Manny Suspended 50 games!!!

49erman

On Vacation!
Sep 3, 2006

Gelmi-an

Aug 26, 2003
I have read other post of you, and you take pride to call Dominicans scumbags, WTF is wrong with you...

49erman is not here to talk about sports, he is here to bad mouth anything dominican,read all of his posts and you will see. a good ol' fashion TROLL.

Reactions: Tamborista

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Let me make it clear to you. Manny is a by product of the American society. Please, this is not a Dominican issue. Look into yourself.

I have no idea what you're talking about.

Manny Ramirez is a Dominican baseball player.

This section is for discussions on Dominican baseball, which includes Dominicans playing in the major leagues.

Ramirez was born and raised in the DR, just in case you didn't know. He came here when he was 13. He is a product of both societies.

Mr. Lu

Bronze
Mar 26, 2007

I have no idea what you're talking about.

Manny Ramirez is a Dominican baseball player.

This section is for discussions on Dominican baseball, which includes Dominicans playing in the major leagues.

Ramirez was born and raised in the DR, just in case you didn't know. He came here when he was 13. He is a product of both societies.

He's more American than anything, at this point. But he isn't a product of either society, rather a society based on money. Its money. There is a Dominican side to this all, yes. But Ramirez's use of steroids on "American" reasoning i.e "I need to be the best, to get more money. Or to be the best. Or the pressure."

While Dominican drug use here is based on the logic of "Baseball is my only way out, I can't blow it, let me do what I can to make it."

I can see the reasoning here.

Mr. Lu

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
How about we start bashing Barry Bonds, Mark McGwire, Andy Pettite, Jason Giambi, Gary Sheffield, Rick Ankiel, instead of throwing dirt to Dominican ball players and commenting how disgusting their act is.

I don't recall nobody calling Andy Pettite a cheater in his face, of course he is a likable, caucasian, American athlete. He may not be a star now but he was one in the late 90's with the Yankees.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
He's more American than anything, at this point. But he isn't a product of either society, rather a society based on money. Its money. There is a Dominican side to this all, yes. But Ramirez's use of steroids on "American" reasoning i.e "I need to be the best, to get more money. Or to be the best. Or the pressure."

While Dominican drug use here is based on the logic of "Baseball is my only way out, I can't blow it, let me do what I can to make it."

I can see the reasoning here.

Mr. Lu

I understand Mr. Lu, but I think pkaide1 was insinuating something else, which I feel needed to be addressed.

How about we start bashing Barry Bonds, Mark McGwire, Andy Pettite, Jason Giambi, Gary Sheffield, Rick Ankiel, instead of throwing dirt to Dominican ball players and commenting how disgusting their act is.

I don't recall nobody calling Andy Pettite a cheater in his face, of course he is a likable, caucasian, American athlete. He may not be a star now but he was one in the late 90's with the Yankees.

What sort of logic is this when this particular section is dedicated to a particular topic(Dominican baseball and Dominican baseball players) and not of every baseball player in the major leagues?

Does this make the offenses committed by Ramirez, Sosa and A-Rod any less egregious? I don't think so.

Last edited:

49erman

On Vacation!
Sep 3, 2006
49erman is not here to talk about sports, he is here to bad mouth anything dominican,read all of his posts and you will see. a good ol' fashion TROLL.

Not exclusively, and you will notice most of the comments are accurate and correct, whether you like it or not.

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
Bad choice

Feel free to bash them, but it's a Dominican forum.

Pettite came clean, when all things are considered, that's about as good as you can do. He's (apparently) clean now, and still working. Giambi sort of came clean - without pronouncing his usage - but not denying the obvious facts. Both are off the radar. I applaud them for at least being (somewhat) honest.

More than anything, the obvious users that continue with the tact of 'deny, deny....deny till you die', are the biggest idiots and losers in all of this. Hide all you want, but the truth will find you, whether you like it or not.

When you come to the end of your time in this world, your homes, cars - whatever - mean nothing. What really matters is the decisions you made in your life.

As I've said time and again, these guys are in the entertainment business. I wish they'd make steroids legal and get it all over with. The user's will die a horrible death, try to make amends, and they will be left with their decisions in life. I can't imagine a much worse way to go. I don't think anyone - the youth - will learn anything from it unless they see the tragedy that becomes of them in this futile effort to disgrace a sport.

I figure drowning or getting eaten by sharks or alligators to be worse, but I'd imagine knowing you cheated - and lied - to be more worrisome then being taken by nature. I have compassion for them all, but I hope people take notice and decide to live with integrity instead of riches, but that wouldn't be the American way, and this is the American game.

Just my 2 sense.

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
More than anything, the obvious users that continue with the tact of 'deny, deny....deny till you die', are the biggest idiots and losers in all of this. Hide all you want, but the truth will find you, whether you like it or not.

When you come to the end of your time in this world, your homes, cars - whatever - mean nothing. What really matters is the decisions you made in your life.

Could not have said it better.