France Unconvinced of Jacko Surgery
by: chefman98_1998 (50/M) 02/12/03 09:15 am
Msg: 1591 of 1700
12 recommendations

MICHAEL JACKSON ADMITS PLASTIC SURGERY; FRANCE UNCONVINCED

Chirac Demands More Time for U.N. Face Inspectors

At the United Nations today, U.S. Secretary of State Colin Powell offered
what he called "conclusive proof" that the singer Michael Jackson has had
plastic surgery, but failed to convince France.

In his presentation, Mr. Powell first showed two photos of Mr. Jackson,
taken in 1979 and 2003, to illustrate the dramatic transformation of the
singer's face from human to Halloween mask.

As Security Council members watched intently, Mr. Powell then played a
tape of a recent court appearance by Mr. Jackson, during which the tip of
his nose appeared to fall from his face and onto the floor.

Finally, Mr. Powell played a tape of the ABC program "20/20" in which Mr.
Jackson admitted he had plastic surgery, after which a visibly frustrated
Mr. Powell turned to the ambassador from France and said, "How much more
freaking proof do you clowns need?"

While the French ambassador did not respond, impassively sipping on a
glass of red wine while reading a book by Camus, later in the day French
President Jacques Chirac had harsh words for Mr. Powell, saying that the
Secretary of State "had proved nothing."

President Chirac added that the United Nations should grant its official
face inspection team more time to look at Mr. Jackson's head to determine
whether the singer had plastic surgery or not.

In related news, President Chirac said the U.S. had failed to show
convincing proof that Jennifer Lopez has a big ass.

jose?to

The thread finally snapped...
Jun 19, 2002
jazzcom...

Jazzcom,

Your posts on France are just popping up all over the place. Why don't you drop your own agenda for a while.

-Jose?to

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Re: jazzcom...

jose?to said:
Jazzcom,

Your posts on France are just popping up all over the place. Why don't you drop your own agenda for a while.

-Jose?to

It was a joke in the clown bin. Evidently it got a little close to home for you and now you are whining AGAIN.

Why don't you drop your agenda and if you have nothing to add to my thread don't post. Your post is completely uncalled for and you are rude.

Regards

jose?to

Jun 19, 2002
So, I'm rude, huh? Hmmm...that's ironic, for those were the owners' own words when he posted a note to me. How does your sycophantic self feel now? That's a heart-breaker, isn't it?

-Jose?to

Last edited:

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
joseito, did you come to this board because of an interest in the Dominican Republic, or because you were bored and looking for something to occupy your time? I am hard pressed to remember any post of yours that answered someone's factual question about the DR or that provided information of general interest to those of us whose reason for being on this board is an interest in the DR and a desire to be of service to those trying to learn more about this country.

jose?to

Jun 19, 2002
Ken...

First of all, thanks for asking.

Now, let me add that quite a few posters have e-mailed me about info I have provided to them via PM, phone calls and the like. I just don't brag too much. Or do you think you and your minions are the ultimate authority in all things Dominican?

But enough about me. It is clear that I'm not welcomed by your little clan, nor do I want to be, and it's also clear that most of you lack a sense of humor.

My answer is sincere. But if your motives for asking weren't, then it's OK, too, for I'm an adult. I can handle it.

-Jose?to
Do all you guys sport mullets?

Last edited:

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
As I said before Ken,its not about comunication,

its about being noticed! This guy is like cow shit in the pasture,no matter where you want to step,there he is! Nothing to do but call attention to himself and complain!! What the hell is he doing playing tag with "Jazzcom" in the first place? Pay no mind,they come and they go ,just like herpes,he will be gone in a few days.He has brobably infected 100s of sites before he found us!CRIS

Indie

Bronze
Nov 15, 2002
JOSEITO CAN FIGHT HIS OWN BATTLES...

And I don't need to defend him, but I'm going to anyway, because I want to, and because I can.

