2023 Hurricane Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
Tuesday Update of this torching hot summer.
AL95 is over the Windward Islands, nothing else than a few areas of rain.
It did not manage to get a number and entering the Caribbean Sea now conditions get worse for it, so it is gone.
I could need some, a whole night/day of real rainfall would be appreciated up here at Vallejina,
but it doesn't look like much coming up my way.
For tonight there's a chance to catch some up here and the same for tomorrow, but there's no real hope for some real rainfall.
We look all clear so far on all storm fronts, nothing in the make at this moment.
So while waiting that my carpenter arrives to build some shelfs and closets in a new Almazen/Storage Room Building we built up last week,
I will continue to run the pump to water the animal food plants around the Finca.
Getting ready to finish everything on time before Sunday/Fathers Day BBQ Day up here.
DR Campo Vaquero Life is goood.

Cheers

Gosh it was coming down in stair-rods this afternoon in Santo Domingo, a lot of roads knee-deep in water. My heart goes out to the folks in the barrios in this weather, torrential rain.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Gosh it was coming down in stair-rods this afternoon in Santo Domingo, a lot of roads knee-deep in water. My heart goes out to the folks in the barrios in this weather, torrential rain.
That may be in St Dgo, far away from here in PC like talking weather in Florida to what happens in NYC at the same time.
I am back on the Ranch in PC since 45 minutes and caught some light rain on the way home, kit was still dry at our place where we Now hear some thunder in the short distance, so hopefully we will get some real rain this evening.
I did not see any water puddles deeper than 2 millimeters on my way through PC Village, Bavaro, Veron and then up here back home today all day long.
About the Capital i can't tell anything, as i avoid that part of the Island like the pest, lol.
And some simple rain, as we know for knee deep water at some sections we do not need more than 30 minutes of real rain due ultra poor constructions, is not what we talk about here on the Hurricane Posts, at the moment we do not even have any Frontal anywhere near the Island, less to speak from a storm or such.
Rainfalls coming down at certain areas of the Island at times, that's nothing unusual and the filling up with water on the roads of certain areas in the Capital and in Bavaro, are a normal thing, without mother nature to do any bad nor out of the ordinary.

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Same here in San Cris. Cats and dogs for about an hour.

Reactions: MariaRubia

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Same here in San Cris. Cats and dogs for about an hour.
Here we had finally 12 minutes, lol.
Friend of mine, at his condo in PC, just told me he had 90 minutes of near thunder and 20 minutes of real rain.
we are in the air/as the crow flies maybe 10 kilometers apart, at tops, lol.
That stuff goes isolated by areas as usual and as long as no Hurricane dumped down anything for a day, so long knee deep waters on some roads are simply poor construction engineurs skills/corrupt constructors bad quality street construction works, Mom Nature has nothing to do with that.
We have in Bavaro road sections which are under water after a 20 minutes of real rain, as they left zero space to where rain could wash away, just areas closed by cement and petroleum with no exit to where rain water could go.
As for right here right now, the thunder in the distance is gone and the grounds are still the same dry.
Our night time skies really promise still that we may get rain, but i don't believe it until the dust on my car is washed down, lol.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
As for our storm front,
AL95 stays a nothing as expected,
the disturbed weather walking towards the Carolinas does not show anything to write about,
the new weak low pressure system associated with the Tropical Wave South of the Cabo Verde Islands does by now not show any chance to become anything to write home about.
Under the line:
For this week we look perfectly fine, and I hope I will get some rain.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Finally good nice rain on since 30 minutes here at my place, lightning, thunder and WATER, real rain.
A perfect wednesday afternoon with a friend and his wife and kid visiting,
cold german 5 Liter Beers Cans, good food and perfect rain.
As for the storm front, nothng of danger out there anywhere.
This rain is thanks to Ex-AL95 and hopefully will last all day and night long going on and off around me.
Sure in Bavaro some streets are already under water since 10 minutes after it started, lol.

Reactions: JD Jones

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Finally good nice rain on since 30 minutes here at my place, lightning, thunder and WATER, real rain.
A perfect wednesday afternoon with a friend and his wife and kid visiting,
cold german 5 Liter Beers Cans, good food and perfect rain.
As for the storm front, nothng of danger out there anywhere.
This rain is thanks to Ex-AL95 and hopefully will last all day and night long going on and off around me.
Sure in Bavaro some streets are already under water since 10 minutes after it started, lol.
Send it over!!

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
we had a real full 90 mnutes downpoor, to me worth more than winning some lottery, lol.
Now it is on and off but less quantity, still thunder and lightning around.
And the 2nd 5 Liter Beer Can comes to it's end.
we have several more left for Sunday/Fathers Day and for today my office fridge stocked with German 5.0, 9.0, thin Coors Light and Heinekens,
so what ever comes around, We will not have to stand it without good drinks and healthy own raised food.

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Looks good on the Sat Shot, I am where I marked the location with the Red Dot.
I sure do not need to water any plantation stuff until after fathers day beers are long goooone.
Screenshot 2023-07-26 153720.png

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
at the moment it is calm here, no wind no rain, but still all clouds all around, there is hope for more tonight.
Of course it has to stay clear in the morning around Saooa Island/Bayahibe, as the boats are booked up completely, lol.

Reactions: NanSanPedro

reilleyp

Dec 12, 2006
at the moment it is calm here, no wind no rain, but still all clouds all around, there is hope for more tonight.
Of course it has to stay clear in the morning around Saooa Island/Bayahibe, as the boats are booked up completely, lol.
How does your business in your area do now compared to the winter months? Is it busy all year in your area?

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
starting a week before the usa thanks giving weekend until mid august we are running on full swing.
End august until mid/end november is down time for us with only a few excursions per week.
And right NOW we are under a new full downpour, Let It RAIN, yeeehaaa.

Reactions: reilleyp

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
An other great weekend coming up, with DR Fathers Day to be celebrated this Sunday.
While we have 3 active systems on the map, there is nothing out there to worry about for us Islanders on Hispañola.
One is moving Landward on the coats of SE Georgia, no development expected, so just some rain there.
The other is located in the SWern Caribbean Sea, moving landward over Centra America.
And the one out of our East, reaching tomorrow the half way point of the Highway between Western Africa and the Lesser Antilles,
is riding on a Wave to move NW, out over open Atlantic Waters, missing the Caribbean by far away.
This one is the only actually active Low with a real possibility to become a TD, but again, not on any direction towards ourself.

Have a great weekend everybody and Happy Fathers Day to all actual and wannabecome Dads, lol

MikeFisher

Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
Status
Not open for further replies.