Hotels in Juan Dolio for a team of 30 people

I am American, and live in NY State. I also live in San Pedro de Macoris. In 2007, I will be supervising a team of teenagers and adults from Florida on a trip to the DR. They will be doing short term mission type projects in the San Pedro area, and also playing baseball against teams in San Pedro and Santo Domingo. They would like to stay in either Boca Chica or Juan Dolio. I think Juan Dolio is the better choice for them. Before we had our own apartment in San Pedro, we used to stay at the Hotel Metro in JD. I realize that the Metro is no longer a hotel. Since I am no longer up to speed on hotels in JD, can someone suggest the names of decent hotels for 25-30 people (12-15 rooms) in JD? The team is planning this trip for June, 2007, and I will also be in the DR in January, on a planning trip.
MommC is a friend. She suggested some hotels to me, but she also suggested that I post something here because she isn't in JD yet. Thanks!

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
My suggestion would be the Colonial tropical. It is just opposite the beach and a small hotel with I think 30-40 rooms around a pool. it is 4 star, and , I think the nicest hotel in Juan Dolio. You also can choose your meal plan - don't have to be all inclusive, and have access to the beach at the 5 star Capella over the road. it is also in the centre of Juan Dolio.

matilda

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
off topic

matilda, i am so happy you are still alive!
let us know how does your electrical odyssey unfold....

STEVE G.

Bronze
Apr 2, 2006
community.webshots.com

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Excellent suggestion Matilda.....and one I missed.
Any way of getting contact info for Steve???
I'm sure he'd appreciate it so he can make some calls before I get there.
You can PM him directly or PM me and I'll get the info to him.
Thanks.....

chiquittabanana

Feb 11, 2004
Colonial

Mikey,

I am looking at my bill from AMEX I arrived on Friday August 25-27 it was 4,950.00 Pesos to a total of 171.85 Canadian for me and my daugther.

So about 70 bcks US/night. We got this rate off their web site on the net.

CB

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
I'm sure for a group of 30 they'd give a better rate.......
After all, when in the DR one must 'bargain'!

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
I can get it cheaper for you as I know th owner. let me know what meal plan you would like - breakfast, breakfast and dinner or 3 meals a day, or if you want all inclusive. You can pm me if you like and I will get you a rate.