Dominican Most Used Lies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
While reading Robert's "On Foreigners and Integration"
and the original link On foreigners and integration (Poorbuthappy in Colombia!) ,
I came across the "30 most common lies" in Colombia

Las 30 mentiras mas grandes (Poorbuthappy in Colombia!)

Surprise surprise! I could apply them virtually all to the DR!

So, come on, let's discuss the Dominican Most Used Lies
Wouldn't that kind of be denigrating?
I'd rather discuss their good points, like always being smiley or their innate ability to dance, etc.
Not trying to ruin your thread, but it might lead to people making some racist statements, and that would be sad, specially on this day of Christmas.
I know that you're a man of good intentions and I certainly hope I'm not offending you by saying what I just said.
It's just my opinion, nothing more.
Merry Christmas to you and lour lovely lady.

Feb 7, 2007
Rocky, it was meant to be a lighthearted thread. More of an amusement stuff than derogatory one! Certainly not meant to offend Dominicans or anyone else!

And you certainly did not offend me!

A Very Merry Christmas to you from the heart of freezing Europe!

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
A dominican street hustler will always tell you he is "un hombre serio". If you hear that from any dominican just walk away. Its' not even worth arguing the point.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Or, "honestly..." ???????

Lend me five, I'll get it back to you on Friday

There are plenty in the states, or Europe..

In fact just about everywhere....

No darling, you are my first true love....

HB

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
O talvez.....

.......Or "yo no miento (I don't lie)...

Btw: "this" is International.

ANNNNND what about the biggest and MOST used lie of them ALLLLLL:

"Llego en 5 minutos" (I'll be there in 5 minutes).....Wahahahahahahaha!!.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Ah, I forgot another one-
When you call a chica and a guy answers her phone. Ask her who that was and what do they ALL say?...

"Oh, ese es mi primo!!!!";) (Oh, that's my cousin!!!)

Yeah, right!!!:cheeky:

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Si

If you stop someone on the street and ask, do you know where such and such is? Most often they will say "SI", and provide instructions that include a reference that such and such is near this or that when they have no idea at all.

It's not a lie, it is just that they do not like to say "NO".

Regards,
PJT

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
If you stop someone on the street and ask, do you know where such and such is? Most often they will say "SI", and provide instructions that include a reference that such and such is near this or that when they have no idea at all.

It's not a lie, it is just that they do not like to say "NO".

Regards,
PJT
Or more specifically, they don't like to appear stupid, and to say that they don't know is harder for them than the Fonz saying he's sorry.
It's a macho thing.
That being said, I still fear that this thread is going to paint an ugly picture of Dominicans in general and is going to elicit racist remarks.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
When you call a chica and a guy answers her phone. Ask her who that was and what do they ALL say?...

You might specify the type of chica who would do that, because a normal decent Dominicana wouldn't.

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
You might specify the type of chica who would do that, because a normal decent Dominicana wouldn't.

another one here in La Capital...talking to a girl on el conde...how old are you...they all say 18 or 19....
bob

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
La verdad.....

That being said, I still fear that this thread is going to paint an ugly picture of Dominicans in general and is going to elicit racist remarks.
You are absolutely, 1,000% right!!.

ONE reason it WILL happen is because SOME of these people do NOT know how to write "SOME", "A LOT", "MANY", "A FEW" or the NUMERO UNO reason they are basing their generalization: "ALL THE PEOPLE I ASSOCIATE WITH".

TheRock, it does NOT take a Rocket Scientist to know the type of Dominicans SOME (NOTE: SOME) of these people befriend.......THEN, they believe ALLLL Dominicans are like that......

It's like they see the DR through the eyes of those they ASSociate with.

If only they knew the "wonders" one can do when "some", "many", "blah blah blah" are used, ;););)

Last edited:

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004

Did you notice at all the smiley face I put at the end of my post? If any of you read the OPs' link to the "30 mentiras mas grande..." those with a sense of humor can ascertain that it was meant lightheartedly to poke fun.

None of the lies that made the top 30 list are racist in any way shape or form and can be cut and pasted to describe many other cultures to some degree or another.

