$69 (sin tax) OW sale-Gotta love JetBlue

toneloc24

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
JetBlue is offering $69 plus tax fares JFK-DR, during the Fall (after Labor day, before Thanskgiving). Let's see if AA, Delta, or Continental matches.

Here's the article.

http://www.jetblue.com/learnmore/pressDetail.asp?newsId=261

JetBlue Kicks Off One-Million-Seat Sale

-- Sale Fares Reduced by up to 50% from Regular Fares --
New York, NY (July 13, 2004) -- JetBlue Airways (Nasdaq: JBLU) is kicking off Fall travel by putting one million seats on sale with fares up to 50% less than regular fares.

"This is our way of saying 'Thanks a million' to the 25 million customers we've served over the last four and a half years," said David Neeleman, JetBlue's Chairman and CEO. "With one-way fares starting from $29* from Long Beach and $49* from New York, Washington, Boston and Florida, customers can really experience our gratitude throughout the Fall."

JetBlue has never had lower fares between the northeast and Florida, starting from $49* one way from New York's John F. Kennedy to Fort Lauderdale, Fort Myers, Orlando, Tampa and West Palm Beach; from NY/LaGuardia*** and Washington/Dulles to Fort Lauderdale; and from Boston/Logan to Fort Lauderdale, Fort Myers, Orlando, and Tampa. Florida fares from Buffalo, Rochester and Syracuse, NY, and from Burlington, VT start at $59* one way.

Caribbean service from New York starts from just $69* one way, from JFK to San Juan and Aguadilla, Puerto Rico, and to Santiago and Santo Domingo, in the Dominican Republic. (Fares from the Dominican Republic start at $78* with the inclusion of value-added tax.)

Coast to coast fares start from $99* one way from JFK to California's LA/Long Beach, Oakland, Ontario, Sacramento, San Diego, and San Jose; from Washington/Dulles to Long Beach, Oakland and Sacramento; and from Boston/Logan to Long Beach and Oakland.

Sale fares between Long Beach and Las Vegas, NV start at $29* one way, between Long Beach and Oakland start at $39* one way and between Long Beach and Salt Lake City, UT from $59* one way.

JetBlue announced yesterday that it plans daily service between JFK and Phoenix, AZ starting October 1, 2004, which will also be offered on sale from $99* one way.

These sale fares, which require a 14-day advance purchase, must be bought at www.jetblue.com by July 29 for travel between September 7 and December 15, 2004. Sale fare travel is not permitted during blackout dates between November 23 and 29, 2004. Customers should book early as seats may not be available on all flights. For an additional $3 each way, the sale fares can also be booked by calling 1-800-JETBLUE.

JetBlue's Million Seat Sale Fares:

New York/JFK to:
Fort Lauderdale, Fort Myers, Orlando, Tampa, & West Palm Beach; New Orleans $49*
San Juan & Aguadilla, Puerto Rico; Santiago & Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic $69*
Denver $89*
Las Vegas, Long Beach, Oakland, Ontario, Phoenix, Sacramento, Salt Lake City, San Diego, San Jose & Seattle $99*

PRbbDRbm

Apr 29, 2004
System is congested ....

I tried to get in on this deal but the JestBlue website is congested and the 1-800 line also. I guess everyone that has read this thread is trying to buy a ticket. So good luck to all. :)

NY1

Feb 26, 2002
Just did a search, with taxes and all included, the sale price to SDQ is $245.90.

Definitely worth the late arrival time.

toneloc24

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
I'll probably grab a flight during this time period, just because it's so freaking cheap.

The $245.90 (after taxes) applies to both the SDQ & STI markets.

Trust me, if you aren't traveling with family, the late arrival time puts you in DR right when the party is starting up. You'll probably catch a nap on the flight, then by the time the flight lands, you'll be ready to hit the island by storm.

You gotta love JetBlue.

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
toneloc24 said:
I'll probably grab a flight during this time period, just because it's so freaking cheap.

The $245.90 (after taxes) applies to both the SDQ & STI markets.

Trust me, if you aren't traveling with family, the late arrival time puts you in DR right when the party is starting up. You'll probably catch a nap on the flight, then by the time the flight lands, you'll be ready to hit the island by storm.

You gotta love JetBlue.

you gotta love competition

getting there at a bit past 1am is not bad

thats when most of the clubs get started

also, you will be in and out of the airport

245 R/t is a steal

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
cmedina07 said:
you gotta love competition

getting there at a bit past 1am is not bad

thats when most of the clubs get started

also, you will be in and out of the airport

245 R/t is a steal

AA has lowered their fares to compete. They now has fares at 260.90 and give you more flight options.

Overall, it ends up being good for the customers

toneloc24

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
yeah, and Delta & Continental are next to follow suit.

You just gotta love what JetBlue's doing in this market. There's no way in hell AA would just do this. They must compete in this price war. Whatever the case, we win!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You think like me about the late arrivals. I have no kids. Therefore, when I'm on vacation, I have no responsibilities. Hit the ground streaking. I'm on vacation, why not start as soon as I arrive? Clearing the STI airport in 5-10 mins is thing of beauty!!!!!

NY1

Feb 26, 2002
Aviastar, I think toneloc's point is that since one is arriving so late, you'll never encounter other passengers from other flights that may delay your departure from customs and the airport.

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
aviastar said:
the price is actually 77 usd + tax, but only on night flights, day flights will be 111 usd ow

it is 69 dollars and up

it is still a good deal and is great competition

you have the option of taking a late flight back and for only 245 R/T or use the competition like AA which is now selling their tickets for 260.

it is a win win situtation for the customers.

please stop drinking so much HATORADE.

R.Dennis

Apr 1, 2004
Aviastar is a Jet Blue Hater~

cmedina07 said:
it is 69 dollars and up

it is still a good deal and is great competition

you have the option of taking a late flight back and for only 245 R/T or use the competition like AA which is now selling their tickets for 260.

it is a win win situtation for the customers.

please stop drinking so much HATORADE.

I second cmedina notion of Aviastar drinking waaayyy too much HATORADE, you always seem like your writing negative things about JetBLue, I remember you said you don't have a agenda against Jet Blue, why not anything positive?

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
R.Dennis said:
I second cmedina notion of Aviastar drinking waaayyy too much HATORADE, you always seem like your writing negative things about JetBLue, I remember you said you don't have a agenda against Jet Blue, why not anything positive?

indeed

the bottom line is this: Jetblue started this promotion and now everyone one I know seems to be aware of it This is a great marketing idea because some people are now adding trips that they initially had no plans on taking. People flying to DR are now saving about 50 to 100 bucks. A deal is a deal, and it is sweeter when it is a recognized airline like jetblue doing it.

Take a look at what has happened since JBLU started this sale:

The flights for Jetblue during the sale period comes out to $ 245.90 R/T including all taxes (which is over 100 bucks to DR). Now Delta is matching the fare at 245.90 going to SDQ. Too bad they are not going to STI yet. What has American Airlines done?

Well, they now have the fares to Santiago and Santo Domingo for 260.90 which is a few bucks more but gives you more options as far fas as flight times. I counted 5 flights out of JFK to STI Non-Stop.

The key here is competition and for the members that come here without an agenda, this is great news!!

NY1

Feb 26, 2002
On a side note, AA's website is presently down. Must be all those Jetblue haters going on AA's site to cash in on Jetblue's special.