cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
"Performance enhancing substances!"

:eek: Yikes!!!11!!!11 :eek:

2dlight

Bronze
Jun 3, 2004
What are the Dodgers going to do with their recently dedicated Mannytown part of the stadium? Esos locos no aprenden!

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Good grief, que verguenza after LA approved Manny's mammoth contract. I want to believe Manny as it seems incredulous that he could put everything on the line for something for sure that he would be caught, but who knows.

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
sources say he took a sexual substance that caused him to fail the test.

He must have suffered from ED. The substance is banned under the drug policy. They are saying it is not steroids

let's see....

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
50 game suspension....that kind of seals it with a kiss for the Dodgers....Pee Wee and Gil and the Duke and Jackie must be turning over in their graves...

I repeat: 98.5% of all Dominican ballplayers are ignorant, self-centered azzzholes with the intelligence of a worm. They have no family-home training.....

I wish the first Dominicans to reach the Big Leagues would take some ball bats and beat on the heads of these new guys: Ozzie Virgil, any of the Alous, Marichal, Julian Javier, the Olivos...Now those were real people....still are.

Ah Manny, you cudda been somebody!!!

HB

Reactions: mike l

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Are there any recent 50HR Club Members who HAVEN'T been tainted by steroids?

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
As strange as it is this is probably the first time I believe a player when he says he wasn't on steroids. I'm probably wrong, but Manny just doesn't look like he's on steroids...just look at his body. He's also been taking the tests regularly and never failed it, was not part of the Mitchell report, etc...He probably just took some "La Pela". Sammy, Mcgwire, Bonds, etc..,all of those guys you can tell how they went from scrawny to huge, from about 30 home runs a year to 50+. Manny on the other hand has always been fat and still is, has always had the same consistency in batting average, HRs, etc...

What I don't get is how the type of punishment seems so arbitrary and of course Manny's suspension is the longest ever...why? How come the other guys have not been suspended for that long?

I don't know what's worse though the suspension or the revelation that he can't get it up...specially with that hot Brazilian wife of his.

Chris_NJ

Bronze
Dec 17, 2003
What I don't get is how the type of punishment seems so arbitrary and of course Manny's suspension is the longest ever...why? How come the other guys have not been suspended for that long?

I don't know what's worse though the suspension or the revelation that he can't get it up...specially with that hot Brazilian wife of his.

I think 50 games is supposed to be the standard for the first time caught. Although not as high profile Phillies middle reliever J.C. Romero is currently serving a 50 game suspension for a over the counter product bought at GNC that happens to be on the list on banned substances.

Manny supposedly tested positive for HCG (a female fertility drug) that is used to mitigate the side effects of coming off a cycle of steroids. It would be even more disappointing if clean cut Pujols were to test positive.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
Manny was on a woman's fertility drug that produces testerone. it's normally taken after a steriod cycle.
and you're right, Manny's body is similar to Big Sloppy in Boston :laugh:

Mr. Lu

Bronze
Mar 26, 2007

It would be even more disappointing if clean cut Pujols were to test positive.

I am waiting for Big Sloppy and Pujols to be named. Its only a matter of time before the walls cave in.

Forget baseball. NBA players smoke herb and NFL players are roided up the wazzu, but they have never made any bones about it. They don't hide it. We expect it from NFL and NBA players. I expect NFL players to be roided, but the league has never made any bones about it. Moreover, the NFL has had a testing policy in since the 90's, so even their efforts to curtail the spread in their sport has been legitimate. Roids are a part of football. The sport demands it. Baseball? A joke. It'll take generation before this is resolved. Forget Ramirez and Rodriguez and the rest of them, I'll wait until the fall, when the honorable thieves take the field.

Mr. Lu

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
hmmm..that's interesting Pujols distancing himself from his fellow dominicans ?

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
?

Manny on the other hand has always been fat and still is,...

He's not fat, and never has been, not by any stretch of the imagination. He's a gym rat/workout fiend. He wears baggy uniforms and clothes.

His suspension is standard for the offense. He's one of only a handful to be actually caught during the season. Mike Cameron comes to mind, can't remember the others.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Performance-enhancing drugs, like recreational drugs, make a person feel good.

You can be all-natural and watch your body break down as you age or you can feel better(like you used to when you were 18 years old) with steroids and turn back the clock.

Nothing in the world will stem this tide.

You will never eradicate drugs from sport. Not on any level, from the multi-millionaire pro athletes to the high school level to the uber-competitive weekend warrior. It is here to stay, and you will not combat it by browbeating people with an outdated and irrelevant moral code that exists only in reruns of the 1950's television sitcom "Leave It To Beaver".

And the only reason those old school athletes never did steroids is because they weren't a part of the game back then, not because they had more integrity than modern-day players.

xamaicano

Apr 16, 2004
Forget baseball. NBA players smoke herb and NFL players are roided up the wazzu, but they have never made any bones about it.
Mr. Lu

There is a certain romanticism that is attached to baseball in American culture that isn't afforded the other sports. "Boys of summer", "America's pastime", George Will's musinng, yadda yadda yadda.

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
Performance-enhancing drugs, like recreational drugs, make a person feel good.

You can be all-natural and watch your body break down as you age or you can feel better(like you used to when you were 18 years old) with steroids and turn back the clock.

Nothing in the world will stem this tide.

You will never eradicate drugs from sport. Not on any level, from the multi-millionaire pro athletes to the high school level to the uber-competitive weekend warrior. It is here to stay, and you will not combat it by browbeating people with an outdated and irrelevant moral code that exists only in reruns of the 1950's television sitcom "Leave It To Beaver".

And the only reason those old school athletes never did steroids is because they weren't a part of the game back then, not because they had more integrity than modern-day players.

The "Leave It to Beaver" moral code maybe irrelevant, but what really matters here is being slapped with a 7 million plus pay cut. Ouch :surprised