Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: We got lots of goodies.......

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
    Post Thanks / Like

Default I'll be there soon

Quote Originally Posted by Lambada View Post
    Still have a large bag of soft toys here for you.
    You bet I remembered.
    I'll be by real soon.
    Those kids love the stuffed animals and if I was rich enough, every little girl in Sosua would get one for Christmas.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Awww...you guys, it's amazing and heart warming to see what you are doing.

This year here in Canada I will be helping out at a shelter for xmas eve...

When I am down there next year I hope to be able to get involved somewhere in the DR helping out

Rest in peace Amigo!
    Post Thanks / Like

Rocky, if you remember last December Giselle and I brought two large rolls of wrapping paper and you just happened to be at the airport when we landed.

This year we are not coming to the North Coast until April but when we arrive I have three large rolls of wrapping paper (one red, one blue and one gold - anything but red or blue). We'll give you an early start to the paper drive in April.

Gregg

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by FireGuy View Post
    Rocky, if you remember last December Giselle and I brought two large rolls of wrapping paper and you just happened to be at the airport when we landed.

This year we are not coming to the North Coast until April but when we arrive I have three large rolls of wrapping paper (one red, one blue and one gold - anything but red or blue). We'll give you an early start to the paper drive in April.

Gregg
    Sounds great, Gregg.
    We can never have too much wrapping paper.
    Thanks Dude.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Once again, you have brought tears to my eyes, Rocky!

What you are doing here is what this season is all about - thank you for bringing back the joy of giving.

Your generous heart and overwhelming compassion will hopefully set a standard for all the new ex-pats - but then again - you are a hard act to follow.

Marlie

P.S. don't forget - one of your "lady friends" that makes such a yummy turkey needs a little gift of something on the 29th !!

naturelover

its all looking good .....well done Roxy and the rock chicks

apostropheman

Thumbs up

another fine example of positive things being done by great people!

thanks guys!

(and some bonus reputation points Drro, MerengueDutchie and Rocky for a superior job! )
    Last edited by apostropheman; 12-19-2007 at 10:48 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by marliejaneca View Post
    Once again, you have brought tears to my eyes, Rocky!

What you are doing here is what this season is all about - thank you for bringing back the joy of giving.

Your generous heart and overwhelming compassion will hopefully set a standard for all the new ex-pats - but then again - you are a hard act to follow.

Marlie

P.S. don't forget - one of your "lady friends" that makes such a yummy turkey needs a little gift of something on the 29th !!
    Hey Marlie,
    Thanks for the kind words.
    This might be a good time to mention that several folks have donated to this cause.
    This a difficult time, right now, in light of the 2 storms that devastated some parts of the country, and buying champagne and presents for poor people might seem to be a low priority thing.
    That's part of the reason that we've been quieter than usual about the event.
    That being said, the New Year's Eve mobile party is food for the soul, both for the givers and the recipients.
    I'm sure that some of these kids in the poor barrios not only don't get presents, but I bet you that most of them haven't ever seen a gift wrapped one, and the odds are that their parents have never had a chance to share some good cheer over a few glasses of champagne.
    Only those who have gone out with us, can fully understand what it's like, and they would tell you that it's a magic feeling.
    We might only stop somewhere for 30 minutes, but the feeling lives on for a long long time.
    I hope you can join us one day soon.
    Regards, Marco.

apostropheman

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by apostropheman View Post
    another fine example of positive things being done by great people!

thanks guys!

(and some bonus reputation points Drro, MerengueDutchie and Rocky for a superior job! )
    and for FireGuy, Dafishguy and Lambada!

Mr. Chunky Skin
    Post Thanks / Like

Doing something that comes from the heart, just doesn't get much better.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast