Moving to Los Conucos and looking forward to meet DR1ers

P

pedroA

Will be relocating to Los Conucos next month - finally - after many months of planning. Looking forward to settle down (the house is almost ready). Have been many times over the last 20 years (a few weeks and months at a time) but now it's a permanent move. Looking forward to return to Juan Dolio and hoping to meet MommC, Steve G and other DR1ers. I have been a regular reader of DR1 over the years (even if I did not post that much) and hope to have the opportunity to meet everyone in person, in the south, north and everywhere in between. Estoy segura que la vida sera muy buena. Hasta pronto!!

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Enhorabuena! (for some reason HB seems to think I needed to look that one up????)
When you get moved it make sure to drop in to Casablanca for coffee in the morning or late afternoon (you'll usually find PapaTony there in the morning and both of us in the afternoon).
Also stop in to see Dunhill in his office at Plaza Oasis (corner for the turnoff to Los Conucos at the autopista) and arrange for your wireless. He knows where to find me......

Don Juan

Living Brain Donor
Dec 5, 2003
Congratulations Sr. Pedro. This is something I've been dreaming about for many years. Hoping to finalised my dealings here in US to try to "make the move" by the end of '08 or so.
Perhaps some day we could meet!... Where are you moving from and where's Los Conucos?

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Los Conucos is about 2 kms from Juan Dolio, due north, in the 'campo' beside Guavaberry Golf and Country Club.
A real, honest to goodness Dominican pueblo!

Don Juan

Living Brain Donor
Dec 5, 2003
Thank you Mommc. I looked it up in my DR map. It seems to be well-situated near great beaches and San Pedro.
Tell me, do you live nearby? is this your favorite part of the island? If so, would you know what land is selling for in your area? I don't mean solares/lots, I mean acreage. and how's the land? fertile, rocky, dry? What mayor crops grow there? Gracias.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
The land is coral and not particularly fertile unless you go more inland. The main crop around here is sugar and as you go further east there are more cattle. Don't know of much land for sale re acreage but no doubt there is some east of San pedro or north of Los Conocos. Most of the land round here is being bought up for real estate.

P

pedroA

Los Conucos .. soon

Enhorabuena! (for some reason HB seems to think I needed to look that one up????)
When you get moved it make sure to drop in to Casablanca for coffee in the morning or late afternoon (you'll usually find PapaTony there in the morning and both of us in the afternoon).
Also stop in to see Dunhill in his office at Plaza Oasis (corner for the turnoff to Los Conucos at the autopista) and arrange for your wireless. He knows where to find me......
Thanks for your good words MommC. Looking forward to meet you and PapaTony. Hope his health is getting better... best wishes. MommC, we have exchanged emails in the past, my name is Celyne (from Montreal), I have been using my husband's username on this forum (sorry for the confusion). Yes, I will go to Dunhill for internet access - are you using wireless or satellite connexion??

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
I use wireless from Dunhill.....much easier for me that way.
Yes I remember you....actually just deleted your email about my Punta Garza pic's the other day.
Will be nice to meet in person.....maybe I'd best plan a welcoming party.
There are DR1'ers in the neighbourhood that I haven't met yet either!! :)