looking to acquire a African grey parrot

BigDaddy

Jan 16, 2005
I was hoping someone might have or know of a store that has a grey parrot or another small parrot for sale

jinty05

Bronze
Feb 11, 2005
On autopista duarte opposite the Hodelpa Hotel there is an exotic pet store.....pricey

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
It's been a few years since I have been to La Vega, but driving out the autopista from Santiago to La Vega there were usually guys along the roadway selling birds.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Those are Hispaniolan parrots and it is illegal to sell or own one as they are a protected species.

popeye

Bronze
Jan 22, 2016
this is at a pet store in a supermercado. I think its national in Santiago. they have parrots. monkeys to

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
this is at a pet store in a supermercado. I think its national in Santiago. they have parrots. monkeys to

I have never seen a pet store in Nacional.

At the Bravo Supermercado there was a pet store in the outside plaza area (Second Level), not sure if it is still there.

popeye

Bronze
Jan 22, 2016
I have never seen a pet store in Nacional.

At the Bravo Supermercado there was a pet store in the outside plaza area (Second Level), not sure if it is still there.

that's it!!! they have both indoor and outdoor on second level.

Blueceo

Nov 1, 2015
Had an African Grey Parrot many years ago. Paid $400 dollars for it back in California and the damn thing never talked. One day it started tearing out it's feathers one by one. Finally had to give it away as it was bald and needed psychological help. Biggest pain in the ass dirty animal I ever had. I would never consider one again here or anywhere... Good luck

corsair74

Bronze
Jul 3, 2006
Had an African Grey Parrot many years ago. Paid $400 dollars for it back in California and the damn thing never talked. One day it started tearing out it's feathers one by one. Finally had to give it away as it was bald and needed psychological help. Biggest pain in the ass dirty animal I ever had. I would never consider one again here or anywhere... Good luck

Damn. Am I wrong for laughing when I read this?

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
*** OFF TOPIC POST REMOVED ***

If you don't like the OP's topic - start your own thread.

popeye

Bronze
Jan 22, 2016
greys are one of the best talkers. maybe yours had a problem. a fried of mine has over 150 at one time. they raise them in usa.I bet the OP can get them to order one at Bravo

Contango

Banned
Dec 27, 2010

That's why they are best on the bbq based in a delicious teriyaki glaze. ;)

Blueceo

Nov 1, 2015
Hahaha, best on the bbq... never thought of that... here in the DR where they kill and eat anything that moves would not be a bad idea... hahaha

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Hope you find an Einstein

[video=youtube;bl7WljhLa7Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bl7WljhLa7Y[/video]

BigDaddy

Jan 16, 2005
African gray parrots are hated in Africa they eat the crops and farmers shoot them as pests. They make pets and easily tamed the person who feels that they are endangered spices should wake up and realize the people treat them worse than we treat pigeons. These birds if endangered species which I have never seen or heard are endangered not by us but the people in Africa. If anything this person should be conscious maybe this is the only way these birds exist in safety. Further more all the bird breeders around the world sell and offer this bird so I seriously doubt if that statement is true. they would loose their right to have a business and be closed for selling these birds if that was true. (all around the world)