You buddies stick up for one another and support each other whenever you go through your many tirades and diatribes, and while that goes on within your tight little cliquish clan some look the other way, and nobody complains for a looong time. Therefore, this should work for ME, and don't pretend you don't see the connection:

Ken, you were one and the first of two regulars who took the time to politely welcome me to DR1. As I've stated before, I rarely, if ever, forget kindness shown to me, so I'll be kind to you in return by omitting any harshness from my tone in response to these, your words:
I am hard pressed to remember any post of yours that answered someone's factual question about the DR or that provided information of general interest to those of us whose reason for being on this board is an interest in the DR and a desire to be of service to those trying to learn more about this country.
If that is true, then you haven't been reading, trying, or paying attention. But maybe the real reason you can't remember any of Jose?to's relevant contributions here is because you've spent so much time criticizing, disapproving and disagreeing with Jose?to's posts.

I, Ken, personally think it's fine to question authority, disagree and have different perspectives, especially in a public forum. So if you and I can do it, why can't Jose?to have the same courtesies, rights and privileges extended to him? Is he harassing anyone here? Did he threaten anyone? Did he insult anyone's mother?

Criss Colon, YOU followed Jose?to and I into a thread in the debates forum, then YOU ran out of the debates forum because YOU couldn't take the heat there, and because YOU weren't equipped with the necessary intellectual brawn and relevant information to partake with, and YOU knew it, and then YOU went complaining and whining to Ken in HIS "Song of the Humpback Whale" thread about HIS "Milk-and-Cookies-Kinder-Gentler-Boring" forum, and how YOU didn't enjoy the fact that insults weren't allowed there, blah, blah, blah, and you even sent ME a few unsolicited PMs, and now YOU have the gall to post this "about" Jose?to here:
its about being noticed! This guy is like cow shit in the pasture,no matter where you want to step,there he is! Nothing to do but call attention to himself and complain!!
NOW WHAT DID I TELL YOU ABOUT (NOT) PRACTICING WHAT YOU PREACH, BOY??!! Those people are called HYPOCRITES, Criss!! Hey, Criss, I hear there's another thread out there called, "PEOPLE IN GLASS HOUSES...", maybe YOU'D like to join in THERE, too!

Jazzcom, I can't speak for him, but I really don't think Jose?to is trying to impress you. Anyway, I really enjoy reading everything you post about France and the French here on the Dominican Republic related DR1 message boards, so please, do keep on posting about France and the French here on the Dominican Republic related DR1 message boards, even if it's "only a joke in the clown bin." I'm sure few would mind. I also don't think you and I have virtually met yet, so let me say, "Je suis tr?s cont?nte de faire v?tre connaissance." Regards.

-Indie
Happy Valentine's Day, Jose?to.:laugh:

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
You are a rude person as well as your boyfriend if you are in fact two people. If you aren't the same person I find it hard to believe that you have no understanding of what is right and wrong.

I posted a joke in the joke bin and you type all this bs?

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Indie said:

Ken, you were one and the first of two regulars who took the time to politely welcome me to DR1. As I've stated before, I rarely, if ever, forget kindness shown to me, so I'll be kind to you in return by omitting any harshness from my tone in response to these, your words: If that is true, then you haven't been reading, trying, or paying attention. But maybe the real reason you can't remember any of Jose?to's relevant contributions here is because you've spent so much time criticizing, disapproving and disagreeing with Jose?to's posts.

I, Ken, personally think it's fine to question authority, disagree and have different perspectives, especially in a public forum. So if you and I can do it, why can't Jose?to have the same courtesies, rights and privileges extended to him? Is he harassing anyone here? Did he threaten anyone? Did he insult anyone's mother?

Thanks for taking it easy on me, Indie. I meant what I wrote, and I still am hard pressed. My question was not specific to the thread it was posted in. It was a question that I have been wanting to ask for some time, and it just happened that I posted it in this thread.

