300,000th Post

sunshine_79

I made the 300,000th post!
Jun 1, 2005
Robert said:
In London right now, so a little hard.

But... sometime in January I will be up on the North Coast to buy you dinner ;)

Awesome! Can I pick the place? ;)

Have a safe trip home!

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
For the 300,000th post you get to pick from El Man Hot dogs or plato del dia at Punto Frio.

sunshine_79

Jun 1, 2005
Robert said:
Of course :)

Cool! Like a true woman, I will be sure to order the most expensive thing on the menu and then only eat three bites.

There is a new place in Playa Cofresi, Teddy's Island BBQ. I have not been but have heard wonderful things. The menu includes:

Mamajuana smoked ribs
Drunken chicken quesadillas
Pulled pork sandwiches
The Ludacris Burger

Robert, if you can finish a whole Ludacris burger, you will be my hero for life. It is 2 8oz beef patties with cheese, sausage, bacon, lettuce, tomato, onion and a fried egg. It doesn't have a normal bun, it's all between two grilled cheese sandwiches.

I can feel my cholesterol level rising as I write this.

dawnwil

Bronze
Aug 27, 2003
sunshine_79 said:
Robert, if you can finish a whole Ludacris burger, you will be my hero for life. It is 2 8oz beef patties with cheese, sausage, bacon, lettuce, tomato, onion and a fried egg. It doesn't have a normal bun, it's all between two grilled cheese sandwiches.

Hero? What the ...? Sorry, Sunnie, two thumbs down.

Rubi is advertising this burger as per above description waaay too often. I find it nauseating just hearing about it. Honestly, I want to turn the radio off every time it's mentioned.

A fried egg? Sausage? Between 2 grilled cheese sandwiches? PUL--EEZE.

I'd love to find a bona fide grilled bbq burger with fried onions, sharp cheddar, and optional dill pickles and hot banana peppers on an awesome grilled crusty bun somewhere on the north coast. In my lifetime.

sunshine_79

Jun 1, 2005
dawnwil said:
Hero? What the ...? Sorry, Sunnie, two thumbs down.

Rubi is advertising this burger as per above description waaay too often. I find it nauseating just hearing about it. Honestly, I want to turn the radio off every time it's mentioned.

A fried egg? Sausage? Between 2 grilled cheese sandwiches? PUL--EEZE.

Still, I would like to see someone finish the whole thing. That is a lot of food!

In Amarillo, TX, they have one of those steakhouses that will give you the meal for free if you can finish a 72 oz steak dinner within an hour.

Maybe Teddy should follow suit.

I don't usually listen to Rubi so I don't know about the frequency of their advertising; I read about this place in the Costambar Monthly - there was a huge add on the back page.

I take it you won't be trying the Ludacris Burger? ;)

dawnwil

Bronze
Aug 27, 2003
claro!

Hey Sunnie, find me my kind of burger and I'll take you for dinner. :)

Honestly, it needs only to be done at home, is all. I need to beg time on one of the awesome bbqs that resides in the area. It's a matter of organizing.

Joanne?
Slapper's dad?

heh

May 12, 2005
Dawn, you make me some more of those delicious yucca fritters and I'll grill you up a nice burger in exchange next time I'm in the DR.

dawnwil

Bronze
Aug 27, 2003
deal

What say we sneak into Escott's finca and steal the yucca first? I doubt very much he'd stop us ... Frank the Tank = awesome finca raiding partner. hee.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
did some one mention yucca fritters? i am coming. I can eat 10 of them.Scott is an expert in yuca fritters. Long live yuca.
AZB

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
I don't know if anyone else noticed, but DR1 recently broke a record last week:

"Most users ever online was 1,335, 01-04-2006 at 04:24 PM."

Man, I have too much free time on my hands.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
rellosk said:
I don't know if anyone else noticed, but DR1 recently broke a record last week:

"Most users ever online was 1,335, 01-04-2006 at 04:24 PM."
It looks like records are made to be broken:

Most users ever online was 1,611, 03-13-2006 at 02:32 PM.