14 year old girl attacked, Cielo Garcia Sena

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Is there anybody on DR1 who lives close to the area in question, who could provide a 1st hand report, as opposed to what's published in the news or social media? Preferably a longterm member. Just asking.

For what it is worth........Pedro Brand is north of Santo Domingo, off Duarte Highway, in the vicinity of the tollbooths just after passing the circumvalicion of Santo Domingo [heading north].

https://www.google.com/maps/place/P...4a523d7fbb5eaf!8m2!3d18.5660202!4d-70.0919949

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
An anonymous donor has come forward and paid Cielo's private hospital bills. Her infection is under control.

Additionally, a $1,000 Canadian dollar reward [38,000 pesos] has been offered to anyone who delivers the Haitian named Jeffey, who attacked the girl, to authorities in DR. He must be alive.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
Cielo is recovering very well and her infection is today under control . for sanitary reason Cielo will not be leaving the hospital until her house is bacteria free , clean and until she has a propre room to recover in . She is eating well and well taken care of .

https://www.youcaring.com/cindyahebert-834492

this is just so sad..........

sanpedrogringo

I love infractions!
Sep 2, 2011
An anonymous donor has come forward and paid Cielo's private hospital bills. Her infection is under control.

Additionally, a $1,000 Canadian dollar reward [38,000 pesos] has been offered to anyone who delivers the Haitian named Jeffey, who attacked the girl, to authorities in DR. He must be alive.

He must be alive?

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
For those that don't know Spanish, the subtitle of the article linked by Dv8 above says:

"More than a month later, her aggressor hasn't been arrested"

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i don't remember seeing it on sites i check daily: el caribe, DL and LD. but i might have have not been paying attention. the please-give-money people probably don't follow dominican news sites at all and besides, they are gathering funds for bikes, dontchaknow.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
i don't remember seeing it on sites i check daily: el caribe, DL and LD. but i might have have not been paying attention. the please-give-money people probably don't follow dominican news sites at all and besides, they are gathering funds for bikes, dontchaknow.

There is a woman in particular on one of the Cabarete FB pages who was pushing the "nobody is helping this poor girl but me so send me money for her" schtick.

In all fairness, I haven't seen anything from her lately.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
well good for her. i remember that in older articles the father of cielo said that he was aware of online funds collection by foreigners but he did not receive any of the money at that time.

it makes me wonder how those fund-me things work. how is the money moved eventually? is it taxed? do host website charge flat fee or percentage of funds gathered?

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005

Not nice, and you know it.

If it were not for "the please-give-money people" this story would probably have never gotten any coverage.