It isn't that I can't remember joseito's posts, it is that it seems to me the overwhelming majority of them had something to do with supporting the Democrat point of view, putting down Republicans in general and George Bush in particular, repartee with Criss or one of the other posters, or criticism of something said by a poster. If I had the time, I would do an analysis of his posts, confident that I would prove myself right.

Some of us are here primarily to help and or learn, and engage in the horseplay occasionally for diversion while waiting for more serious matters to address. Others seem to be here for different reasons.

jose?to

Jun 19, 2002
KEN...

I'll be brief.

I have seen your type of questions before: "Have you helped anyone here?"

You count Criss's posts and analyze them, if time permits it, and come back to me. Do the same for golo's posts, Tony C's, jazzman's, or any other prolific poster. Most of these "experts" in all things Dominican can really push the keys on the keyboard!
A typical reply from them goes like this: "I have done this; that; paid this much tax; lived in half of the world's countries, but have visited the other half; had these many women, and can get any woman I want; drive this fast car, and what you done, Joselittle?" Admit it, Ken, it's all about what they have. The sad part is that there are some ladies here that look up to these individuals. I used to think it was intimidation, but it's even more perverse than that. They actually like it. THEY know who they are.

As far as providing someone with specific answers to specific questions, well, what's the point? Some of these "experts" will surely reply with, "So and so, fulano y mengano, have 1000+ years combined in the DR....they know better." So, in order to avoid that--and the implication of being a show-off--it is far better to answer them via other methods. There are exceptions.

By the way, I like the France joke. I've decided to learn the language and possibly visit in the not-too-distant future.

-Jose?to
MamIndie's faithful chulo chulo

andy a

Bronze
Feb 23, 2002
Is "frog" a hate crime ?

Actually, I'm not prejudiced against the French - this is strictly for entertainment only - DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME. - Andy
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

French military
history:
Gallic Wars - Lost. In
a war whose ending foreshadows
the next 2000 years of
French history,
France is conquered by of all
things,
an
Italian.

- Hundred Years War -
Mostly lost, saved at last by
female schizophrenic who
inadvertently creates The First Rule of
French
Warfare;
"France's armies are victorious only when not led by a
Frenchman."

-Italian Wars - Lost.
France becomes the first and
only country to ever
lose
two wars when fighting
Italians.

- Wars of Religion -
France goes 0-5-4 against the
Huguenots

- Thirty Years War -
France is technically not a
participant, but manages
to
get invaded anyway. Claims a tie on
the basis that eventually the other participants started ignoring her.

- War of Devolution -
Tied. Frenchmen take to wearing
red flowerpots as chapeaux.

-The Dutch War -
Tied

-War of the
Augsburg League/King William's
War/French
and Indian War Lost,
but claimed as a tie. Three ties in a
row induces
deluded Frogophiles the world over to label the period as the
height of French
military
power.

-War of the Spanish
Succession - Lost. The War also
gave the French their
first taste of a
Marlborough , which they have
loved
every
since.

- American Revolution
- In a move that will become quite familiar to future
Americans,
France claims a win even though the
English colonists saw far more action. This is later known as "de Gaulle
Syndrome", and leads to the Second Rule of French Warfare; "
France only wins when
America does most of the
fighting."

- French Revolution -
Won, primarily due the fact that
the opponent was
also
French.

- The Napoleonic Wars
- Lost. Temporary victories
(remember the First Rule!) due to leadership of a Corsican, who
ended up being no
match for a British footwear
designer.

- The Franco-Prussian
War - Lost. Germany first
plays
the role of drunk
Frat
boy to
France 's ugly girl home alone on a
Saturday
night.

- World War I - Tied
and on the way to losing, France
is saved by the
United
States
Thousands of French women find out what it's
like to not only sleep
with a winner, but one who doesn't
call her
"Fraulein." Sadly, widespread
use of condoms by American forces
forestalls any
improvement in the French bloodline.

-World War II - Lost.
Conquered French liberated by
the
United
States and
Britain just as they finish learning the
Horst Wessel
Song.

