TOP 25 AI resorts-Caribbean

Kengdean

Dec 1, 2014
The travelers' choice ranking of the best resorts in the Caribbean on tripadvisor was announced.

The top 3 resorts are in the DR ! :bunny:

Luxury Bahia Principe Cayo Levantado Don Pablo Collection
Samana Province, Dominican Republic

The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana
Punta Cana, Dominican Republic

Iberostar Grand Hotel Bavaro
Bavaro, Dominican Republic

The are 5 additional Dominican resorts in the top 25.

Impressive ! Good news for DR tourism. Not so good news for independent traveler, as it seems that airfare are going up for those not looking to get a package (I could be wrong but that is my impression, December tickets are just insane this year).

Disclaimer: I am not a AI traveler, but I do understand the attraction.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/TravelersChoice-AllInclusive-cTop-g147237-a_Mode.expanded

Well deserved recognition for Cayo Levantado!
It may not be the fanciest resort in the carrebbean, and may not have the nicest beaches but CL and its sister resort, El Portillo, have some of the friendly staff that we have ever run across in our travels. Most will go out of their way to make sure your vacation is a good one!
And that makes all the difference!
Great job guys! Keep up the awesome service, it obviously is paying off!

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
The taxes and landing fees you pay account for near half the ticket price too.........but that is the case with Caribbean destinations in general.
I never understood that, because round trip starting from the DR are significantly cheaper than the same round trip but starting in the US.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
The travelers' choice ranking of the best resorts in the Caribbean on tripadvisor was announced.

The top 3 resorts are in the DR ! :bunny:

Luxury Bahia Principe Cayo Levantado Don Pablo Collection
Samana Province, Dominican Republic

The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana
Punta Cana, Dominican Republic

Iberostar Grand Hotel Bavaro
Bavaro, Dominican Republic

The are 5 additional Dominican resorts in the top 25.

Impressive ! Good news for DR tourism. Not so good news for independent traveler, as it seems that airfare are going up for those not looking to get a package (I could be wrong but that is my impression, December tickets are just insane this year).

Disclaimer: I am not a AI traveler, but I do understand the attraction.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/TravelersChoice-AllInclusive-cTop-g147237-a_Mode.expanded

The DR has the advantage of having so many varied types of accomodations for all types of tourists. DR has perfected the A-I but there are many small independent hotels around the country that appeal to a more independent traveler

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
The DR has the advantage of having so many varied types of accomodations for all types of tourists. DR has perfected the A-I but there are many small independent hotels around the country that appeal to a more independent traveler

The introduction of US Immigration clearance at Punta Cana airport will only add reason for greater growth of the AI format on the East Coast.

It would be preferable that Samana and the south West develop with the smaller hotels, boutique hotel resorts and eco tourism. Yes there are other areas but those are where I see a different hospitality growth.