Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wedding Stories

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wedding Stories

At the Dominican Fiesta last month I met Debbie from Debbie's travel and I told her how much I like her idea about having wedding stories on her Website.

So since I'm always looking for different topics to have in this Mars/venus forum, I think we should give it a try. This doesn't have to be about marrying a Dominican but if your Wedding took place in the Dominican Republic.

Wedding Stories:

Did you get married in the DR? We'd like to hear where you got married, how the day went. Did you use the services they offer in a resort ect.

Thank you

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Anna, Around the middle of Oct. I will write a T/R regarding my daughters wedding on Oct.5, and the pre-planning we did. We did read the postings on Debbie’s web site regarding weddings, some of which were very helpful!
    John

Quote Originally Posted by Anna Coniglio
    At the Dominican Fiesta last month I met Debbie from Debbie's travel and I told her how much I like her idea about having wedding stories on her Website.

So since I'm always looking for different topics to have in this Mars/venus forum, I think we should give it a try. This doesn't have to be about marrying a Dominican but if your Wedding took place in the Dominican Republic.

Wedding Stories:

Did you get married in the DR? We'd like to hear where you got married, how the day went. Did you use the services they offer in a resort ect.

Thank you

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

We are getting married in Feb at Casa Marina Reef and would tell all about it.

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

That's great. Looking forward to the stories. Will be a nice change of pace.

Thanks

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Weddings

Hi Anna, I was married at Coral Hamaca in April of 2003, some of my family from Pittsburgh came with me and my husband was from San Pedro and about 15 of his family came to the wedding.. we were married at sunset on the beach under a beautiful white tent set up by the hotel, they have a wedding package that included flowers and beautiful chairs under the tent and provided a cake, they had a photographer on the resort and after the ceremony we had dinner for everyone in the seafood restaraunt that was over the water. It was a very romantic day, and my husband arrived here in the states about 5 months after the wedding, has gotten a good job and is adjusting to american culture and I am adjusting to smelling dominican food in my kitchen...haha....oh, and for those of you that may wonder, he worked in annimation when I met him and we celebrated our 1 year anniversary this april and things are still going strong.....so not all long distance/dominican men/annimation worker stories end in a disaster, you just have to be ready to work at it and smart enough to see through alot of the bull.....but I wanted to say the Coral Hamaca in Boca Chica has a wonderful wedding package and beautiful areas to hold the ceremony, and the wedding coordinators at the hotel are wonderful, professional and great to work with. I would highly recommend it...

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

On 10/05/04 Coral by Hilton Marien located in Costa Dorado, Puerto Plata, was where our Daughter was married. We have a time share there and have stayed there about 10 times in the past few years, so we know all the staff quite well.
    I can’t begin to tell you how pleased we were with the wedding services provided by the hotel. In the early stages of planning we had our doubts as we were constantly told “anything you want”. Our wedding planner Florangle Bueno was correct; we got everything we wanted plus more!
    The wedding went great, the day was beautiful, and our guests (22 from US and 13 from DR) had a good time and enjoyed the festivities.
    Reception was held in the convention center and the staff did a fantastic job of decorating the room with vegetable carvings and enough flowers to fill the room with a tropical atmosphere!
    There are many pictures posted in the Media Sect.
    John (Proud Dad)

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Talking You can have a nice wedding real cheap in the DR

Total cost was about $1500 US

My pictures are up at www.twincactus.com if anyone wants to see them. Comments and questions are welcomed.

-Tim

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by twincactus
    Total cost was about $1500 US

My pictures are up at www.twincactus.com if anyone wants to see them. Comments and questions are welcomed.

-Tim
    You two seem really in love!!! Very nice photos. How long were you two together before you got married, may I ask?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas1973
    You two seem really in love!!! Very nice photos. How long were you two together before you got married, may I ask?
    Great photo's !! Thanks for posting them. Looks like a good time was had by all. I have some posted (webshots) photos of our daughters wedding, the address is http://community.webshots.com/album/198784396IbuuqH [/B] Copy and Paste
    John
    Last edited by johnsr; 11-22-2004 at 06:04 PM.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up Thanks guys!

Vegas1973,

Yes, we are very much in love. And we break all the rules they put here in the forum. We met online in the spring of this year and were married on September. It wasn't long, but sometimes you just know. We knew we were made for each other. She will be here in the states (hopefully) sometime this spring. I love her so much!

Thanks for the nice comments!

-Tim

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast