• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Should we have a new moderated forum covering the following:

Knowledge of the history, life, and culture, as well
as being a space to debates current events related to the Dominican Republic.

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
A ha!

I am the first one to vote! Do I get a Scooby cookie for that?

I am all for that Rob. Some discussions have no place in any of the forums and even the Travel, Business, Living and Legal get disrrupted once in a while.

NoMoreSnow

Apr 10, 2002
Yes Yes Yes

A place to learn about the DR is invaluable to people like myself who are functionally illiterate in the Spanish language...

CES

Jan 1, 2002
* New Forum *

"Should we have a new moderated forum covering the following:

Knowledge of the history, life, and culture, as well as being a space to debates current events
related to the Dominican Republic."

Yes Robert, a "moderated forum" is a good idea and it's something that I've always supported.

regards,

. . . CES

NoMoreSnow

Apr 10, 2002
Ballot Counting

Rob how are the votes being counted .... there are only 4 responses and when I click "view results" there are 13 votes, 12 yes and 1 no.

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
But just because there are only 4 people that respond to the post, it doesn't mean others didn't vote.

Okay, I am spending WAY too much time here today.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
This is a wonderful idea!!!!Robert

That way some people(and you know who we are!) who look at the OPEN FORUM as a place to make childish personal attacks on one another,won,t disturb those who have valuable information to share. I would like to "nominate";"TGiF" as the moderator, he "knows everything",and appears to have a lot of "Free Time"on his hands.That is if he can stop his personal attacks on me.!"CRISSY"colon!indeed!

Tgf

Jan 3, 2002
Why thank you Criss...

how kind of you to nominate me. Really, I don't have the time to be moderator. I'm just on a short two week hiatus until the work pace increases again. You obviously have all the time in the world, perhaps you should be moderator, but I understand if this type of forum is not to your taste. I promise I'll be kind and considerate to you in the future. I know your motto is "Do unto others....."

Robert, I'm all for the idea.

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
I voted no.

I see nothing that the new fourm could add that isn't already covered by the other fourms. It will just lead to longer search times.
Also I am 100% against the use of the moderator!

Tony C.

El Jefe

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
"Knowledge of the history, life, and culture, as well As being a space to debates current events related to the Dominican Republic."

I voted NO simply because of the debate wording. If this new forum was to become a debate haven for current events it would end up like the open forum which I love but defeats some of the reasoning for having this separate forum.

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Hopefully the "debates" part will be separate

from the knowledge of history, life,culture section.
Otherwise, the overabundance of "wise" guys will just "muck it up" as usual.

Tony C

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.sfmreport.com
Any fourm that is for the discussion of Life and Culture in the DR will have to include topics such as Class Divison, Chopoism, Sex, prostitution and Sankies. So how would this new fourm be different than the open Fourm?
It wasn't too long ago that DR1 posted news about Viacreme! Would that mean that any thread started about Viacreme in the DR be in this new fourm? It is part of life and culture in the DR!
Sorry I fail to see the logic of this proposed new fourm. I see it as a place for people who think they are more intelligent or morally superior to go and pat each other on the back and feel good about themselves.
Just my humble opinion

Tony C.

x_man

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Can I abstain?? hahaha

I won't change my DR1 bookmark ====>
(OPEN .... and let it all hang out)

X.

I know everyting already!!

Meredith

LiVe ThE LiFe YoU iMaGiNeD
Jan 24, 2002
Rob, I miss the old set up already! Too many categories, confused.... don't know where to go!!!!!!!!
I miss old DR1!!!!!!!!!!!!!