Hotter than Hot

Status
Not open for further replies.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
I am having several pages of copy for a web site translated. I wanted to say "Hotter than Hot Party". The girl doing the work translated it to "Una Fiesta Caliente". When I called her attention to it and said that wasn't really what I wanted nor,what I was trying to express, she said she didn't know how to do it another way.

Can anybody help me with this sentence?
I'm trying to get the point across that this is not just a "hot party". It's different, unusual, it's: "A Hotter than Hot Party!"

Thanks in advance

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Hotter than hot:

'Super-caliente' is more idiomatic than the literal translation, or 'ardiente' - burning - is also used in this sense.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Una fiesta "M?s caliente que el diantre!" ...Very common slang for "diablo" the epitome of hot.

HB

Theforceinme

Oct 19, 2007
www.facebook.com
Hmm tough one. I can see why the translator was having trouble.

"M?s caliente que caliente" does not really work, it doesn't work like the comparative hotter.

Super caliente is pretty good, though that just means super hot...

I'm stumped!

You could say: "?Una fiesta m?s caliente que el sol!" which means "Hotter than the sun party"

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
If it is an ad for a Dominican party aimed to Dominican people, you can always say: una fiesta super "encendi'a". It means the same as hotter than hot party.

PICHARDO

One Dominican at a time, please!
May 15, 2003
Santiago de Los 30 Caballeros
When aiming to a broad Spanish audience that goes beyond the borders, you may settle for:

"Un reventon de fiesta!".

They'll all get the message as Hotter than hot party intended in English...

Status
Not open for further replies.