But say that dominicans are innately better dancers and/or lovers, which to me is racist, and that seems fine. Whatever.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
No te cansa hombre?

You are absolutely, 1,000% right!!.

ONE reason it WILL happen is because SOME of these people do NOT know how to write "SOME", "A LOT", "MANY", "A FEW" or the NUMERO UNO reason they are basing their generalization: "ALL THE PEOPLE I ASSOCIATE WITH".

TheRock, it does NOT take a Rocket Scientist to know the type of Dominicans SOME (NOTE: SOME) of these people befriend.......THEN, they believe ALLLL Dominicans are like that......

It's like they see the DR through the eyes of those they ASSociate with.

If only they knew the "wonders" one can do when "some", "many", "blah blah blah" are used, ;););)

Another lecture from Prof. Miguel on the benefits of befriending better class dominicans? :cheeky:

Or are you just ASSuming that we all ASSociate with chopos?

I guess SOME(viste que estoy aprendiendo? LOL!!!) DR1 members did not get their share of coquito last night-'cause if SOME of you did SOME of you would of woken up a little more relaxed.

Wasn't this thread meant to be tongue-in-cheek? RELAX AND COJELO CON TAKE-IT-EASY, MENG!!!!;)

Feb 7, 2007

Right, in the DR, more often than not, when you hear "primo",
primo = chulo

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
No, solo en mis suenos soy profesor.....

Another lecture from Prof. Miguel on the benefits of befriending better class dominicans? :cheeky:

Or are you just ASSuming that we all ASSociate with chopos?

I guess SOME(viste que estoy aprendiendo? LOL!!!) DR1 members did not get their share of coquito last night-'cause if SOME of you did SOME of you would of woken up a little more relaxed.

Wasn't this thread meant to be tongue-in-cheek? RELAX AND COJELO CON TAKE-IT-EASY, MENG!!!!;)
Hey, it's Mr. Prof. to you...Wahahahaha!.

Your second paragraph is just what I was talking about...NO, I am not ASSuming you "ALL" ASSociate with chopos.....BUT I KNOW for a fact that "MANY" of you guys do!.

Just bacause a thread is "tongue-in-cheek" or "AXX-and-T's", for all I care, people shouldn't be painting the Dominicans they ASSociate with with ALLLLLL Dominicans.

No need for me to take it with "take-it-easy" or "consuavena" because I am very relaxed...Just trying to let SOME of you guys (NOTE: YOU GUYS) know that when you generalize, SOME of us WILL notice it and WILL let you and others know you are generalizing!.....SO others don't think your words are "Gospel".

That's all I am saying.

Btw: Haven't had "coquitos" in ages......Can you send some my way?.....Perhaps it will make me generalize like SOME of you guys do..Wahahaha!.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Si......

Right, in the DR, more often than not, when you hear "primo",
primo = chulo
This is SOOOOOO true.....BUUUUUT:

That "primo/a" comment MOSTLY works when "told" to a foreigners who do NOT live in the DR.

Let them try it with a Dominican living there!!. Ay mi madre, que galleta!!.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Did you notice at all the smiley face I put at the end of my post? If any of you read the OPs' link to the "30 mentiras mas grande..." those with a sense of humor can ascertain that it was meant lightheartedly to poke fun.

None of the lies that made the top 30 list are racist in any way shape or form and can be cut and pasted to describe many other cultures to some degree or another.

But say that dominicans are innately better dancers and/or lovers, which to me is racist, and that seems fine. Whatever.
I was not insinuating that you were or were going to be racist.
No thought entered my mind.
I have a general concern of where this might go.
As for the type of chica, it was just to point out that you were referring to a specific group, not the majority.
Oddly enough, what you find racist, I do not.
To say they are better dancers is merely an observation, andf a true one at that.
To say they are better lovers is subjective.
I would never classify either as racist.
To call them all putas, stupid or thieves, as has been done in the past, to me would be racist.

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
Una mas (cerveza) y nos vamos, yeah right!!!! :ermm:

I've heard the one that says---Solo dejame meter la puntica (puntita)....hahahahahh:cheeky:

Status
Not open for further replies.