Viva Airlines/Queen Air = Scam?

Apr 26, 2002
Last I checked, flights were cheap and plentiful to all destinations in demand. The DR is well served by foreign airlines, all of whom pay massive fees and taxes to the DR government.

Were there truly a need for a Dominican airline, market forces would push the government in that direction. Right now there is not.

Outside of mindless sentimentality, why should anyone care about whether there is a Dominican airline? Much more so, why should anyone give a flying horse's pompe about another puerqueria pretender like Viva???

dringausa

Oct 18, 2004
Your response is so correct - my apologizes - it seems that with your thought process - and dominicans like you - DR will always remain a cat 2 country with no airline - you are the typical reason that DR will remain a 3rd world country - because of your lack of vision - you rather take time to disgrace someone elses effort to better the country rather then taking the same energy and doing something constructive with it - besides drinking a presidente...... today viva is a scapegoat - tomorrow it will be someone else and there will be a day when you run out of people and countries to blame for your lack of vision.....

avionics

Jan 24, 2003
Would establishing a Carribean Hub in Haiti be better even with the current political situation?

avionics

Jan 24, 2003
On a side note, I heard that the DGAC is in much better shape and was better staffed (replaced management) in the recent past. Any intelligent comment? or just B..

dringausa

Oct 18, 2004
you are so correct - even with Haiti and its political climate - it is still a better place to launch an airline - taxes are lower and they like most countries want an airline. With all the international agencies supporting the rebuilding, the aid for such a start up is stronger. What DR does not realize is that many business owners that once found DR a conducive business environment are looking elsewhere. You can not hold the businesses responsbile for the lack of your Govt ability to run a country and therefore try to tax them to the extent that no business can survive. The only changes that I have seen at the DGAC so far is that no one has started asking for money immediately - they still have absolutely no idea of what to do - looks like alot of Govt favors went into those appointments

avionics

Jan 24, 2003
Favors, maybe. But having new people in place, any new airline(s) should think about moving in quickly before greed starts to build into the new system (if the case)...if the new DGAC management is more ethical new airlines may have more time before "fees" begin increasing...LOL! ;)

avionics

Jan 24, 2003
Who knows, Haiti may get their Category back before the DR does...The OFNAC in Haiti seems very honest and enthusiastic/professional when approached by prospect airlines...The only problem in Haiti at this time seems to be fuel cost. I think Haiti is worth looking into though...

avionics

Jan 24, 2003
My guess is that the DR may eventually get an airline (10-20 years from now) and that at that time they will be able to get enough qualified people and a cleaner government to try to get their category back.

Unless a "real" airline appears "out of nowhere" and allows the DR to show the World (well, the FAA at least) that they can suppervise and enforce their own RAD 121 regulations (oversight) on the new and only airline.

The funny thing is that the people slowing down formation of a true DR airline have the most to gain from it but are too stupid to see the potential of the long term opportunities in exchange for bribes that are minimal to what long term survival would provide them.

Like the egg-loving farmer killing the last chicken on the island so he can have "chicken wings" with his presidente...in exchange for hundreds/thousands of eggs for years to come...

No project management skills watsoever....just looking at how much dough they can get TODAY and don't care about tomorrow! LOL! ;) ;)

Apr 26, 2002
dringausa said:
Your response is so correct - my apologizes.....
You should have left it there.

dringausa said:
... you are the typical reason that DR will remain a 3rd world country - because of your lack of vision - you rather take time to disgrace someone elses effort to better the country rather then taking the same energy and doing something constructive with it - besides drinking a presidente.....
Thank you for acknowledging my absolute power over the country. Indeed, what I say goes here, so watch out or I'll shoot a bolt of lightning out of the sky at you.

It is indeed a shame that "third world" ghettos like Bermuda and Luxembourg don't have their own airlines. Must be their "lack of vision."

dringausa

Oct 18, 2004
thank u for ur absolute intelligent comment - maybe u forgot this airlines
LuxAir - Last time I checked - this airline was not based out of Singapore and definetly not out of DR.

Anyways - please I think they have a rule about intelligent responses so we are not discussing the airlines of bermuda or luxembourg - again trying to have other countries involved or using baseless threats does not create a d.r. airline - just scares them away

Apr 26, 2002
dringausa said:
maybe u forgot this airlines
LuxAir -
Hey, you're right about Luxair. So let's replace Luxembourg with Aruba. Just as wealthy and more in the area anyway.

If you have a good reason why the DR NEEDS an airline other than to show how unthirdworld-like it is, then please let us know. Otherwise ... yaaaaawn.