Boca de Yuma

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Mido,

I have not made note of a hotel in Boca de Yuma or nearby San Rafael del Yuma. This not to say there isn't one. Boca de Yuma, as you indicate, is a "fishing village" with some restaurants and bars on the waterfront. It has some great scenic views of the ocean from its cliffs. The nearest known hotels are in Hig?ey.

Regards,
PJT

ggn420

Brain Doner
Apr 21, 2005
East Baby East

Escott said:
Where the heck is Boca de Yuma?
Escott, I can't beleive that you said that??? You know everything else about the DR. We have to get some of you white *** boys from the north coast out east to see what the other part of the DR is like....I have to laugh, when someone posts an inquiry on Punta Cana or anything out east, I seem to be one of few to reply.When you come out I will give you the grande tourismo of the area and maybe educate you a little so next time you will know the answer.

ggn420

Brain Doner
Apr 21, 2005
mido said:
Boca de Yuma is a small fishing village between Bayahibe and Punta Cana.
and a very nice one at that....been there numerous times, but only for the day or passing through, can't help on the hotels....

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
ggn420 said:
Escott, I can't beleive that you said that??? You know everything else about the DR. We have to get some of you white *** boys from the north coast out east to see what the other part of the DR is like....I have to laugh, when someone posts an inquiry on Punta Cana or anything out east, I seem to be one of few to reply.When you come out I will give you the grande tourismo of the area and maybe educate you a little so next time you will know the answer.
I have been to Bayahibe and Altos de Chavon which was real kewl. Punta Cana is for people that just don't know any better so I will take a pass on staying there although I drove there once and then turned around.

The east at one point looked like Kansas. It was flat and boring. I use to tell people "You ain't in Kansas anymore" when in the DR until I went up towards Punta Cana. No more. Not all that interesting. Pedenales looked more interesting than Punta Cana. Heck the OUTBACK probably looks more interesting.

Nothing in Punta Cana except a little ghetto for the workers and then you have the AI's. Thanks but I will pass. Ai's are NOT for me. I have some self respect left!

I may have been to most of the places you have in this country but I will catch up with you!

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Boca de Yuma is a beautiful place to visit!

We often go just for the day.
It's a bit of a challenge to get to the beach but that's part of the fun!
The little restaurant near the top of the trail that leads to the harbour makes the best fish and tostones I have eaten.
Don't know of any hotels there but there are hotels in Higuey......

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
BdY was hit hard by Hurricane Georges (98), and one of the hotels on the seafront (the one with the natural pool was no longer functioning when I last visited, a couple of years ago. It may have recovered since. There was also an Italian-run place with a restaurant and accommodation on the hill as you drive into the town. No idea if it's still there.

Kaki

Sep 18, 2005
Updated information?

Can anybody update the Boca de Yuma accommodation status? Sorry if there's more info here somewhere. This is what I got in reply to my search! If there's a thread elsewhere, can you please provide a link?

Thanks so much!

Kaki

BPL888

Sep 7, 2004
Viejo Pirata

I stayed there last March in a very nice small hotel called Viejo Pirata( old pirate). Search this website and you will find several posts and the phone number. Beautiful place but a little slow during the week.

Feb 7, 2007
There is a small and nice hotel just off the beach (err... cliff) in Boca de Yuma. It has a pool, A/C rooms, TVs, a restaurant, nice patio, etc.

I don't know the name, maybe the Viejo Pirata hotel mentioned by the poster above. It was about 1500 pesos pe rnight last time I asked.

Boca de Yuma beachfront is not that long, so if you ask about, you will be steered in the right direction.

Try to visit Boca de Yuma on Saturdays and Sundays, as during the week the place is a dead spot.

On weekends you can have a beer or rum or whiskey in a terazza on a beachfront overlooking the sea, dance to bachata and merengue rhytms, and eat a fried fish just brought in by the fisherman from the high seas.

Kaki

Sep 18, 2005
It appears the Pirata is the place. I wish there were more written about it somewhere, anywhere. No pictures? Do the proprietors speak English? I don't blame them if they don't, but I sadly don't have phone conversant Spanish. In one place that mentioned the Pirata, it said it was closed. I guess that's not true.

Since last I wrote, I'm thinking more about doing this as a day foray instead of an overnight. And sadly I'm roped into going on a Wednesday. Since I was headed there for the views anyway, it's no great loss that there won't be dancing and a nightlife though. Every time I drive past the turn off, I want to go and see what's at the end of the road! Maybe I'll do that now and then stay there in the future. Thanks everybody for the info!

Kaki

EugenieDavid

Jan 28, 2008
I have seen in another link here in Dr1 that there is a hotel called pirata or viejo pairata and have two numbers but haven't checked them out yet.... 809 355 3365 or 809 449 5987. We want to go there soon so will update if/when we get back, LOL!