Dreams punta cana

cubanjunky

Aug 3, 2009
I'm now looking at Dreams in punta cana. It looks very nice but i would like to know what the single rooms are like?I know in some hotels you be given bad rooms facing walls etc.I do like the Dreams hotels and the long beaches.

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Be sure you know which property to which you are referring. There are two Dreams resorts here. Dreams Palm Beach is in the heart of the hotel area of Bavaro Beach while Dreams Punta Cana is quite far North and reasonably isolated.

Gregg

laurajane

Bronze
May 23, 2005
www.thecircusofdreams.com
Dreams Punta Cana is very nice. I go there often and stayed there in July for my daughters 2nd birthday. The rooms are very nice allthough i will say the mattresses are really quite hard, but thats the only complaint.

No wrist bands and no queing up to make reservations for the restaurants, you just go straight in.

Steak reastaurant on the beach very nice and the buffet is also very well done too.

Plenty for children to do if you are travelling with kids, my daughter loved it.

I like it so much i have booked my wedding there next June, so cant be bad eh?

Hope you ahve a great time

P.s be sure to see the Circus of Dreams show on the beach ;)

laurajane

Bronze
May 23, 2005
www.thecircusofdreams.com
Yes the sea is rougher in Uvero Alto (Dreams Punta Cana), but i cant say that really bothered us.
However i presume that all Dreams resorts are run the same i.e no wrist bands and not having to make dinner reservation i expect.

I have been to Dreams Palm Beach (Cabeza del Toro) and it is very nice allthough i have not stayed there. I will say that there is a little more to do there than the other Dreams as there are a few little shops and so on near by and Mikes Marina fishing charter if you are so inclined. Also Animal Park (which is a rip off in my opinion!!!)

I do not think Dreams Punta Cana have single rooms only single occupancy, we stayed in the basic deluxe room, no frills and we had a king size four poster bed, DVD player, sofa, full bathroom, mini bar and room service.

Either way you will have the pleasure of seeing "The Circus of Dreams" show at either resort...Lucky you!! ;)

cubanjunky

Aug 3, 2009
How rough??I like to swim but not with too many waves.It just isnt easy to pick the right place and hotel..of course everybody has a different opinion.I'm only looking for a lovely beach..and not a noisy hotel..

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
totally agree with LauraJane.
if you want to swim without too big waves you should consider the Dreams Palm Beach over the Dreams Punta Cana.
the Dreams Punta Cana has a nice prepared Beach area but the beach is very often red and black flagged due to too rough shore conditions for swimmers.
at the Dreams Palm Beach you would face the opposite, here you need to do a detailed search to find a real wave, ha ha, it is a completely closed and by a pure natural reef protected calm bay.

LauraJane,
even that they are my neighbours,
yeap, i see that animal park also as something i would not highly recommend, lol.
here in Cabeza de Toro is the base for the Marinarium Excursion, Sportfishing, you have some shops on the beach and you can dare to walk to town over the beach and grab a cold one at a local Colmado, absolutely safe to do so btw.
distance from the PUJ Intl Airport just a quick 15 minutes ride, no stops at other hotels to drop off passengers on the bus, 5 minutes from the 2 golf courses of the neighboured Catalonia Resort, all different in Punta Cana/Bavaro existing Excursions also pick up their customers down here.
the Dreams Palm Beach is a very reasonable priced mid-class resort, well worth the bucks IMO.
Mike

RavenOnCa

Oct 11, 2006
www.ontariobowhunter.ca
http://www.ontariobowhunter.ca/personal/websitealbums/dpc2009/

http://www.ontariobowhunter.ca/personal/websitealbums/dpb2009/

The above link will take you to both Dreams pictures, as we stayed at both this past January.

Beach is FAR superior at Palm Beach. Water was so choppy at DPC we couldnt even go it without high waves. DPB has more to offer as well, as there is the local village nearby as well as a couple little shopping shops. DPC only had one little store in the plaze about 1/4 mile away, kind of isolated from the rest of the world.

Restaurants in both are great, food good, no issues.
DPB is in much better shape IMO than the one at DPC
Staff and amenities are a little better at DPB as well, least I think so.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Last edited by a moderator:

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
index.html Go to photo page

The above link will take you to both Dreams pictures, as we stayed at both this past January.

Beach is FAR superior at Palm Beach. Water was so choppy at DPC we couldnt even go it without high waves. DPB has more to offer as well, as there is the local village nearby as well as a couple little shopping shops. DPC only had one little store in the plaze about 1/4 mile away, kind of isolated from the rest of the world.

Restaurants in both are great, food good, no issues.
DPB is in much better shape IMO than the one at DPC
Staff and amenities are a little better at DPB as well, least I think so.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.

Hi Wilf,

Another nick to get used to - LOL.

Gregg

Rap1978

Sep 10, 2008
I stayed at the Dreams Punta Cana last summer. Very nice place to stay and not having to make reservations for dinner was a plus. The only thing I didn't like about the beach was the coral. There were signs posted warning about coral in the water. Let me tell you, step on one of those and ouch...it hurts. When we were there, you couldn't actually swim right in front of the hotel, we had to swim farther down on one side which wasn't a problem. We went in August and had problems with the air conditioning in our room. It was hot obviously and couldn't get the air conditioning to cool our room. Other than that, was really nice. Nightly entertainment, the disco...was fun. Oh, one more thing...the drive from the airport to Dreams took awhile, (on the bus for at least an hour or so) and in my case a real eye opener to visiting another country and seeing all the poverty.