A Flower

2LeftFeet

Bronze
Dec 1, 2006
When I was in Las Galeras I saw a very pretty flower. It grew on a vine--my father said it looked like a potato vine. The flower was yellow- lily like- with red thingys inside. It hung over like a bell. Not bell shaped but cupped over like a bell. It was blooming in January. The vine was over a fence.

I have a picture on my other computer. I have no idea how to upload it.

Any ideas before I attempt this monsterous uploading feat!!??--scary thought. ---I don't think my computer is going to let me upload anything.--though

Thanks

2LF

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
When I was in Las Galeras I saw a very pretty flower. It grew on a vine--my father said it looked like a potato vine. The flower was yellow- lily like- with red thingys inside. It hung over like a bell. Not bell shaped but cupped over like a bell. It was blooming in January. The vine was over a fence.

Any ideas before I attempt this monsterous uploading feat!!??--scary thought. ---I don't think my computer is going to let me upload anything.--though

Thanks

2LF
Go to Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket and join (you will not get garbage mail), go to "my album" then click "browse" to locate the pic you want, then click "upload".
After uploading it, go to the pic and find the code beneath it, titled IMG code, click on the code itself to make it go blue, right click on it to copy then paste into your post.
Hit preview to see how your post would appear, before actually posting it, then if all is well, post it.
Please take note that if the pic is too big, it will be broader than an ordinary page and have a slidebar and be inconvenient to manipulate that thread.
Reducing the size of the pic before uploading it to Photobucket will resolve this problem.,
A pic can easily be made smaller with "Paint".
If you need instructions on how to do so, please advise.
57892288_339d5c965c500x375.jpg

Andy B

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
www.elmarinique.com
Hi 2 Left Feet,
Sounds like a member of the squash family. We've eaten the gourds off this vine (?) as we've had several grow around the hotel. They sort of look like a melon with the consistancy of spaghetti squash. There are a number of squash that grow in the DR with many pretty blooms on them.

2LeftFeet

Bronze
Dec 1, 2006
No, Rocky that's not it--though it's very pretty. The red thingies are like beads or pods hanging down. They are in the flower. They don't hang below the flower.

I'll have to download it.

Thanks for the instructions

2lf

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
It's a hibiscus. By the way, did you know they're edible?

are you serious, and all those times in the DR I could have had a snack and didn't know it??? :cheeky: You are referring to the flower we call "sangre de cristo" right? I don't want to poison myself. lol :ermm: I think I rather just look at them.

Last edited:

2LeftFeet

Bronze
Dec 1, 2006
I think that Andy is right. I think that it is a squash flower. I'm doing this from memory. But from what I remember it sort of had the texture or a zucchini flower.

2LeftFeet

Bronze
Dec 1, 2006
It has that texture . It was smaller. With little red thingies instead of the yellow thingies--notice the proper terminology :).

I have never seen one in the US. Not that I am well squash rounded. What is grown locally there??

We're getting closer!!

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
can someone verify, are all kinds of squash flowers edible?
I know Mexicans and Italians do a few dishes with the squash flowers.

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
Weed!

Now you're talking (and, probably smoking...;-), nothing embarassing about cannabis flowers....

2i792j9.jpg

MommC

On Vacation!
Mar 2, 2002
dr1.com
Squash flowers....mmmmmmm!
Chop them,mix with egg, garlic and onion(just a touch), a little flour, baking powder, salt, pepper, parmesan cheese and parsley, then fry like a hamburger pattie.....
mmmmmmmmmm,

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006

Thanks

2LF

2LeftFeet,

First, go over to the closet, and change your 2 left feet for the other pair.

You will now have 2 right feet.

Thus doing the download should now be easy as pie. :cheeky: lol

Don SantiagoDR