New SPECIAL $99 Fare To Nyc

777-200

Jan 25, 2004
Continental Has A New Fare Of $99 Ow To Nyc. I Think The War For The Nyc Market Has Started.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
What war is that?

777-200 said:
Continental Has A New Fare Of $99 Ow To Nyc. I Think The War For The Nyc Market Has Started.

It is not that uncommon to see a $200 or so round trip from JFK or EWR to SDQ in the off season as part of web savers etc. I am sure this $99 fare is not full fare unrestricted come and go as you please right? Still it is better than no sale at all if the terms are OK.

777-200

Jan 25, 2004
ricktoronto said:
It is not that uncommon to see a $200 or so round trip from JFK or EWR to SDQ in the off season as part of web savers etc. I am sure this $99 fare is not full fare unrestricted come and go as you please right? Still it is better than no sale at all if the terms are OK.

On what do you base your coment of "is not that uncommon" when this 99 is not common fare for NYC market?. And for your information this is not a web fare. And also for your info AA started this action in response of DL new service. Is this a war or not?.

Please verify the rates to NYC in all recent years before you make a comment about off season fares.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
777-200 said:
On what do you base your coment of "is not that uncommon" when this 99 is not common fare for NYC market?. And for your information this is not a web fare. And also for your info AA started this action in response of DL new service. Is this a war or not?.

Please verify the rates to NYC in all recent years before you make a comment about off season fares.
I have flown as low as 189 RT from NYC to DR. Santiago and Puerto Plata. Hope this helps.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
"I have flown as low as 189 RT from NYC to DR. Santiago and Puerto Plata. Hope this helps." escott

yeah escott is right, I had purchased the same 189 fare in 1986 from JFK to POP. ;)
Anyway, this is a great airfare to NYC but its a hassle to get to NY city from newark airport. I am wondering, how much are the taxes? 130 dollars?
AZB

nystateofmind

Aug 6, 2003
AZB,

Did you say hassle to get to the city from Newark? Maybe Newark in Delaware. Your info is way off base.

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
War, Schmor, usual business

777-200 said:

I gave up trying to read what you actually are asking here but I get offers from AA all the time and they are always promoting JFK and MIA to SDQ and other DR airports at times other than the holidays of course and I have seen $149 R/T from JFK to SDQ which is only $75 each way.

On the assumption you are trying to say this 99 clam offer is a readily available fare without the netsaver type of requirements, I put in a R/T request at www.continental.com for EWR/SDQ leaving 3/6 and returning 3/13 , to allow for two weeks advance booking and Saturday night and it was $390.90 which is not quite $99 each way now is it?

I admit is is a whole $30 better than AA's fare via JFK.

Post some proof, bucko.

777-200

Jan 25, 2004
ricktoronto said:
I gave up trying to read what you actually are asking here but I get offers from AA all the time and they are always promoting JFK and MIA to SDQ and other DR airports at times other than the holidays of course and I have seen $149 R/T from JFK to SDQ which is only $75 each way.

On the assumption you are trying to say this 99 clam offer is a readily available fare without the netsaver type of requirements, I put in a R/T request at www.continental.com for EWR/SDQ leaving 3/6 and returning 3/13 , to allow for two weeks advance booking and Saturday night and it was $390.90 which is not quite $99 each way now is it?

I admit is is a whole $30 better than AA's fare via JFK.

Post some proof, bucko.

I do not have to proof you nothing .. If you know what is travel agent call one and ask for the fare, bucko

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
In short, then, to conclude.......

777-200 said:
I do not have to proof you nothing .. If you know what is travel agent call one and ask for the fare, bucko

...there is no proof. CO certainly has nothing of the sort on the web site. I think another AA basher fails again. Too bad, as I said, cheap fares on AA or US mean cheaper fares for me on AA.

777-200

Jan 25, 2004
ricktoronto said:
...there is no proof. CO certainly has nothing of the sort on the web site. I think another AA basher fails again. Too bad, as I said, cheap fares on AA or US mean cheaper fares for me on AA.

Whatever......... anyway CO is a way better airline than AA and you can not do anything to change it jajajajaja.

I do not have to talk with someone that does not know anything of this business so next time.

Talk to the hand L......

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
777-200 said:

I didn't think Continental flew from JFK or LGA to SDQ. Most of their flights orignate in Newark, NJ. Could you provide more information? I know they do have flights starting im March for about $325 R/T including taxes from Newark. Are these the ones you mean?

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
The best I have gotten from JFK to STI was $189 but I would much rather pay more to fly into POP.The best I have gotten from JFK to POP was $209. These both were AA netsaaver deals. Taxes are generally about $80 more. If I could get flight for $99 plus tax, I would be flying down every 5 or 6 weeks.

Larry

777-200

Jan 25, 2004
Larry said:
The best I have gotten from JFK to STI was $189 but I would much rather pay more to fly into POP.The best I have gotten from JFK to POP was $209. These both were AA netsaaver deals. Taxes are generally about $80 more. If I could get flight for $99 plus tax, I would be flying down every 5 or 6 weeks.

Larry

Ticket Details

One Way

Santo Domingo DO (SDQ) to New York/ Newark Liberty, NJ (EWR)
Depart: Wed., Mar. 10, 2004, 3:20 p.m.

Price Details

1 Adult $99.00
Taxes $78.13
Total Price $177.13

If you want proof here you go.......from COntinental.com $99.00. Taxes $78.13.

Everybody have to remember that in the DR we pay lots of taxes and I was talking about of fares without taxes.

And CO does not fly to JFK and LGA from SDQ but Newark is one of the airports that serve the New York City so if you fly in CO you go to NYC.

johnsr

Bronze
Apr 13, 2002
Larry said:
The best I have gotten from JFK to STI was $189 but I would much rather pay more to fly into POP.The best I have gotten from JFK to POP was $209. These both were AA netsaaver deals. Taxes are generally about $80 more. If I could get flight for $99 plus tax, I would be flying down every 5 or 6 weeks.Larry

Me Too!!!!!
John

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
calm down people

the 99 fare seems reasonable except for the 77 dollar tax. For one way that seems very high

Last edited:

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
My son flew from TO to LRM two weeks ago for $193. Return!

Of course they paid another $206. each in taxes....... :disappoin :disappoin
Too bad taxes are high everywhere!! Otherwise we'd all be flying back and forth more often!

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
OOpps!

Guess I should have made clear that was in Canadian $$$$ which are only worth about .76 US$ so if you were an American living close to Toronto it would be worth your while to fly from TO.