Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Vehicle Inspections in 2018

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Mauricio View Post
    I always thought the junk cars were the problem in SD, but it’s solely the driver. We have a Sonata plague now and since they are bigger but the drivers are just as bad, it’s worse.
    What's with all these gas powered Korean taxis. Many with low miles - are they decent - seems many with low miles. I'm just leery of a former taxi and also a gas vehicle, how long will they go without major problems

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chico bill View Post
    What's with all these gas powered Korean taxis. Many with low miles - are they decent - seems many with low miles. I'm just leery of a former taxi and also a gas vehicle, how long will they go without major problems
    They are a smart sales move by KIA and/or whoever is importing them. I am guessing you mean the N20's that are for sale and most are orange in color? No idea on "gas" mileage or ultimate reliability.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by windeguy View Post
    They are a smart sales move by KIA and/or whoever is importing them. I am guessing you mean the N20's that are for sale and most are orange in color? No idea on "gas" mileage or ultimate reliability.
    A lot are orange but many are not, unless they were repainted. Yes the N20 is Kia's gas version of the Optima which is the counterpart to the Hyundai Sonata, really both nice cars.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bienamor View Post
    For most of them fixing the problems would cost more than the vehicle.
    My bad I was thinking public buses.....

Platinum
    Post Thanks / Like

A lot are orange but many are not, unless they were repainted. Yes the N20 is Kia's gas version of the Optima which is the counterpart to the Hyundai Sonata, really both nice cars.
    I cannot find any reliability data on the "gas" models of Optima and Sonata. With so many 1991 Toyota Corollas on the road with after market gas kits installed, the Korean models designed to use gas might work out well. There certainly are a lot of them on the roads in the DR now.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

KIA has the highest Customer Satisfaction Reviews of ANY car maker selling in the U.S. Higher even than Volvo or Mercedes. Go figure. I have a KIA Hybrid NIRO in the U.S. and it is an outstanding car. 56 mpg or higher all the time.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually the N20 is the Sonata.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Basically like Chevrolet and Buick...the same car, just higher trim levels. The framework and drive lines of the cars are clones or each other. Hyundai owns KIA.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

I always thought the junk cars were the problem in SD, but it’s solely the driver. We have a Sonata plague now and since they are bigger but the drivers are just as bad, it’s worse.
    What's even more amazing is the amount of late model Sonatas that look as bad as the old Toyotas they replaced. You're right, the problem isn't the vehicles, it's the drivers.

Many concho drivers don't own the car they drive - they pay daily rent on the car - one of the reasons they don't make any money.

None of them are going to invest money in a car that isn't theirs, and the owner of the car isn't going to pay for anything either. They just want their daily payment.

10. Likes caribmike, Mauricio, bienamor liked this post
    Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

So true, every a****le having a Corolla before is driving a Sonata now. Do I hate them.

12. Likes Mauricio liked this post
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast