what expects dominican men of their women

Status
Not open for further replies.

chica

Feb 9, 2004
Hi,

I'm just curious to find out what DR men find most importent.

Are the women just need for th children and do the laundry an cooking or do they have also something to tell.

I heard women there are not allowed to go out alone.
Is that true?

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
The response you will get from most expats (foreigners living in DR) is not a true answer. They only know hookers or cheap chopa girls who go anywhere with anyone.
Now I live in santiago and let me tell you, things work differently here.
A decent girl from a better class family is only allowed to go to university and back home. she is allowed to have a steady boyfriend who is approved by the family. He comes to the house and is allowed to take her out. Some times she can't be allowed to go out alone so a little sister or a cousin is sent with her. She is expected to come back home at an agreed time. These girls have strict schedules. They just can't bring home guys from anywhere. These girls have to live by strict family rules. You will not see these girls on the streets looking for a bola (lift from strangers). These girls are completely kept hidden from tigres (street-wise guys). Now these girls are allowed to go partying in their friends / family houses or dance clubs. They usually go out in groups and stay in a group. They go to spend weekends in hotels with family and friends.
All I am trying to say is that these girls are well protected.
Of course many foreigners think that only 5% of the population is like this. Wrong, depends where you live, if you live in resort towns (puerto plata, sosua, boca chica) then 95% of the population is poor and women are loose. They will go with anyone. The foreigners don't know the real dominicans.
AZB

chica

Feb 9, 2004
Thanks for your answer now i understand .

But what with the other girls when they get married.

Talking about no hookers but just women whit a normal life.

Are their things they must do to pleasure their man.
I heard its also not allowed to ask where he's going when he goes out.

Its hard to believe for a European woman;

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
I want to add my two cents.

If a man tells you " that's how we do it in the DR" it means that's how HE wants it. So if that is unexceptable to you than you should not be in this kind of relationship. If he wants a women that doesn't make him accountable for his actions then let him find someone else.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Married domincian women from decent class have all the luxury that you folks enjoy in developed countries. However I must admit that most married men go out alone and their wives stay home alone with kids or visit their family. Dominican women spend time spending their husband's money on food, clothes and most of all, in beauty salons. They are all pressured to stay fit and attractive 24/7. The competition is very strong among women so each woman has to stay fit in order to keep her husband's attention to herself only. Many young couples go out together always but many guys roam the clubs and discos alone or with other girlfriends. This is very common in DR because there are so many beautiful girls around who are willing to accomodate any eligible decent classy male. There aren't too many eligible decent educated classy males in DR in comparison to the number of single women so naturally women try to steal the best guy in their site from his girlfriend or wife. men do fool around in alarming rate so thats why so many men prefer to go out alone. They always reserve sundays for the family but thrusday through saturday is boys night out.
AZB

prismaspeck

Aug 29, 2004
oh boy

This is just disturbing...maybe i live in a bubble or something (i am an overprotected girl)....but does it mean that just because a girl is poor she's loose???...I've been to Sosua and i know the situation there is very very bad with the prostitutes and all....but i also know some girls that come from very poor backgrouds that get to college and have to work really really hard to get there...and the one's that i've met are really good serious girls. I also know some of those "good" society girls and i know many many many of them are just a pure act and have their parents and most people fooled. I also know many good girls who where just so overprotected that when they got to college, and the freedom it gives you, that they just went completely wild(no matter what he background).

So don't go around with stereotipes....it just depends on the education one is given at home but personality is a big deal...for some people it doesen't matter what their family taught them.

it seems AZB is around many trophy wives and shallow high society women that only go to college to get a degree but then don't work ever. Yeah...i know there are many women like that but there are also smart women who make a difference in this country, who don't just spend their lives in a gym and a beauty salon

And chica...those guys who don't allow their women to ask them where they are going,even though there are many...i would never marry one of them because a guy like that is just not thoughtful and is just thinking about his own pleasure and not about his family.

Last edited:

DominicanScotty

On Vacation!
Jun 12, 2004
AZB said:
The response you will get from most expats (foreigners living in DR) is not a true answer. They only know hookers or cheap chopa girls who go anywhere with anyone.
Now I live in santiago and let me tell you, things work differently here.
A decent girl from a better class family is only allowed to go to university and back home. she is allowed to have a steady boyfriend who is approved by the family. He comes to the house and is allowed to take her out. Some times she can't be allowed to go out alone so a little sister or a cousin is sent with her. She is expected to come back home at an agreed time. These girls have strict schedules. They just can't bring home guys from anywhere. These girls have to live by strict family rules. You will not see these girls on the streets looking for a bola (lift from strangers). These girls are completely kept hidden from tigres (street-wise guys). Now these girls are allowed to go partying in their friends / family houses or dance clubs. They usually go out in groups and stay in a group. They go to spend weekends in hotels with family and friends.
All I am trying to say is that these girls are well protected.
Of course many foreigners think that only 5% of the population is like this. Wrong, depends where you live, if you live in resort towns (puerto plata, sosua, boca chica) then 95% of the population is poor and women are loose. They will go with anyone. The foreigners don't know the real dominicans.
AZB

You are correct! The chances of finding a decent girl in a tourist area is about the same as winning power ball lottery. The chances of a foreigner finding a woman from a strict decent family isn't much better. The truth here is that if the Dominicans are well off then they don't need a gringo for anything. Sorry guys if I busted your bubble, those so called "nice girls" hanging out in those tourist areas are only out for one thing and it has a picture of Pablo Duarte on it. However, go out to the campo and meet the people there. There you will find serious decent Dominican women. Once again, if you think you are going to just visit once or twice and start sleeping with these women you are sincerely mistaken. These women are seriously protected by their families. If you are a serious guy and want to meet a serious woman then figure that these things will take time. Good luck!

mackhard

Sep 20, 2002
DominicanScotty said:
You are correct! The chances of finding a decent girl in a tourist area is about the same as winning power ball lottery. The chances of a foreigner finding a woman from a strict decent family isn't much better. The truth here is that if the Dominicans are well off then they don't need a gringo for anything. Sorry guys if I busted your bubble, those so called "nice girls" hanging out in those tourist areas are only out for one thing and it has a picture of Pablo Duarte on it. However, go out to the campo and meet the people there. There you will find serious decent Dominican women. Once again, if you think you are going to just visit once or twice and start sleeping with these women you are sincerely mistaken. These women are seriously protected by their families. If you are a serious guy and want to meet a serious woman then figure that these things will take time. Good luck![/QUOTE

The kind of girls you can get in DR is the same as any place else

If in the United States the only chicks you can mentally and money)click with are project or trailerparkhoes
don't expect to go to another country and date a princess

If you are use to dating top of the line puss- than the DR is definitly a small fish to fry when it comes to those so called good girls from decent families

If you are comfortable in the Hamptons, Santiago shouldnt be any problem :smoke:

prismaspeck

Aug 29, 2004
funny

If you've only dated bad women then don't go saying all women are bad...maybe you're looking in the wrong places. If you expect to fall in love at a bar you're in for a very unplesant surprise.

By the way it seem to me you're only talking about women to have fun with (to just sleep with them) then stop trying to look for the good one's because they won't give you what you want.

prismaspeck

Aug 29, 2004
ERICKXSON said:
everybody should learn from experience and AZB has it all, he has spoken for a million years.

Yeah...of course he has expirience...he's acient. :cheeky:

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
prismaspeck said:
Yeah...of course he has expirience...he's acient. :cheeky:
Live and learn from our experiences. Life is tough and when you are stupid, its even tougher. Keep up your fantasies, soon you will realize that life is not a soap opera.
By the way, I am only 41. I date girls younger than you and far more prettier. Want to compare your foto with one of my average girls?
AZB

prismaspeck

Aug 29, 2004
lucky them

It seems to me they are very masochistic.

Oh...I hate soap operas...i prefer real theater.

You're girls might be prettier maybe, but they probably don't have much on their brains (i bet you must love that)...Me i choose quality over money any day.

what are they 15?...in any case that's statutory rape man.

Yeah 41's not old (though i'd never date anybody more than 7 years older than me) but when a man that age can't commit, there's something really wrong with him.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
prismaspeck said:
It seems to me they are very masochistic.

Oh...I hate soap operas...i prefer real theater.

You're girls might be prettier maybe, but they probably don't have much on their brains (i bet you must love that)...Me i choose quality over money any day.

what are they 15?...in any case that's statutory rape man.