- War in
Indochina - Lost. French forces
plead
sickness, take to bed
with
the Dien
Bien Flu

- Algerian Rebellion -
Lost. Loss marks the first
defeat of a western
army
by a Non-Turkic Muslim force since
the Crusades, and
produces the First
Rule
of Muslim Warfare; "We can always
beat the French."
This rule is identical
to the First Rules of the Italians,
Russians, Germans,
English, Dutch,
Spanish, Vietnamese and Esquimaux.

- War on Terrorism -
France
keeping in mind its
recent history, surrenders
to Germans and Muslims just to be
safe. Attempts to
surrender to Vietnamese ambassador fail after he takes refuge in a
McDonald's.

The question for any
country silly enough to count on
the French should not
be "Can we count on the French?",
but rather "How long
until
France
collapses?"

jose?to

Jun 19, 2002
What is it about a beautiful, sophisticated and cultural country like France that brings so much vitriol from Americans?

Well, I'm coming up with a list, titled, "You might hate France if..."

-Jose?to
Impeach little g.w. Bush

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
BOYS - I don't see what the problem is! We're all here to debate, right? Although maybe not in the Clown Bin but Jazzcom, your joke generated some reactions and that's what happened.

Jose?to for me is a valuable member of DR1. He puts across his points of view with humour, insight, and without taking himself too seriously. The fact that he supports the left-of-centre agenda and likes winding up the other side is no different from what our friends on the right do here, all the time, and not always with the same wit and sophistication. I would ask you to re-read Indie's post (JOSEITO CAN FIGHT HIS OWN BATTLES) because she hits the nail on the head!

Quote: '...it's fine to question authority, disagree and have different perspectives, especially in a public forum. So if you and I can do it, why can't Jose?to have the same courtesies, rights and privileges extended to him?' end quote.

Also, who isn't here to be noticed? What are we doing if not trying to provoke debate, counter-opinions or whatever?

I can tell that some people are more discreet than others when giving out information. Like Jose?to I also use PMs when I have some information that most posters have heard a million times before, rather than showing off my knowledge on the boards. In some cases it smacks of exhibitionism, rather than a genuine desire to help, in my opinion.

Finally, anyone who knows France knows that they hate the 'yanks' as much as the 'yanks' hate the 'frogs'! (quote marks to indicate that I don't endorse either of these terms).

Chiri (not quite a 'Brit')

Last edited:

Indie

Bronze
Nov 15, 2002
jazzcom...

I don't care WHAT you think of me, but for your information, Jose?to and I are two different people. And here's MY understanding of what being "right and wrong" is about: YOU can post jokes and start threads about France and the French and Jose?to disagrees and posts his comments, but Jose?to can't post with the same democratic authority about his own political beliefs or views before YOU and "the family" get YOUR tighty whiteys all bunched up (ALL puns intended). That's just plain RUDE and WRONG, jazzcom, and I find it hard to believe that YOU have no understanding of this.

Call all my typing bs if you like, but you and I both know this isn't really about a joke you posted in the clown bin. And you know I'm RIGHT.

-Indie
More to the left, Jose?to

Indie

Bronze
Nov 15, 2002
Ken...

You're welcome.
It isn't that I can't remember joseito's posts, it is that it seems to me the overwhelming majority of them had something to do with supporting the Democrat point of view, putting down Republicans in general and George Bush in particular, repartee with Criss or one of the other posters, or criticism of something said by a poster.
And what's so wrong about that? A few others, including myself, also engage in similar activities.

Some of us are here primarily to help and or learn, and engage in the horseplay occasionally for diversion while waiting for more serious matters to address. Others seem to be here for different reasons.
Well, if that's suddenly a problem, then the Powers-That-Be should be watching, policing and reprimanding them as well.

-Indie

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
Indie, for the last time you are just plain rude, hijacking a joke thread and turning it into your political tripe. Enough said, go away and stop trying to be so bothersome.

If you don't think that my post that started this thread is a joke/humorous you don't have the brains you were born with and that is just too bad, must suck being you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.