Viva Airlines/Queen Air = Scam?

duped

May 19, 2003
I have had some people tell me that they think that the Viva Airlines info is all a scam!
Is this true? Can anyone there in the D.R. confirm or dispell this rumor?
Have you seen or heard anything in the press or on TV in the D.R. about Viva Airlines closing a deal with Queen Air?
People want to know if this is a deal real or just an elaborate stock scam.

Thanks.

Duped.

M

Meng

YES

Very elaborate Stock Scam....

Nothing has heard anything about them... No one knows who they are, they have not done any advertising. I mean, just look at the aircraft they are planning on using.... L-1011??? JEEZ... give me a break.

You cannot just start operating an aircraft of this magnitude as a startup airline... THat in my opinion is the dumbest move ever. It is extremely inneficient, and costly to operate. I am willing to bet these people will not even get off the ground.

-Meng

duped

May 19, 2003
Ok then if it be a scam why do the government of the U.S.A. not stop it?
That is why I need to know.
Can scams in USA stock market work and be ok and not be stopped?
Or maybe its is not a scam and is real?
That is why I post question. Has anyone seen news about Viva Airlines and Queen Air deal in the D.R. press or TV?

duped

May 19, 2003
So no one knows any news?
Maybe my friend was right and it is not true.

I don't know if it is true or not.

All, very stange. The USA is the place you can say anything or do anything, funny.

thank you.

aviastar

Bronze
Jan 12, 2003
www.www.www
Ask cara, he is the only one who is close to Viva / Queen Air. In according to everything Queen Air is waiting Hipolito's authorization. Let's wait. L1011 is not the plane they will use to start up. So!

If you have any questions you can visit Queen Air's office in SDQ.

cashsheet

Apr 10, 2003
Aviastar

Yes, I believe the plan was to start with some wet leased 727's from Falcon Air Express. If this is a scam, its a very well put together one. Has the DR government fooled if its a scam, thats for sure.

aviastar

Bronze
Jan 12, 2003
www.www.www
Lan Chile announced their flights SDQ MIA in 1996, so when will they start, and it is still unknown if they will. Queen Air is only waiting for authorization from Hipolito, so let's wait.

cara

Feb 21, 2003
The operation Viva Queen is al ready appruval by dominican goverment, whait for more detail on the news.

Iman Azole

Jun 24, 2003
axgi.ob NOW viva.ob - SCAM

I suspect there is some funny business with Viva Airlines in general. The stock just had a reverse split (not always the best thing for a ligitimate company) and all news of either AUXER GROUP INC or Viva has vanished. (most recent is the financials on June 7). One might be inclined to think that a reverse split and a new stock name might be newsworthy (go figure).
The Viva website has disappeared too.

Hey, this is the new millennium. If you're going to have a multi-million dollar scam, you might as well do a proper job of it - otherwise it just goes to pot and you just get busted.

Reminds me of a story my hairdresser just told me. He has been working in his new shop for six months now and I mentioned that his old place has been closed for a few months. Well, according to him, it seems that the owners sold the place THREE TIMES and are now nowhere to be found. Since this is Miami, one can only presume that they loaded up their saddle bags and headed back to whatever banana republic they came from in the first place, but RICHER.

If it's not a scam, they sure could use a new PR person....

eli

Jun 10, 2003
The Queenair certificate only operated for the period of one and a half months they only wet leased airbus a320 from TMA and flew for the Dec. season, after that all certificates were reevaluated and queen was not one of the new ones. Until up to 3 months ago when auxer popped up in the picture, then and only then did the queenair certificate started to be revived by some member's of CAB son and secretary of JAC so they can sell the certificate at a very reasonable price so everything can fit in place.
They started by trying to renew their 402 exemption with Dot and their was opposition of some sort because when they tried they did not even have a valid Dominican operating certificate at the time.
So every way you look at this venture !IT SMELLS VERY VERY BAD!

avionics

Jan 24, 2003
No scam. You cannot pull a scam when so many government entities are involved. They seem well connected with governments of the DR and Boliva. Falcon Air Express owner. Mr, Dirube owns about 5% of Viva International. Is Falcon Air a scam?

Art2Gecko

Apr 1, 2003
avionics..

How do you know that Dirube of Falcon is one of the restricted owners? Is he the mysterious and elusive "Enterprises D&D ??

wrath481

Jun 27, 2003
Viva had pilots train at Pan Am Academy

I did call Pan Am Flight Academy. Viva had pilots train in the L-1101 flight simulators. NE bolivian has 2 L-1101's.. Perhaps they will fly them soon. I'm hoping!

Also, Janis (their new PR firm) will hopefully let us know where Viva is at now.. Haven't heard a peep from them in quite a while.

eli

Jun 10, 2003
I've just gotten word that Queen air and lan Dom. may get their US D.O.T. authority revoked by the previously mentioned entity, this apparently due to the certification process for these airlines that was followed by the local authorities in the D.R. meaning Civil Aviation.

And by the way it may be true since the F.A.A. is in town.

JMH59

Jun 29, 2003
Eli:

I really think that it is not right to pass unsubstantiated rumors off as facts. In fact, it may even be actionable.

avionics

Jan 24, 2003
Eli most work for a competitor in the DR. FAA has nothing to do with this process in the DR.

eli

Jun 10, 2003
Avionics:

No i don't work for Air Santo Domingo but if i did i would not hide it like most of the people here.

JMH59:

I stand by my words and as you say they may be actionable. well only time will tell.

Avionics again:

The F.A.A. has everything to do with to do with the aviation certification process in the D.R. It's called I.A.S.A. and it was imposed on most latin american countries to prevent their carriers from flying to the states only to favor thier own ailing industry.
Last but most certainly not least, instead of talking about one another among the Dominican carriers, you guys should be helping each other because aside from the competition coming from abroad it's worst from within.

P.S.
Whenever i post an opinion i ask about a carrier or information that i get that's when it comes to carriers, however when it comes to civil aviation authorities i tell it like it is because it's no secret here of the total disregard for due process in the DGAC.

Ed_NYC

May 28, 2003
Meng...

I am willing to bet these people will not even get off the ground.

Meng, unless it is pro-AeroMuerto, you always disagree or have something negative to say. I think VIVI will be flying sooner than what many people think.
Guess what, if I was in Robert Scott's shoes (VIVI CEO), I would only disclose what's necessary for the stock to stay afloat and then come out and smack the chit out of the competition. It is not smart to walk around with your chest all puffed-out telling everyone every single thing that you do and your future plans. Yes, their PR sucks but guess what, it is better than having someone posting and promoting a dead horse for free...

Last edited: