Barcelo Capella

justme

Oct 3, 2002
Does anyone have any comments on this resort in the Juan Dolio area? I would really appreciate it going to be there April 19 for a week. Thanks
I am also looking for the direct contact info for this resort. Thanks again.

jojocho

Jul 10, 2002
Nice hotel, but ....

the beach where it is located sucks, so you'll have to wallk a bit to find a good spot.

The hotel is located in a good area since there are quite a few bars and restaurants within walking distance. Try Julia's (or is it Giulia's?) on monday nights (live band).

I'm sure MommC will reply any minute now with her opinion since she's a local in the area.

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Gee do I have to?????

First let me say that Guilia's is closed until 28th of April due to the death of Yuda's mother.

Anyone that I know of who has stayed at La Cappella has LOVED it! Providing that you're not a real die hard swimmer as the beach there (like most in the area) has very shallow water. That said the pools are great!! If you really must swim in the sea (as opposed to just getting wet in it to sit in the sun on the beach) you'll have to make the two kilometer hike (or motoconcho/taxi ride) down to the public beach (about 300 ft from where I live) to swim.

Have fun, enjoy a great resort and do get out and about!!

justme

Oct 3, 2002
Thank you

Thanks all,
MommC, shallow water will work just fine this time around since we are traveling with 9 month old twins. Just enough to get wet will do, we always have the pools. I was just really concerned about the resort especially the food, there is a lot of negative reviews out there about this resort which I truly do find hard to believe. I have vistied PP area 3 times and have always loved it expecially the locals. Thanks Again.

Capella

I have been there two years in a row, and had friends there this January/February for their second trip, food was not a problem from their report. The El Batey restaurant was under renovations in early February but should be done by now.
Water is not really a problem but watch for any coral outcrops, wade in do not dive in, not deep less than 4 feet at the reef which you can walk out to.
Too bad Guila's is closed a great spot on Mondays