We got lots of goodies.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuvtheDR

Apr 4, 2004
We were at Rocky's yesterday morning when they came back from shopping. As the bags (and bags, and bags) were being carried in - you could just feel the energy rising as everyone gathered around the table to see the goodies!

This will be my 3rd year attending the New Year's bash....and I can't imagine being anywhere else! It really is a great experience - and one that you will never forget!

P.S. Thanks Marlie - hope you get a little gift of something on the 29th too! ;)

Kateinyork

Mar 8, 2007
www.facebook.com
You guys are amazing - you never stop doing things for people. I so wish I could be part of it - and believe me if I ever get the cnance to be there at that time of year I will most definitely be there helping you. I have tears streaming down my face just looking at the pictures and imaging how many kids you'll be making smile this year. You really are all fantastic - keep up the good work!

N

naturelover

Rockismo possum...have you thought about selling reputation points to raise funds im in need of some due to someone giving me bad reputation for my comments on men in shorts lol

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Rockismo possum...have you thought about selling reputation points to raise funds im in need of some due to someone giving me bad reputation for my comments on men in shorts lol
Yikes...
You went red too?
I don't think that I read much of that shorts thread, but will glance at it later.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Dang

I just hijacked my own thread...

So....
Any and all of you who want to join us for the New Year's Eve party and go out into the barrios with presents and champagne, please feel free to come along.
PS: And be sure to be well prepared for some serious drinking.:cheeky:

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
What it's all about.

GiftTime.jpg

InTheBarrios20.jpg

MillionDollarPhoto.jpg

NewYearsEveparty0625.jpg

NewYearsEveparty0680.jpg

Kat1144

Nov 23, 2007
I second Kateinyork's comment .... Bless your hearts and I would love to be there next year helping out. I will shop for wrapping paper and take it to the DR on my next visit. If I win the Fl Lotto I will send containers of toys & clothing every year to make the holidays special for all the children. Many Blessing!! Please post pics. Thank you

Happy Holidays to all!!!

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
Ok Rocky I think I LOVE YOU.

heheh that's so nice and yes that's the first thing I tell people about Dominicans that they are generous and very giving people, "sin hambre" like we say.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I tell people about Dominicans that they are generous and very giving people, "sin hambre" like we say.
That's a fact, M.A.R.
They'll share the very plate of food in front of them, if you're looking hungry.

And the present pack keeps on growing.
Everyday it gets a bit bigger.

DSC00179.jpg

DSC00183.jpg

DSC00253.jpg

DSC00255.jpg

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Just a quick note to say thanks to those who dropped by here and left contributions for the presents.
I don't know who you all are, but I thank you and the kids appreciate it too.
Warmest regards, Marco.

drloca

Silver
Oct 26, 2004
Awesome job to all involved! I almost feel excited at the thought of the smiles on the kids faces as they open their gifts. What truly wonderful work guys....looking forwadr to seeing the pics to follow....

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
And another quick note to say thanks to a gentleman who dropped by here today and left us with really clean computers. He'll know who he is..............;)
And the kiddies thank you from the bottom of their hearts for those wonderful cuddly toys you donated.

ThanksgivingDR107002.jpg

ThanksgivingDR107003-1.jpg

ThanksgivingDR107013.jpg

ThanksgivingDR107015.jpg

ThanksgivingDR107017.jpg

ThanksgivingDR107020.jpg

A

apostropheman

it's always great to see more pics like these and read about the positive, especially in the morning :D thanks for sharing the joy!

N

naturelover

have you thought about having a letterbox for donations around your entrance for those of us that dont want to be seen donating.....it would have to be a cast iron type thing to prevent it disappearing (any old postboxes for sale on e bay)

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
have you thought about having a letterbox for donations around your entrance for those of us that dont want to be seen donating.....it would have to be a cast iron type thing to prevent it disappearing (any old postboxes for sale on e bay)
Hmmmmm.
I must admit I never thought of such a thing.
Let m twirl it around for awhile and see what I can come up with.

Ladybird

Bronze
Dec 15, 2003
dreamteamdownloads1.com
Rocky you probably have your route planned but I just wondered if you could work a little magic if you had any spare toys. Im spent out just distributing the essentials such as food etc, but Ive never seen such abject poverty as in one area where some of the children had only pants and nothing else and I wondered if you could maybe bring a smile to those childrens faces with some Christmas magic with your toys. Happy Christmas and good luck on your rounds

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Rocky you probably have your route planned but I just wondered if you could work a little magic if you had any spare toys. Im spent out just distributing the essentials such as food etc, but Ive never seen such abject poverty as in one area where some of the children had only pants and nothing else and I wondered if you could maybe bring a smile to those childrens faces with some Christmas magic with your toys. Happy Christmas and good luck on your rounds
Which area?

Status
Not open for further replies.