Nomar Garciaparra

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
Does anyone know if this Red Sox player has any link to the DR? I know he was born and raised in the US, but friends of ours argue that his family is from the DR. Anyone know for sure and can post a link to back it up?

Thanks!

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
Ramon

Nomar's father - Ramon (nomar spelled backward) is of Mexican heritage, mom is from California.

Janice

Jan 12, 2002
Nomar

The only "personal" information I know of regarding Nomar is that the VP of operations at Milwaukee had his position terminated for passing him over in 91', one of the dumbest moves in baseball, but passing on Nomar was predictable (Hey, I have to be a little sarcastic each day)

I just read one of Nomar's sites, Trina you can forget obtaining a pair of his underwear, he NEVER changes the boxers he wears, apparently one of if not the most superstitious in the game

Janice with her daily dose of sarcasm

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
I just read one of Nomar's sites, Trina you can forget obtaining a pair of his underwear, he NEVER changes the boxers he wears, apparently one of if not the most superstitious in the game

Thanks for feeling the need to post that little tidbit of knowledge, but the only underwear I'm interested in are my husband's.

Janice

Jan 12, 2002
Well thank you Trina, enjoy hubby's undies

For informing us of your happiness with your husbands underwear.

At least Nomar is a National figure who people may have an interest in his superstitions, your husband's underwear are of dubious interest to anyone but you. So as for feeling the "need," there you go again, did't take you long, eh!

Janice, in kind reply

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Why would anyone be interested in any "known"

figures' underwear? Whether a sports figure,actor,politician etc!
Sounds kinda deranged to me! The only interest I have in underwear of any kind is to make sure the "used" ones go in the wash and the clean ones go in the underwear drawer!!

Just my personal opinion of course! Nothing "factual" or "scientific" about it!

Janice

Jan 12, 2002
Very 'factual" Mom

Hoping not to rile you again, that is a "factual" part of Nomar's psyche and beliefs as a public figure. would you like the link to the site that posted this?

I don't mean to infer you should be interested, but it is "factual". I realize the need to try and prove me wrong, and to support your fellow Canadian, but again you end up....?

Janice, trying to be cheerful and understand the "needs" of certain people

Ouch, I goofed. that wasn't a comment that my post was not factual, but a disclaimer by you, my apology.

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Maybe a reading comprehension course would help!

Do they still have those available at universities? Or does no one really care anymore?

Janice

Jan 12, 2002
Actually Mommy

You don't refer to what it is you are discussing when you say "nothing scientific or factual" so it could be construed as criticism of my post or yours, I have no comprehension problem with properly worded posts

You see Mommy, one must demonstrate a functional level of reading and writing ability to enter one of those Universities you hate so much, and a Degree from an accredited University is not something you "simply hang on the wall," it is recognition of years of hard work and sacrifice.

Janice

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
As Rob would say.............

Gimme a break!

I do know the difference of paragraphs in composing a reply!

I have nothing against universities or colleges either (tho' for the life of me I can't figure out why they have both in the US when they apparently teach the same thing or at least that's what has been explained to me by my nieces and nephews.)
I paid a very nice sum of money for my sons to attend.

However I fail to understand what any of this has to do with this thread! Perhaps Janice can enlighten me?

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
BTW, thanks Cleef!

I informed my husband's friends that I think he could be of Mexican heritage, but couldn't find it anywhere on the web. Is there a website that links his family to Mexico?

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
Not sure

I only know this from following his career at Georgia Tech and then through the Boston system. I'm sure there is something out there on his lineage but I'd hate to get caught reading about his underwear.

He's far and away my favorite professional athlete and should be anyone's. He's a class act all the way around.

Also a fervent follower of World Cup soccer - he's been getting up at these ungodly hours to watch most of the games.

I believe he dates Mia Hamm as well.

What the hell am I talking about?

I'm worse than you blabbering idiots talking about his underwear. You ladies need to get off your respective soapboxes and get another hobby besides verbal pissing contests.

Not you Trina, just the notorious thread hijackers.

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
T'weren't me......my original post was a comment related to his underwear!

Still can't understand what a big deal that was?????
Many sports figures are very superstitious aren't they?
Has he always been?
You might try asking Janice where she got that tidbit if you can't find the site with a search. She did say it was from one of his sites do I would assume he has more than one.

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
Cleef

I agree, I really enjoy watching him. With all the big-name baseball players, he sometimes gets lost in the shuffle, but always shines when they need him to. I read that he almost tried out for a pro soccer player, and likes to play football, as well. Many (including myself) could only dream of being such a well-rounded athlete.

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
All around

I have the ultimate confidence he could play professional soccer. He played all through High School and was probably all-state (Ca.) in that as well.

He's the most team oriented superstar I've ever witnessed. He truly has no recognition of personal statistics and has continually reprimanded reporters who've asked him about personal bests/hitting streaks/batting average......telling them "listen, I don't pay any attention to that, I don't care so don't ask me about it, got it?"

I love that.

Above and beyond that he's a key figure in the Jimmy Fund (cancer research in the NE area) and also the lead (team) spokesman in Prostate Cancer research. He devotes a large share of his own time in promoting these good causes.

As a role model, he's on a level with very very few.

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
Thanks for the info, Cleef. And MommC, thanks for this site...it's one I haven't come across yet.