Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Trouble In Apartment Complex

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shorts View Post
    I see this as being further agony.

If you have half of the building's HOAs going into escrow, then the following month the elevator will stop working and the community electricity will be off because the bills weren't getting paid. Then the finger will be pointed at you for the bills going unpaid.

I'm assuming the Dominicans will be more tolerable to living without an elevator than you would, if for no other reason than to hold their turf.

I could use the exercise, but in reality, what has to be done needs to be done for the sake of the property itself.

DR1 Expert
    Post Thanks / Like

Legally, you should prepare for the next condo meeting, getting support from your fellow condo owners about obtaining financial records from management. For that meeting, where the administrator must present a budget and a maintenance fee proposal for the following year based on the budget, as well as account for his managment during the last year, you should get the assistance from a qualified attorney so that, in case things don't go as they should, you'd have a record on which you can support a claim in court.
    Fabio J. Guzman
    Guzman Ariza
    Attorneys-at-Law
    Sosúa, Santo Domingo, San Francisco de Macorís, Cabrera
    Las Terrenas, Samaná, Bávaro (Punta Cana) and La Romana
    Dominican Republic

info@drlawyer.com

Website

The opinion above should not be construed to be formal legal advice and was given without reviewing the facts and documents pertinent to the case. The reader should NOT act based upon this opinion without seeking professional counsel.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345