World Cup 2006 Go England

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emma22

Jun 13, 2006
"Those Brits" aren't that bad. The UK combines 4 countries: England (who all will no doubt be familiar with), Scotland (My sister now lives there), N. Ireland and Wales. Between these countries there is rivalry - as a Welsh person we love nothing better than playing England...BUT as Wales didn't qualify I'll be 100% behind England (lived in that beautiful (yet "the enemy") country for 10 years before I returned to Wales!!)...we are divided yet "together" and I sure as Hell celebrated when England won tonight as did many others in Cardiff (the Capital City of Wales). The Brits aren't that bad as (despite certain groups of Brits going abroad and being loud and rude and giving a label to us all in doing so!!!) we are able to put rivalry aside and support each other when it comes to competitions such as the World Cup. "GO ON ENGLAND!!!!" I say from the heart of Wales that is Cardiff!!!!! :)
Emma

Emma22

Jun 13, 2006
Excuse my explanations there but seems nobody in the US (anywhere else for that matter!!) seen to acknowledge the UK - thinking it ALL England!! NOOOOOOOOOOOO! We are countries united - that's the point!! ;-)

LouWigan

May 14, 2006
Love the pics - imagine that x 10 and that was the pub we were in last night, covered in beer when we scored!

Out in Greece for some of the later games, if we're still in fingers crossed, hoping for similar scenes there!

Nice to see the welsh supporting us, pity the scots can't do the same!

qgrande

Bronze
Jul 27, 2005
Emma22 said:
"Those Brits" aren't that bad. The UK combines 4 countries: England (who all will no doubt be familiar with), Scotland (My sister now lives there), N. Ireland and Wales. Between these countries there is rivalry - as a Welsh person we love nothing better than playing England...BUT as Wales didn't qualify I'll be 100% behind England (lived in that beautiful (yet "the enemy") country for 10 years before I returned to Wales!!)...we are divided yet "together" and I sure as Hell celebrated when England won tonight as did many others in Cardiff (the Capital City of Wales). The Brits aren't that bad as (despite certain groups of Brits going abroad and being loud and rude and giving a label to us all in doing so!!!) we are able to put rivalry aside and support each other when it comes to competitions such as the World Cup. "GO ON ENGLAND!!!!" I say from the heart of Wales that is Cardiff!!!!! :)
Emma
Haha, it's not always that peaceful between the nations of the UK; I was in Cardiff during the 2003 Rugby World Cup, and when Wales played against England, oh boy... .
You live in a very beautiful country by the way, Wales is wonderful!

Emma22

Jun 13, 2006
LOL!!!! GOT to say that Wales hardly thrive at much and Rugby is our national game...I fly my dragon high come the "nations" but when we're out of a competition??? - NO fun less "thy respect thy neighbour"!!!;) I will support Scotland too on they're mission...but honestly? England v Scotland? ENGLAND for me all the way as I lived there a decade and have never set foot in Scotland. I lived in Wiltshire - for you Brits that know it: Is indeed BEAUTIFUL!!!!! NOW back in sunny (at the moment!) Cardiff and English flags flew today in victory!!!;) ;) ;) (Though some added a Welsh flag too for good measure!!) LOL!!!!!!!!! Emma

Emma22

Jun 13, 2006
...supporting Scotland as in "their quest to rank high enough"...least the Welsh KNOW they won't...

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Emma22 said:
Excuse my explanations there but seems nobody in the US (anywhere else for that matter!!) seen to acknowledge the UK - thinking it ALL England!! NOOOOOOOOOOOO! We are countries united - that's the point!! ;-)
I was more misinformed than that, I thought the British Isles were part of the UK. Whoops.

Emma22

Jun 13, 2006
...My sister informs me that in pubs in Scotland they "mute" the English national anthem at the beginning of English game....OH! now that's what I call "bitter"! Better luck next time Scotland! Emma ;-)

Emma22

Jun 13, 2006
Looking at those photo's - is it only the English supporters that are sporting their "lucky red pants" in the DR or are groups from other countries out celebrating their country qualifying too? - Must be heaven watching your country compete in a warm climate sipping a cool beer!!! I'm rather jealous (though I wouldn't go as far as flashing my lucky pants!!) LOL! Emma ;-)

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Emma22 said:
Looking at those photo's - is it only the English supporters that are sporting their "lucky red pants" in the DR or are groups from other countries out celebrating their country qualifying too? - Must be heaven watching your country compete in a warm climate sipping a cool beer!!! I'm rather jealous (though I wouldn't go as far as flashing my lucky pants!!) LOL! Emma ;-)
(Sure you would) LOL. BTW, Those photo links don't work any more. I asked Rob to change them. He probably will when he has the time. I will be posting the pics from next Tuesday's game. Should be better quality as I will use my wife's camera. Looking forward to England's strategy as Germany will be playing in the morning. I don't think England are quite ready for Germany right now. Anxious to see if England will "Win-Loose-Draw". Ideal scenario: England v Germany in final.

Emma22

Jun 13, 2006
Thinking England v Germany would make a very exciting match...I fancy Brazil will get to the final though. Look forward to new pics! :) Emma

NachoMan

Feb 19, 2006
With all due respect, England hasn't got much of a team... really

Great palyers.. sure, Great team ? no way.

BTW, I'm Argentinean, so you can imagine that I can't hold back my excitement after the 6-0 against Serbia & Montenegro...

Hopefully we'll meet Brazil at the finals, and set the story straight :)

N.

NachoMan

Feb 19, 2006
Agreed, but Brazil is still Brazil...

Time will tell. I hope they get to the finals, so that we can teach them who is their daddy.. :)

Riquelme, Messi, Tevez, Saviola, Aimar, Sorin... can't go wrong (I hope) with that roster.

N.

easygoin

Bronze
Jan 2, 2005
BRASIL... their timing is off and seems to not play with desire? But they're going to the second round and I believe they will gel.;)

NachoMan

Feb 19, 2006
luzcace, do you know something we don't ? AFAIK, Argentina could meet Brazil in the finals... check your fixture one more time.

N.

Status
Not open for further replies.