AI resorts-Caribbean

    The travelers' choice ranking of the best resorts in the Caribbean on tripadvisor was announced.

    The top 3 resorts are in the DR !

    1
    Luxury Bahia Principe Cayo Levantado Don Pablo Collection
    Samana Province, Dominican Republic

    2
    The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana
    Punta Cana, Dominican Republic

    3
    Iberostar Grand Hotel Bavaro
    Bavaro, Dominican Republic


    The are 5 additional Dominican resorts in the top 25.

    Impressive ! Good news for DR tourism. Not so good news for independent traveler, as it seems that airfare are going up for those not looking to get a package (I could be wrong but that is my impression, December tickets are just insane this year).

    Disclaimer: I am not a AI traveler, but I do understand the attraction.

    http://www.tripadvisor.com/Travelers..._Mode.expanded

  2. Likes 4*4*4, Harleysrock, greydread liked this post
  3. #2
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    28,882
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Africaida View Post
    The travelers' choice ranking of the best resorts in the Caribbean on tripadvisor was announced.

    The top 3 resorts are in the DR !

    1
    Luxury Bahia Principe Cayo Levantado Don Pablo Collection
    Samana Province, Dominican Republic

    2
    The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana
    Punta Cana, Dominican Republic

    3
    Iberostar Grand Hotel Bavaro
    Bavaro, Dominican Republic


    The are 5 additional Dominican resorts in the top 25.

    Impressive ! Good news for DR tourism. Not so good news for independent traveler, as it seems that airfare are going up for those not looking to get a package (I could be wrong but that is my impression, December tickets are just insane this year).

    Disclaimer: I am not a AI traveler, but I do understand the attraction.

    http://www.tripadvisor.com/Travelers..._Mode.expanded
    i never pay attention to those hotel rankings. none of the hotels mentioned in TripAdvisorīs list makes Fodorīs list of the 10 best SI hotels in the caribbean.

  4. #3
    Gold
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    6,663
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by the gorgon View Post
    i never pay attention to those hotel rankings. none of the hotels mentioned in TripAdvisorīs list makes Fodorīs list of the 10 best SI hotels in the caribbean.
    Well, Fodor's may be more respected*, but it averages 5 Millions monthly unique visitors, where as Tripadvisor averages 350 Millions. They are not in the same league.

    *I feel like Fodor's audience is for the 50 year-old well to do traveler.

  5. Likes 4*4*4, jinty05 liked this post
  6. #4
    Silver
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    3,492
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Africaida View Post
    Impressive ! Good news for DR tourism. [/URL]
    and more......

    http://www.listindiario.com/economia...0-durante-2015

    10% annually would be a remarkable result in the year of boycotts.

  7. #5
    Gold
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    6,663
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ju10prd View Post
    and more......

    http://www.listindiario.com/economia...0-durante-2015

    10% annually would be a remarkable result in the year of boycotts.
    Very few people heard or even care about the boycott in reality. Only people on DR1 thought it would somehow impact DR tourism. As I said, Dominicans could eat Haitian children for breakfast, people would still come if the price is right and the beaches are clean

  8. Likes markryan, greydread liked this post
  9. #6
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    16,992
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Agreed on December's airfares..........

    my JFK-AZS flight for my daughter will be $1,200-1,300+
    The UK daughter will fly here cheaper

    NYC will be double normal.............OUCH!!!

  10. Likes Africaida liked this post
  11. #7
    Gold
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    6,663
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by william webster View Post
    Agreed on December's airfares..........

    my JFK-AZS flight for my daughter will be $1,200-1,300+
    The UK daughter will fly here cheaper

    NYC will be double normal.............OUCH!!!
    I am so ****ed
    I also have friends who are supposed to meet me in DR from France, same insanity !

  12. #8
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    16,992
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Did you see the new Paris-AZS flight?

    Look for it in Travel or Airline info
    dv8 posted it as I recall

  13. #9
    Gold
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    6,663
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by william webster View Post
    Did you see the new Paris-AZS flight?

    Look for it in Travel or Airline info
    dv8 posted it as I recall
    Yup, I know about it, but When I check for my friends , it was over a 1K Euros, which makes convincing them to pick DR over a southern Thailand island makes it much much tougher.

    Also, strangely, I found cheaper airfare flying to POP from NYC, which never happened before.

  14. #10
    Silver
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    3,492
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Africaida View Post
    I am so ****ed
    I also have friends who are supposed to meet me in DR from France, same insanity !
    Iberia prices are still reasonable for Xmas period.....at least a few days ago they were.

  15. Likes Africaida liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •