Miss universe

Janice

Jan 12, 2002
Oh how I hate :) to say it, but I think Miss Canada deserves to win this competition

Janice

Jane J.

ditz
Jan 3, 2002
I didn't see Miss Canada or Miss D.R.

Only ones left are Venezuela, Panama, South Africa, Russia and China. China is making a fool out of herself, as are Venezuela and Panama. And South Africa too. Oh right, they all are, I forgot. And Daisy Fuentes too.

Oh, wait, Miss Russia has won. Why am I tearing up? And what is UP with that lame-ass host? First he started to read the question before the other girls had their headsets on, then he stepped on Miss Russia's gown. At the end when he said, "See you next year in Panama!", I thought to myself, "You know as well as I do that your career is finished." I bet that was wrong too about them being in Panama next year - why would they be in Panama if Miss Russia won? Who was that host anyway? All pasty faced and stiff...

Loved, as usual, Marc Anthony. We just got tickets to the upcoming show here in July and they are great seats too. I was fooling around with my credit card...I didn't think there was any room on them...but the transaction went through...Should I laugh or cry?

Last edited:

Meredith

LiVe ThE LiFe YoU iMaGiNeD
Jan 24, 2002
Yeah, what kind of question was, "What makes you blush". That's a hard one! Anyways, I liked Russia and Panama, but Russia one, without even having to speak english! That's a first! INteresting show, all the way, even Canada made it in the top ten! Yeah, Canada!!!!!!

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I had picked Russia and Panama. If China had won I would have sold my TV. Nothing to do with her looks but at the beginning she said she wanted to have her own clothing line, ( like that will help the world.)

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
While I was hoping Miss Canada would win

I didn't really expect her too. Couldn't see why we had a representative of East Indian extract when there are lovely gals of Native Indian extract who may have been a better representation for Canada.......(ok I'm biased, my cousins daughter didn't make it into the Miss Canada finals!!!).
I also didn't agree with the judges on their final decision.....I thought their were other contestants who should have been there in the finals (how do these judges REALLY make thier choice anyway!) Glad Miss China didn't win.....that would have been a real shame altho' it was nice to see China be represented for the first time.

gonzaga

Mar 19, 2002
MommC.........Your quote!

Couldn't see why we had a representative of East Indian extract when there are lovely gals of Native Indian extract who may have been a better representation for Canada.......

I certainly agree with you on this one, who to represent our great country, Canada, better than one of many, beautiful Native Indian Princess.:disappoin

Jane J.

ditz
Jan 3, 2002
I don't think the judges should be looking at ethnic representation. The East Indian is just as Canadian as any of the others!

Meredith

Jan 24, 2002
Miss. Canada represents what Canada is about. MULTICULTURALISM! And the acceptance of other cultures.

Fred

Feb 20, 2002
Universe

I noticed when watching the show that none of the top five contestants were African looking.

Some of the most beautiful contestants were from Senegal, US Virgin Islands. Not even close in the top five. Too bad.

Racists undertones, I wonder?

D

Dubld

Yes-I agree with that observation, as well after watching the swimsuit competition, I noticing that the women who were more toned and muscular such as Miss USA, Miss Canada as well, were given lesser scores and would never get the crown. Isn't being fit and strong something we should value?

Guess the judging hasn't caught up with the rest of the world. I suppose the premise for the competition is out of date as well.

Meredith

Jan 24, 2002
Yeah and who picks those judges. I mean Ethan from survivor, he doesn't know anything about miss. universe. Some of the others were kinda iffy too.

Theresa

Vettehead from Buckhead
Jan 16, 2002
Ahh.. I think it was rigged. I don't know any other reason why Miss Russia would win, I had a hard time understanding that gown she was wearing, looked like a deflated pop up tent. Miss Venezuela had a sexy yet sophisticated gown. And the swimsuit contest, Miss Russia was unproportionate with the hip bones sticking out and got a score way higher than the others. haha let me be the judge, Ethan from survivor? Are you serious, I guess I missed that part.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I thought she had forgotten her evening gown and wore the bed sheet. You know like a toga party. She does have a beautiful face though. Of course they're rigged. Didn't Russia just get into the united nations? Anyway, I don't like watching theses things for the politics but I did last night because a friend of mine wanted me to see some of her country Puerto Rico.

pascal

Jan 14, 2002
slightly confused

Tina ,

If a French judge was involved , miss Canada would have won the prize !!!! :)