Yeah 41's not old (though i'd never date anybody more than 7 years older than me) but when a man that age can't commit, there's something really wrong with him.
If you are so pretty and intelligent, not to mention, quality girl, then why are you still single? No man is good enough for you in this country? What happened to your long distance love affair? I bet the moment he got to know you up close, he ran like a wild horse. Ever thought you maybe in the wrong country? Try your luck in sweden or maybe norway, I hear the men speak minimum 3 languages (very intelligent) and eat with their mouth closed. I also hear the women there are so cold that no man can even imagine cheating on their wives. You will fit right in there, like a glove.
Good luck in finding your prince. I will go ahead and enjoy my weekend.
AZB

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
prismaspeck said:

When I read things like this I just shake my head.

Larry

prismaspeck

Aug 29, 2004
AZB said:
If you are so pretty and intelligent, not to mention, quality girl, then why are you still single? No man is good enough for you in this country? What happened to your long distance love affair? I bet the moment he got to know you up close, he ran like a wild horse. Ever thought you maybe in the wrong country? Try your luck in sweden or maybe norway, I hear the men speak minimum 3 languages (very intelligent) and eat with their mouth closed. I also hear the women there are so cold that no man can even imagine cheating on their wives. You will fit right in there, like a glove.
Good luck in finding your prince. I will go ahead and enjoy my weekend.
AZB

All I know is that I'm picky and I'm not about to give my youth to someone who won't appreciate me and my quirks. My ex is still very much my best friend wich he was even before we dated so he knew me very well, so he knew what he was getting into, he's just too far away now (studying) and a relationship just doesn't work so well over the phone.

Oh and I'm not cold, when I'm in love with someone I get to be the biggest softie (somtimes i't scary how much)...I just give my affection to those who deserve it, I don't give it away like candy all around. I also wouldn't like to Norway because I hate cold weather DR's just fine, but I'm getting tired of meeting the same type of a$$^073 who thinks just because he has money and he invites me out he's entitled to have sex with me...that's why I don't accept any invitations unless I know the intention. But I'm not going to get into the different types of men.

I'm single because i'm still not over the guy and I feel I'm not ready to see anyone else just yet.

But why am I really discussing my personal life with you?...you're a lost case already, too much prejudice has gone into your brain and you're cynicism doesn't let you fall in love with anyone so when you hear people talk about it you just have to insult them.

DRInMySoul

Aug 30, 2004
prismaspeck said:
This is just disturbing...maybe i live in a bubble or something (i am an overprotected girl)....but does it mean that just because a girl is poor she's loose???...I've been to Sosua and i know the situation there is very very bad with the prostitutes and all....but i also know some girls that come from very poor backgrouds that get to college and have to work really really hard to get there...and the one's that i've met are really good serious girls. I also know some of those "good" society girls and i know many many many of them are just a pure act and have their parents and most people fooled. I also know many good girls who where just so overprotected that when they got to college, and the freedom it gives you, that they just went completely wild(no matter what he background).

i've seen this happen way too many times....

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
ERICKXSON said:
hey Smart A.s.s. they only way you can gain knowledge is by living life.
Erickxson, forget it my man, she is another bimbo who will learn the meaning of life the hard way. A typical woman who sees everything through soap opera glasses. She is the typical kind who will fall for a guy who is a complete ***. An arrogant guy who doesn't need her as a girlfriend. She will be all over him to seek is attention. Then she will come out hurt in the end, a perfect victim, all the more reasons to hate men all over the world. You see she is arrogant and thinks she is better than most dominican girls around her (read her past post where she talks about girls "without brains... quality over quantity" etc). The truth is she is frustrated to see all the slim hot shot girls around her who always have dates every weekends while all she does is watch TV, go out with other miserable friends like her (most likely girls uglier than herself to stand tall as one eyes queen among the blinds). She thinks she is better than the rest is because she lived in USA and speaks english like the gringos. Then she wonders, if she is so smart, intelligent, classy and A1 quality, then why is it that she attracts cheap studs all over and never a classy guy??? Why is it that those classy Jevitos choose to go out with the slim model like dominicans???? Hahahahah. Get my drift?
Do you know what "come mierda" means??? Yes, thats what they call you behind your back. We have seen plenty of girls like you come and go in this country. You will never feel comfortable here, you belong in USA.
AZB

Status
Not open for further replies.