2022 Hurricane Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

MiamiDRGuy

Bronze
May 19, 2013
Screenshot 2022-09-18 203401.png

Looks like the first band is over DR right now. The eye seems is going straight for Bravao at the most by tomorrow morning and it'll be bad over there.

franco1111

Bronze
May 29, 2013
Gringo
This looks bad for La Romana. My wife is there with one kid. I am here in PC with the other. They say there is lots of rain in La Romana all afternoon but not much wind. I can see that on security cameras from here. But, later tonight could be some serious force.

Reactions: Administration

Administration

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
dr1.com
we have to ask @mikef but from radar it looks like the eye of the storm is heading towards Santo Domingo. As I understand the problem that happened in New Orleans is reporters were using 'old' data. For example yesterday people said the storm was going to turn north.

storm.png

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
View attachment 6346

Looks like the first band is over DR right now. The eye seems is going straight for Bravao at the most by tomorrow morning and it'll be bad over there.
Do you see how the eye is almost due west of where it was over the SW corner of PR? It looks like PC and Bavaro are going to get a direct hit if it continues that way. The entire north coast could really get drenched and some fairly heavy winds, too.

It's dead calm and no rain here in Cabarete.

Administration

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
dr1.com
This looks bad for La Romana. My wife is there with one kid. I am here in PC with the other. They say there is lots of rain in La Romana all afternoon but not much wind. I can see that on security cameras from here. But, later tonight could be some serious force.
A problem with using US National Weather Service data is they don't really report on DR, PR is in US territory but not DR.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
we have to ask @mikef but from radar it looks like the eye of the storm is heading towards Santo Domingo. As I understand the problem that happened in New Orleans is reporters were using 'old' data. For example yesterday people said the storm was going to turn north.

View attachment 6347
It does look like it dropped a little bit south. SD is not out of the woods yet.

MiamiDRGuy

Bronze
May 19, 2013
As said if anyone wants to, you can hop in Discord chat room and it'll be open 24/7 for anyone who wants to hip/chat and keep anyone updated in real time. No account is need. Just provide your own username as you use in DR1 so everyone will know you. You can upload videos, photos etc.

Link: https://discord.gg/6crgJMS6Yw

By the way, Weather Channel says the eye is moving WNW now and by 1am, it will change to NW and the eye will make landfall at Bravao at or about 6-8am tommorrow.

Administration

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
dr1.com
As said if anyone wants to, you can hop in Discord chat room and it'll be open 24/7 for anyone who wants to hip/chat and keep anyone updated in real time. No account is need. Just provide your own username as you use in DR1 so everyone will know you. You can upload videos, photos etc.

By the way, Weather Channel says the eye is moving WNW now and by 1am, it will change to NW and the eye will make landfall at Bravao at or about 6-8am tommorrow.
it says i have to have an EDU email address to join?
Screenshot 2022-09-18 205415.png

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019

Bavaro. I was thinking "I'm sure Bravo is a supermarket". It will be very bad news indeed if it hits Bavaro directly.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
we are still without electricity.
the line for the lights work s again since a few minutes, the 2nd line for the plugs for internet and charging computer/phone does not work.
The Storm is shown on the 8PM update as NW Moving, but that's not true.
it went almost straight WEST since it left PR and looks now as positioned in the middle of the Mona Channel.
To locate the Center is hard over night, as there is not Satellite view, but the Radar Station of PR give's a very good estimate and shows the same, middle of the SOUTHERN Mona Channel, no northward move since it left PR.
We have here in PC the TS part winds blowing, which is nothing of a danger for the area as long as people stay at home.
This Thing can move from there to which ever direction from straight West up to NW, at any moment.
So within a few hours it could be full over the La Romana area or PC Area, no way to tell, as the forecasts show NW Tracking but that is clearly wrong at this point.
I will check on the radar station every hour or so to not kill my phone battery with constant chatting and passing internet to the computer.
Stay home and safe everyone, this blowing we have here can last quiet a long piece of time if that thing decides to stay still out there near The home doors of DR.

Apr 10, 2012
Las Terrenas
Our home in Las Terrenas and our solar panels are still on the roof. We're in the US presently....
I have a weird feeling we're going to get hit by looking at http://www.windy.com

Our closest friend in town is saying not to worry. Relax.

Does anybody have a crystal ball?

franco1111

Bronze
May 29, 2013
Gringo
This is weather channel prediction for what its worth. 11 pm tonight and 2 am tomorrow. Bullseye at 2 am. We are here in PC. The luz is going on and off. Looks like a long night. The windows on the east side of the house are shaking.

1663550689221.png

1663550738330.png

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
Our home in Las Terrenas and our solar panels are still on the roof. We're in the US presently....
I have a weird feeling we're going to get hit by looking at http://www.windy.com

Our closest friend in town is saying not to worry. Relax.

Does anybody have a crystal ball?

If it does follow that track, first Bavaro and then Samana, Las Terrenas and across the north coast, it will have a devastating effect on tourism for the whole country. And the effects will be felt absolutely everywhere, it will be horrific.

Status
Not open for further replies.