Trouble In Apartment Complex

jimmythegreek

Bronze
Dec 4, 2008
I see this as being further agony.

If you have half of the building's HOAs going into escrow, then the following month the elevator will stop working and the community electricity will be off because the bills weren't getting paid. Then the finger will be pointed at you for the bills going unpaid.

I'm assuming the Dominicans will be more tolerable to living without an elevator than you would, if for no other reason than to hold their turf.

I could use the exercise, but in reality, what has to be done needs to be done for the sake of the property itself.

Fabio J. Guzman

DR1 Expert
Jan 1, 2002
www.drlawyer.com
Legally, you should prepare for the next condo meeting, getting support from your fellow condo owners about obtaining financial records from management. For that meeting, where the administrator must present a budget and a maintenance fee proposal for the following year based on the budget, as well as account for his managment during the last year, you should get the assistance from a qualified attorney so that, in case things don't go as they should, you'd have a record on which you can support a claim in court.